Home
do you own or wish you could find a discontinued handgun you wish you could still buy?
most of us just regret the fact we don,t have an unlimited budget for toys,
I know I passed on a good many deals back in the past.
I now regret as the prices have escalated to comparatively exorbitant levels now.

[Linked Image]
if I could buy one new, at a good price , Id buy a couple 1006 S&W 10 mm

[Linked Image]

if I could buy one new, at a good price , Id buy couple a 10" mod 29 S&W

[Linked Image]
if I could buy one new, at a good price , Id buy a couple h&k p7 pistols

[Linked Image]
if I could buy one new, at a good price , Id buy a couple sig 210 pistols

whats on your , I missed the boat at a decent price wish list?

I'd like one of the original 6 shot Redhawk .357 magnums, with the 7.5 inch barrel. It'd be fun to see if one could be worn out.
Colt Diamondback - .38 Spcl. & 22. LR
Ruger Security Six
Those listed and Ruger MKII 10 inch, Python. That’s all I can think of now.
Bren Ten
Most of the above. And a few more. Like an S&W 4 inch 28. Several different 1911 types. Most pre-lock S&W's. and so on. Champagne and beer contest.

Some of the Lugers and P38's and Tokarevs of days past. Colt Single Action Army. Different varieties. Browning Hi-Powers. Husqvarna P-35.
I’d like a Registered Magnum and a target Triple Lock. A 4” 16-4 to go with my 6”. A model of 1950 Target pre26 45ACP. I could go on but it would be easier to just say S&Ws from 1918-1990 or so.

To the OP, what would you consider a decent price on a 1006? I have one collecting dust I could possibly be talked out of.
Almost started a thread yesterday lamenting how lame this forum has been getting without Kevin Gibson starting two or three of these kinds of threads a day.

S&W 5943, pre-TSW but with an integral rail. Not sure they ever delivered that exact model, but they made melonited 5946s like that for WVSP.
Ruger Security Six
The S&W K22.

Okie John
If the OP could buy one new, at a good price, WTF would he buy two, not knowing the price of the second ones?......
3" S&W 66.

RS
I just about ALWAYS purchased two of most guns ,
because I have two sons and when I pass I want the collection,
evenly and easily divided between the two sons..
and yes at times the finances available would not allow the second firearms purchase
something I regret
Where did Gibson go?
PYTHON
Originally Posted by viking
Where did Gibson go?

No idea but he's hardly posted for months.
I'm going to have to go with the Bren 10 also. Add the 3 inch Model 65. I did however pick up a L Comp today, so maybe that itch has been scratched. I carried a H&K P7M10 (40 S&W squeeze cocker) and was not impressed. I do wish I had kept it as they are rare these days.
4 inch python and 4 inch diamondback in 22 lr.
Smith & Wesson 3913
Originally Posted by 340mag

Colt Woodsman 5" barrel
Colt Diamondback in .38 special 4" and 6"

Ruger .357 maximum, either barrel length.
Ruger .44 KS410 (10.5" tapered barrel) super blackhawk.
Ruger Mk II 10" silhouette .22.
Ruger Old Army 5.5"

S&W 586/686 w/ 8-3/8" barrel
S&W 16-4 8-3/8" barrel
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
Bren Ten

Chuck Warner, a noted gunsmith, will shortly be in production of a limited number of the Bren Ten, they'll be selling for $3500. I don't know the number he's going to make, but I think it's only 50. I know there's a helluva lot of interest on his Facebook page. His pistols will use the Tanfoglio 10mm magazines for the Witness pistol, which are available and relatively inexpensive, as opposed to D&D's non-existent magazines. I'm pretty sure that most of this issue is spoken for, but there might be a few that don't have a deposit on them.

Chuck has built his own HiPowers from scratch, and probably 1911s, too, and they are spectacular. The preliminary frame and slide he's posted pics of, are equally spectacular, a lot cleaner than the D&D guns. If I had $3500 laying around, I'd be all over one.

Here's a link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CSPOwnersAssociation/?ref=bookmarks
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Colt Woodsman 5" barrel

uhh, OK.
2nd the Colt Woodsman. Make mine a Match Target.

