Home
Posted By: Cariboujack Shooting Timer - 01/06/20
With the various shooting games that get talked about, I'm sure many of you use timers. What timers do you use, and why. What do you recommend? What kind of price is reasonable to get a descent one? Where is a good place to buy one?
Posted By: RJM Re: Shooting Timer - 01/06/20
I've had a Competition Electronics for a good 20 years and it still is running fine...
Posted By: RyanTX Re: Shooting Timer - 01/06/20
I've got a PACT Club Shot Timer and it works well for centerfire. But, it doesn't work as well with .22LR, especially from a rifle. Our club uses Competition Electronics Pocket Pro 2's and they work very well and have sensitivity adjustments and will easily pick up the 22's. They are kinda bulky, but work great. We also use CED 7000's. They are small and handy and work very well.
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: Shooting Timer - 01/06/20
I’d get this, from here.

https://benstoegerproshop.com/competition-electronics-pocket-pro-2-shot-timer/
Posted By: dla Re: Shooting Timer - 01/06/20
Avoid the timer apps for your phone - very awkward to use solo. Work fine if you have a place to set your phone.
Posted By: Waders Re: Shooting Timer - 01/06/20
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

I bought the Pocket Pro II on Bluedreaux's recommendation. It's easy to use, picks up all my shots, is intuitive to use, and generally all I need it to be.

I shoot indoors almost exclusively and needed a lighted display--I can't comment on other models, but this one excels in less-than-perfect light.
Posted By: avonac Re: Shooting Timer - 01/06/20
CE pocket pro is probably the best answer. The CED 7000 is nice and a little louder, but it’s rechargeable and the battery seems to go fast on mine.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Shooting Timer - 01/06/20
That's what I went with.
© 24hourcampfire