Home
Called a knuckle duster revolver because, once empty, the gun was designed to be turned around in the hand and used like brass knuckles. The maker called them "My Friend," and that's how they are marked. They were very popular in the .22 Short chambering (as shown below).

One like this was featured in The Quick And The Dead, being held by Sharon Stone in preparation for shooting Gene Hackman from under the dinner table.

[Linked Image from cdn2.bigcommerce.com]
Yep!

Something like that might go over pretty well nowdays!

Virgil B.
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
Yep!

Something like that might go over pretty well nowdays!

Virgil B.

They could upgrade it to .22 Magnum. Back then, .22 Short (then just called .22 Rimfire) was the most powerful rimfire .22 there was.
Marketing slogan: "When it doesn't work as intended, you can use it as an impact weapon."
Looks like an “Apache Revolver”, so called after “Les Apaches”; criminal street thugs en Paree....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_revolver
I'll keep my LCP, thank you
Unless it would be chambered for the "THE MIRACLE" also known as the 9MM what good would it be?
What are they worth I wonder.
Originally Posted by glockdoofus
Unless it would be chambered for the "THE MIRACLE" also known as the 9MM what good would it be?

There’s something seriously wrong with you.
Originally Posted by Mike_S
What are they worth I wonder.

They were very popular once, and many thousands were made, particularly in .22 Short. I bet you could get a good example of one for under a thousand dollars.
But it isnt a 9MM. If it isnt a 9MM it isnt any good. Why would someone not want a fashionably fashionable cailber?
9MM is where its at.
I always thought the name "knuckle duster" came from the fact that it was firing basically at the edge of your knuckles thereby "dusting" them
Originally Posted by pacecars
I always thought the name "knuckle duster" came from the fact that it was firing basically at the edge of your knuckles thereby "dusting" them

Makes sense.
© 24hourcampfire