Home
Posted By: MOGC What if they ban... - 08/10/19
What if they ban all semi auto firearms. Handgun, rifles and shotguns. If you were forced to defend yourself, family and homestead right now without a semi auto do you have any capable non-semi auto firearms to turn to?
Banning & getting are two different things.
Originally Posted by MOGC
do you have any capable non-semi auto firearms to turn to?

Geez, of course. Revolvers, pump action shotguns, lever action rifles.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: What if they ban... - 08/10/19
The wonderful thing about 'speculation' is - The possibilities are endless.
Posted By: MOGC Re: What if they ban... - 08/10/19
It's a hypothetical question. Just for discussion...

Do you agree with my answer?
[quote=MOGC]What if they ban all semi auto firearms. Handgun, rifles and shotguns...../quote]

The word you are looking of is "Civil War".
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Do you agree with my answer?

Sure! Sounds about like my situation. I started wondering how many guys have a suitable combat revolver. Plenty of younger shooters aren't into revolvers except maybe large hunting type guns.
Posted By: krupp Re: What if they ban... - 08/10/19
Since we are dealing in hypothetical's I would go with a 30/30 lever and 357 revolver for close work and a 1903A1 or Model 1917 Enfield to reach out and hurt someones feelings.
Posted By: muleshoe Re: What if they ban... - 08/10/19
If all semi autos were banned why wouldn't a DA revolver be on the list too? It goes boom every time you pull the trigger, eh.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: What if they ban... - 08/10/19
686+. If they try that stupid 10rd capacity limit thing again, that's why I bought a G48 a few months ago. It actually fits my hand better than the 19 that I love and have had for years. Riflewise, I have an M7LS in 243 and have been thinking of getting a Steyr Scout in .223.
Originally Posted by muleshoe
If all semi autos were banned why wouldn't a DA revolver be on the list too? It goes boom every time you pull the trigger, eh.

They like the fact that you can't just switch out a magazine, or put in a high cap magazine.
Posted By: RGK Re: What if they ban... - 08/10/19
I'd get what I could, get rid of what I had to and keep shooting. If I were in England I'd shoot double guns and bolt rifles. Too easy. Might have to adapt a little, but as the Brothers say in south LA, it's all good. A nice Rigby 7x57mm stalking rifle and a sleek Watson Bros 20 ga double sounds do-able.
Bob
Posted By: viking Re: What if they ban... - 08/10/19
6 inch king cobra
Handguns? Hmmm...this would work.
Bob

S&W 27-2 5"
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by RGK
Handguns? Hmmm...this would work.
Bob

S&W 27-2 5"
[Linked Image]

Beautiful! Good on the nightstand, hard to carry concealed. Show us a concealed pick of the litter.
[quote=RGK]Handguns? Hmmm...this would work.
Bob

S&W 27-2 5"
[Linked Image]

Beautiful! Good on the nightstand, hard to carry concealed. Show us a concealed pick of the litter.

OK. One of these would do.
Bob

[Linked Image]
Show us a concealed pick of the litter.

My S&W Model 442 Airweight would work.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice stocks.
Bob
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: What if they ban... - 08/10/19
Already got a 4" barrel Ruger Security Six .357 and an 870 Wingmaster with an 18" cylinder bore.

Main difference is that when I blow away the home intruder I'd have to quip something 1970ish, like "Let's boogie, muthaf*cker. Can you dig it?"
Posted By: Esox357 Re: What if they ban... - 08/10/19
If people were dumb enough to comply with a ban??
Originally Posted by RGK

[Linked Image]

Nice stocks.
Bob

Thanks. Sweet trigger, too.
Posted By: gunzo Re: What if they ban... - 08/10/19
Some folks insist on training their butt off with one or two platforms. They can get really good with them that way, but are inviting failure if or when they're forced out of their element.

If I can take pride in a type or types of firearm proficiency, I take pride in the fact that I handle & shoot all with a reasonable/acceptable amount of skill. With that, the thought of being without a certain platform usually doesn't enter my thoughts.