Colt Anaconda 4" .45 Colt
Sig p239.....9mm or 40
.38-44 Heavy Duty
Registered Magnum
Originally Posted by dSmith_45
2nd the Colt Woodsman. Make mine a Match Target.

Do you want a 5", like that other guy? Or would you settle for the 4" or 6 5/8ths"(1st) or 6" (2 and 3) that they came in?
Colt SAA US Army Model. Original Colt Walker. Colt Paterson Revolver
Colt New Service in .45 ACP.
Just would like to be able to get Smith N, L and K frames in the 1980's configuration, pre-MIM and pre-lock. 50's configuration for N frames would be mo-betta.
4 or 5" SS Kit Gun.

I carry a 3" daily and concealed while hunting, but the law here requires 4" for actual hunting use.
The S&W K22.

Okie John

Maybe I'm a little confused on whether there is a difference between the "K22" and the "17", but they still make the model 17 Masterpiece, they're calling them "Classics" or something now. I was getting really close to either buying a used one or a new one, but after a lot of research, I found that the accuracy wasn't what I had always been lead to believe, and a lot of people have significant problems with sticky extraction. Was leaning towards the new ones because they're drilled & tapped for a scope, which would've been the only way my eyes could take advantage of the accuracy.
Colt Woodsman Match Target W/4" barrel.

Had one with a 6" barrel that I bought new in 1970 for $145.

Sure wish I would have hung on to it.

Virgil B.
Originally Posted by bhemry
The S&W K22.

Okie John

Maybe I'm a little confused on whether there is a difference between the "K22" and the "17", but they still make the model 17 Masterpiece, they're calling them "Classics" or something now. I was getting really close to either buying a used one or a new one, but after a lot of research, I found that the accuracy wasn't what I had always been lead to believe, and a lot of people have significant problems with sticky extraction. Was leaning towards the new ones because they're drilled & tapped for a scope, which would've been the only way my eyes could take advantage of the accuracy.

Read an article on the S&W 22 revolvers. The old ones were shot by the gunsmith who build them. They had to meet a stand of accuracy. The new ones have a Hilary hole and are not a desirable to me. Hasbeen
do you own or wish you could find a discontinued handgun you wish you could still buy?

The Sig P210 is back in production. Do you mean you wish you could have bought one of the original P210's? I don't think they were inexpensive, either. Check out prices on the used/NIB original P210's, not very affordable.
A smith and wesson 22 on a K frame (17,617,317) are one of the best shooting guns period. Ive never shot one with the hole on the side. Im only speaking up to the late 1990s or so.
Originally Posted by SCgman1
Sig p239.....9mm or 40

Luckily I have both, but would purchase 1 more of each if I could.
H-K P7

Some of the pistols mentioned are currently available. When new, some of the older ones mentioned were expensive for their day.

I have a Ruger twin cylinder single six that if new would retail for $600. I paid $100 for mine new in 1975.

So there is a reason these guns were maybe passed by back then. In 1975, as a starting out accountant, even $100 was a stretch for me. Yeah and I had two kids and no house yet!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Mauser C96. NIB.
German P-08 9mm Luger.
With a few exceptions, most of what is desired here is just a few clicks away. And if you adjust for inflation, current prices are in many cases, comparable.
Oh an original Glock 19 Gen 2.
Ruger three screw revolvers.
It would be easier to list what I woukd not buy...

One stand out would be a truckload of the origional Dan Wesson pistol packs. In all the calibers. Toss in a few extra 15 inch barrel/shroud combos.
used to have a huge list, but now, nothing.
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Colt Woodsman 5" barrel

uhh, OK.

I used to have 2. 40 years ago. I found my hand written list a couple days before this came up. I thought it said 4,5 inch .. as in two different guns, but maybe one was a 4.5 and the other with a longer barrel was not on the list. Could be .. that list was only partial suggesting I made it listing whatever I had left after some of the selling had happened. Bunch of stuff I wish I had now but I did what my father told me to do and sold them.

Tom
Sooooo many.....

