Home
Posted By: 1Longbow Paddle holster for 101 - 07/28/19
Whats your favorite paddle holster or regular holster for the Ruger 101. Thank you
I would go with a Milt Sparks PMK belt holster.

I'd also avoid paddle holsters like the plague. Aside from being uncomfortable, most folks buy garbage ones like Serpas and then stuff like this happens:

https://www.newson6.com/story/40835018/arrest-made-after-overnight-crime-spree

Every open carry twit who claims it is such a huge deterrent should view this.

While I am not 100% sure both of the hood rats knew (based on angle of approach) that he was armed, they surely were communicating. Once he went for his gun, the first hood rat who was armed had the drop on him big time, and could have dropped him like a bad habit, had they been a truly committed armed robbery crew. The homeowner is alive today purely due to luck and nothing else. Certainly not his skill at arms.

That said, I am sure he will be telling his grandchildren an entirely different version of the events..

Anyways, back to the original topic, The PMK is a super comfortable holster.
Posted By: FreeMe Re: Paddle holster for 101 - 07/30/19
Mackay is right on, and I would only add that a less expensive but still very good option is the Galco Combat Master.

Some paddle holsters are okay for some sporting use with some guns, but for general carry, they suck.
Posted By: VaHunter Re: Paddle holster for 101 - 07/30/19
Bianchi 5BH
I tried a cheap ass Fobus plastic one once for my SP101.
Damn near couldn’t get my gun out of it.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Paddle holster for 101 - 07/31/19
I've never really been a fan of paddle holsters. Every time I see one I get the picture of some old Italian detective who has eaten way too much pasta sweating as he stands up from his desk and struggles to out his holster in his pants asnhe rushes out to a call
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I would go with a Milt Sparks PMK belt holster.

I am sure the Sparks is the higher quality choice.

But I am a cheap bastard by necessity. I found a very similar holster by DeSantis, except mine has a thumb break. I got mine at Cabelas for $65 in club points. I like mine.
I think Sagebrush once again has enlightened me.
© 24hourcampfire