Home
Posted By: Mac84 Taurus G2C - 06/29/19
Will anyone admit to owning one? I picked one up for 175 after the rebate. 200 rds through and perfect function.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Taurus G2C - 06/29/19
Little brother & nephew both bought one for carry guns. They both like em.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Taurus G2C - 06/29/19
Thumb safety would be a deal breaker for me.
Posted By: atse Re: Taurus G2C - 06/29/19
I have a G2. It has been good so far. I have put about 500 rnds through it, cleaned it once. It has never jammed or missfired, even in cold winter temps. The pistol is quite accurate, and I have no complaints with it.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Taurus G2C - 06/29/19
I have one. Fist Taurus semi I've owned in quite a few years. Have a few hundred rounds through it so far without a single malfunction of any kind. I'm not carrying it yet but if it continues this trend I probably will.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Taurus G2C - 06/29/19
I have a couple. They are handy a truck or car guns. If you lose one you haven't lost a lot of money, but they are reliable enough to actually do what you need. Good for Taurus. I wouldn't have a high point at the same price, but Taurus is on to something. With 2, 12 round mags, and being very concealable, and reliable, what more can one ask for.
Posted By: irfubar Re: Taurus G2C - 06/29/19
I have a few hundred rounds through mine and it has performed perfectly
Posted By: Lonerider Re: Taurus G2C - 06/29/19
Wife and I have 900+ thru hers, all handloads and no issues yet. She shoots it better than any gun she has shot and is a 73 year old great grandma you really dont wanna get on the wrong side of when shes toting that thing. Jack is right it beats the pants off a HiPoint
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Taurus G2C - 06/29/19
My Momma's oldest boy is worth more to me, than a Taurus.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Taurus G2C - 06/30/19
Lol Joel was waiting for you and Bobby to show up.
Posted By: rockchucker Re: Taurus G2C - 07/01/19
YOU DID WHAT??????????
Posted By: colodog Re: Taurus G2C - 07/01/19
Not me, No way! I don't need a G2C

I'm still slumming my Millennium G2 and it's still shooting great.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Taurus G2C - 07/01/19
Checked them.out for the $$ but when you are used to ppq and canik triggers it was noooo
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Taurus G2C - 07/01/19
I had one. Shot great and no malfunctions
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Taurus G2C - 08/21/19
Just picked one up, I’ll ‘fess up, this was a buy to get something well ahead of the next possible round of gun control legislation. Cost and good reviews were the deciding factors.

This not a lightweight pistol, at 21oz empty it weighs the same as a Glock 19. also empty, weight loaded is just three 9mm rounds shy of a loaded 19. In the hand the size and heft of the G2c is very reminiscent of the old first generation all steel 9mm Kahr. It fits my hand vey well.

Took it out just to function test fire it into a dirt bank with cheap new Remington 115 grain bulk ball. Did not disassemble and clean before firing but I did put a drop of oil of each slide rail. The slide racked fine, empty.

Loaded magazine, whole different story, slide stiff, first five rounds absolute failure to feed after firing. Three barely ejecting the first round but did not chamber the next round, Slide now closed or closed on empty chamber ( right away I came to appreciate the loaded chamber indicator).

Tried the other mag, same thing for the first three rounds.

I was about to declare the pistol junk but for the remaining 92 rounds the pistol suddenly worked flawless, both mags. I suspect two adjacent moving parts did not received the degree of polish at the factory one might expect from a Sig for example.

Accuracy and specific load testing next.

Posted By: Mac84 Re: Taurus G2C - 08/27/19
Been running mine here and there. 300+ rds through and no issues at all. Shoots everything i've fed it so far. The trigger seems to have smoothed out some too. Overall I like it a lot, especially for 175 bucks.

Hey Bobby, how do you like yours? wink
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Taurus G2C - 08/27/19
Don't lie Mac. Budget cuts forced a bad decision on your re arm funds....
Posted By: rockchucker Re: Taurus G2C - 08/28/19
unfortunately the POS shoots great lol
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Taurus G2C - 08/28/19
The fact that they'll take 15 round 226 Mecgar mags is pretty cool.
Loaded chamber indicator is nice, too.

I have seen a hundred of these sold and transferred through my LGS.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Taurus G2C - 08/28/19
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Don't lie Mac. Budget cuts forced a bad decision on your re arm funds....

Hahaha!!!! This little bugger is the real deal.
Posted By: steve99 Re: Taurus G2C - 08/28/19
I've had mine, a SS slide version for a few months with 500+ rounds down range. No issues, fits my hand well. Still need to try some HP ammo in it. The 500+ were all FMJ 124 grs reloads using Unique.
Posted By: Owl Re: Taurus G2C - 08/28/19
Don't have a G2c, but I do have 3 Millennium G2's. No issues at all.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Taurus G2C - 08/28/19
The G2 has become Taurus' bread and butter pistol. Not so much for US sales, but they're selling the [bleep] out of them on the international law enforcement and military markets. The first ones had some serious issues, serious enough that Brazil dumped them and just recently adopted Glocks. But Taurus got them fixed and they are selling a lot of them now.

What I have noticed about Taurus autos. First, the 92's are straight up solid pistols; very recommended. The rest of them...If they work right out of the box, it will likely work forever and never give you any grief.
© 24hourcampfire