For me, it's not the old Colts etc. I don't have that kind of budget.
But I'd like to see the 5" regular old Redhawk in 45 Colt, stainless. And the Ruger three screws, blue not black.
A Thompson sub-machine gun ala 1920's Chicago hardware stores. Snag a Colt Monitor while I'm in there
Like an idiot, I sold a SS 2.75" Security Six. I want it back!
Coonan 357
Parts support for an LAR Grizzly 45 Win Mag
Dan Wesson 414 Super mag
Rem 788s
Originally Posted by kragman1
Sooooo many.....

For me, it's not the old Colts etc. I don't have that kind of budget.
But I'd like to see the 5" regular old Redhawk in 45 Colt, stainless. And the Ruger three screws, blue not black.

A standard blue Redhawk in 45 Colt, either 4 or 5 1/2 inch, would make me reach for my wallet. So would a 4 inch blue, short lug GP-100 with fixed sights, this time in 40/10mm. Like many here, a no-lock S&W revolver is near the top of my list. Make mine a 22-4 Model 1950 with a 4" barrel.
I missed the boat on:

Colt Diamondback .22LR
Colt Anaconda .44mag

The boat has come back around on the S&W 610, so I will buy one of the new ones in the next few years.
Has to be the S&W M337 PD pre-lock only manufactured in 1998 and 1999 and the lock version for just two more years. The 337 PD is the lightest .38 Special +P that S&W ever manufactured, or probably any others manufactured at only 9 ounces. I didn't know that I needed one until I went to a gun show in Florida and handled a Scandium frame S&W 360. That one is a current .357 Magnum and since I knew I'd only shoot .38 Specials, I went looking for a pre-lock lighter weight .38 Special version and that is the 337 PD. Lots of you guys like the Airweight J frames like the 442, 642 or the 637. I just shoot better single action with an exposed hammer J-frame and my M60 was just too chunky at 20 ounces for every day carry. A gun shop in Georgia had the 337 PD that I was looking for and the M60 went up for sale.
340 Mag: Interesting question.
I would buy a couple more Smith & Wesson Model 651's (J-Frame stainless 4" revolvers in 22 Magnum) and a couple more Smith & Wesson Model 647's (K-Frame stainless 8 3/8" revolvers in 17 HMR)!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by ClearAirTurbulence

Mauser C96. NIB.

Yes, absolutely!
USFA...although one can still find them a little over what was retail.

Most any S&W made before 2001.
I know I passed on a good many deals back in the past.
I now regret as the prices have escalated to comparatively exorbitant levels now.

[Linked Image]
if I could buy one new, at a good price , Id buy a couple 1006 S&W 10 mm

[Linked Image]

if I could buy one new, at a good price , Id buy couple a 10" mod 29 S&W

[Linked Image]
if I could buy one new, at a good price , Id buy a couple h&k p7 pistols

[Linked Image]

Any 1006's I run into these days are usually beat to crap.
Originally Posted by savage24
I missed the boat on:

Colt Diamondback .22LR
Colt Anaconda .44mag

The boat has come back around on the S&W 610, so I will buy one of the new ones in the next few years.

I have seen several 610's for sale recently.
Browning Hi Power. T-Series possibly, if I could get one at a decent price.
Smith 24 and 57 four inch models.
[quote=dSmith_45]2nd the Colt Woodsman. Make mine a Match Target.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^^^ memtb

Originally Posted by Cowboybart
Like an idiot, I sold a SS 2.75" Security Six. I want it back!

These are still available, and come up on Gunbroker.com and frequently local markets. Still very popular.
Current prices are fairly high IMO, but you get what you pay for.

Truth of the matter is, you aren't going to run into any of these guns at the prices they used to be. You don't make
the kind of money you used to make. Times change but most of these guns are still available from someone getting
older and haven't used them in a long time. Just be willing to step up to the new prices.

One of the old Browning .380s.

Also, the old Browning top-of-the-line .22s, the one with the forend. Medallion?

Whoops! Medalist.