See a person with a worn 870 & a model 19 Smith & they very well could be a way bigger force than someone with snail drummed AR & a Glock. Knowing this only adds to the frustration I feel whenever some stupid-assed gun grabber spouts off with some silly crap about certain firearms.
Posted By: bfrshooter Re: What if they ban... - 08/10/19
There will never be a civil war. Our military and police swore to uphold the Constitution. But once guns are banned shootings will increase because law abiding will have no protections. No harm to democrats since security we pay for will increase for their butts.
Every single mass shooting has been done in gun free zones by left wing or religious, racist, nut cases. Now they want Red Flag stuff. It might work but a true nut will not post his intensions. You will never read anyone's mind.
Let us go back to the old days when a little girl was lost and a guy stopped to help to take her home.
Political hatred has caused all this junk. Democrats are funny as I have a neighbor that loves guns and he hates republicans so he votes to get his guns taken. I listened to a democrat once with promises so I voted for her. BIG lie. She got rich and never, ever did anything for the people. Now they want better background checks. How would they do it? I am military and sworn to the people and country but have said criminals should be punished so does that make me a threat? All you need to do is sneeze to be on the list. Trump is caving and we need better. But I will still vote for him if no better shows up. If I was the president and you were black in a bad place, I would issue a gun and training.
Cut to the chase, if you are a democrat, you should not own a gun.
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: What if they ban... - 08/10/19
I believe we could mount a spirited defense, without resorting to the semiautos.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bfrshooter Re: What if they ban... - 08/10/19
Think about it for a second. If democrats ruled and the military followed to take guns against the Constitution. We face the full power.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: What if they ban... - 08/10/19
If any party gets enough power to ban semiautos, I wouldn't worry about being able to conceal carry anymore. That will happen at the same time.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I believe we could mount a spirited defense, without resorting to the semiautos.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Very nice! Thank you for understanding the spirit of the threads intention.
Posted By: johnw Re: What if they ban... - 08/10/19

Visualize an iceberg.
Posted By: viking Re: What if they ban... - 08/10/19
Originally Posted by johnw

Visualize an iceberg.

LOL.
Posted By: RGK Re: What if they ban... - 08/11/19
Going retro, I think I could hang.
Bob

3" 10-8
[Linked Image]

5" 10-5
[Linked Image]

Springfield 03A1 and an M70
[Linked Image]
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: What if they ban... - 08/11/19
As you know GC.....I already banned semi auto's from my home defense plan.

4" model 67 in the night stand and 2" model 636 in the console.

I feel pretty safe but then I live in the woods at the end of the road.

Worst comes to worst.....like Joe Biden....I also have a double barreled shotgun.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: What if they ban... - 08/11/19
The object of gun control is total disarmament.
Posted By: LJBass Re: What if they ban... - 08/11/19
I'ld really like to snatch up a S&W 627 PC. But with the size of the N-frame cylinder, I wouldn't carry it and it would be a range queen. Not that I'm opposed to range queens. Just shouldn't dump the money right now. Seems like a good option though for what you are talking about.
Posted By: MOGC Re: What if they ban... - 08/11/19
Originally Posted by LJBass
I'ld really like to snatch up a S&W 627 PC. But with the size of the N-frame cylinder, I wouldn't carry it and it would be a range queen. Not that I'm opposed to range queens. Just shouldn't dump the money right now. Seems like a good option though for what you are talking about.

Be a good nightstand and woods bumming gun.
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
As you know GC.....I already banned semi auto's from my home defense plan.

4" model 67 in the night stand and 2" model 636 in the console.

I feel pretty safe but then I live in the woods at the end of the road.

Worst comes to worst.....like Joe Biden....I also have a double barreled shotgun.

You are doing ok then Charlie!
Posted By: EdM Re: What if they ban... - 08/11/19
Maybe my M12-3 will work.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dodgefan Re: What if they ban... - 08/11/19
I only have one revolver and its a 7 1/2 inch barreled 44 mag. I don't own a shotgun so I'd probably have to make do with a K31 as my HD long gun.