I also wish that I hadn’t traded-off ( in 1969) my Browning Nomad 22 RF semi-oauto pistol. Not only was it a great shooter, but I saw a used (very good condition) one about 15 years ago ....the asking price was just shy of 10x what I paid for mine! memtb
Colt Python, Diamondback, Anaconda, and 357 or Early Trooper, Beretta Model 70's, Lightweight Browning Hi Power's, Colt Woodsman
Smith and Wesson 1006.
Smith and Wesson Model 15 with 2 inch BBL.
Smith and Wesson model 27 with 5 inch BBL.
Smith and Wesson model 57
Smith and Wesson model 58
Smith and Wesson model 52
Smith and Wesson model 3906

I guess I am a fan of Smith and Wesson.
Colt Officers Model Target 32 Colt New Police
Smith K32
Colt Shooting Master in 44 Special or 45 Colt
Colt Anaconda 8 inch 44 Mag and 45 Colt
Smith 1950 44 Special
S&W pre-war .357 magnum.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Colt WWI Repro.
2213, 622, 422 S&W
Originally Posted by savage24
I missed the boat on:

Colt Diamondback .22LR
Colt Anaconda .44mag

Surprised it took six pages for someone to mention the Anaconda. That would be at the top of my list.
I still got my 8 inch Anaconda. I wish I would have bought a 4 inch version too.
Originally Posted by viking
Oh an original Glock 19 Gen 2.

Gave mine to my son, I sure miss it 🙂

Otherwise a buddy had a five-shot S&W .44 Special, short barrel, 3” long or less. We all admired that gun. I wouldn’t mind having one, it was a design greater than the sum of its parts. It just plain worked.

Recently I was gifted a NIB Springfield Field Armory 9mm XDs, like a single stack Glock with a grip safety. It ain’t the lightest, most compact nor the highest capacity compact nine (7+1 to 9+1depending on the mag) but I’m liking the heck out of it.

IT just went out of product, leaving me scrambling for extra mags and recoil Springs.
Originally Posted by trplem
I'd like one of the original 6 shot Redhawk .357 magnums, with the 7.5 inch barrel. It'd be fun to see if one could be worn out.

Had a shot at one of these a couple years ago. Wish I had jumped. Overbuilt but a damn good gun.
Originally Posted by beefan
Smith & Wesson 3913

Have one of those. Good choice. A real cadillac!
W. German sig 228 9mm.
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Colt Diamondback - .38 Spcl. & 22. LR
Ruger Security Six

The Security Sixes are out there. Last January I picked up a pristine 6” stainless .357 for $450. I love it. It came with aftermarket stocks. I only wish I had the originals also.
Any Smith & Wesson 629-4. Mountain gun, 4", 5" and 6". Already have the 8 3/8 barrel DLX version.

'60's or '70's era Smith & Wesson model 41 with 7 inch barrel. Or the 5" and the 7" barrels both fitted to the same 41 frame.

H&K P7 M13 new for under $1000. Never fired one, but I'd like to give one a try.

I have a Glock 19 Gen 2 - new in the box - just to see what happens.
What is it about the Gen 2 G19 that makes it so desirable?

Paul
Didn’t read all the posts. I would like to buy a dozen Luger artillery models at the original price. I would want it discontinued right after my purchase.
Originally Posted by Paul39
What is it about the Gen 2 G19 that makes it so desirable?

Paul

No nubs, no rail, probably better triggers, that Would be my guess.
Any of the S&W snake guns. Superb in every respect.
huh?
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer

You mean Colt?
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer

You mean Colt?

I’ve never heard of a S&W “snake” gun either
S&W's kill snakes as good as any.....
Originally Posted by huntsman22
S&W's kill snakes as good as any.....

LOL. Yep
Python
Originally Posted by RGK
S&W pre-war .357 magnum.

Colt WWI Repro.

That’s some beautiful wood on both; but I really like the Ropers!
An Omni by USFA is about the only thing I can think of.
Ruger Blackhawk in 357 maximum. any Ruger 3 screw SA. Ruger cap n ball SA
I wish I could find a new Sig P228.
The 5" M29.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Or 5" M25.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Ed, those are some nice grips on that mod 25. Were those custom?
© 24hourcampfire