I'd probably end up picking up a 4 inch 44 mag revolver and a matching lever action.
Originally Posted by EdM

[Linked Image]

Nice and light, but kind of a long barrel for concealed carry.
Originally Posted by EdM

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by dodgefan
I only have one revolver and its a 7 1/2 inch barreled 44 mag. I don't own a shotgun so I'd probably have to make do with a K31 as my HD long gun.

I'd probably end up picking up a 4 inch 44 mag revolver and a matching lever action.

A pistol and rifle combination using the same cartridge made a lot of sense in the Old West. Not a terrible idea nowadays.

That Model 12 is a neat gun!
Posted By: dodgefan Re: What if they ban... - 08/11/19
[Linked Image]

I'd have one of these mounted on the K31 too.
Well of course!
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: What if they ban... - 08/11/19
I do not have a collection like some of you folks, but I have enough to keep the kids and grandkids entertained. Among the bunch is one semiauto, a recently acquired Ruger 10-22 just for the kids to play with.

But I have lever actions in handgun cartridges, (19'th century assault rifles), and revolvers in SA and DA in the same cartridges, I have pump actions in 20 ga, 12 ga, 30-06, and 22LR. And there are several bolt rifles capable of 500 yd shots or further.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: What if they ban... - 08/12/19
What if they ban all semi auto firearms. Handgun, rifles and shotguns. If you were forced to defend yourself, family and homestead right now without a semi auto do you have any capable non-semi auto firearms to turn to?
870 Remingtons in 410 and 12 Ga. Probably will add a 20 Ga. one of these days. Weatherby in 257 Roy to reach out and touch someone as well as a Mauser in 308 for easily available ammo. Marlin 30-30 with scope...Winchester '94 in same without scope. 25-35 '94 for the wifey. Other levers in pistol or Buffalo calibers. Double action revolvers in calibers from 45 Colt to 38 Spec.
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: What if they ban... - 08/12/19
How about a goose gun in 10 gauge for the drones. That's gonna be their first knock on the door.
Posted By: devnull Re: What if they ban... - 08/12/19

You've asked this question on several different boards. Instead of asking what ifs, we should all be out there contacting our congressmen.
Posted By: Redneck Re: What if they ban... - 08/12/19
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Banning & getting are two different things.
Damn straight... Eff them..
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: What if they ban... - 08/12/19
One shot, one kill. Whats the difference. A single shot .22 can negate a machine gun in the right hands under the right conditions. Learn to shoot what you got.
Posted By: FreeMe Re: What if they ban... - 08/12/19

Sure. I modernized, but I never gave up my revolvers, pumps, and levers. And I still practice with them. I believe in having options for all contingencies.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: What if they ban... - 08/12/19
Originally Posted by EdM

[Linked Image]

Beautiful representation of a tapered 12-3, Ed. That baby looks like brand new.
Posted By: lastround Re: What if they ban... - 08/12/19
I can see hoarding getting started again.......... gonna be good for business at the LGS.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: What if they ban... - 08/12/19
[Linked Image]

try and find the engineers version with the sawback on the top, really wicked.
the K31 by the way, saw it in some german magazines was fitted with optics and exported to south america as a sniper rifle.
mine with a cheap azz scope will do under 1moa all day long.
Posted By: dodgefan Re: What if they ban... - 08/12/19
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
[Linked Image]

try and find the engineers version with the sawback on the top, really wicked.
the K31 by the way, saw it in some german magazines was fitted with optics and exported to south america as a sniper rifle.
mine with a cheap azz scope will do under 1moa all day long.

I have a heck of time getting a good cheek weld on mine. I shoot a 1903 and a Lee Enfield much better.

I need to pick up some stripper clips for it too, but since I've only shot it a handful of times I haven't placed much priority on it.
Posted By: 65BR Re: What if they ban... - 08/12/19
I'm pretty good with my sling shot smile
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: What if they ban... - 08/13/19
Not a problem

Just learn to shoot like this kid

Mike
© 24hourcampfire