Home
Posted By: RipSnort SIG P210 Carry ??? - 01/25/20
I see that SIG announced the new P210 Carry pistol at SHOT Show. Any interest?

RS
Posted By: RufusG Re: SIG P210 Carry ??? - 01/25/20
A crazy expensive single stack full-size carry gun? What's not to like? Oh wait, just noticed it's not 1950.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: SIG P210 Carry ??? - 01/25/20
So what? It's not 1911 anymore either.

I am interested.

<> https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2020/1/23/shot-show-2020-sig-sauer-p210-carry/ <>

(Play Video)
Posted By: SargeMO Re: SIG P210 Carry ??? - 01/25/20
I shot a P210 decades ago and loved it; scary accurate and real easy to shoot well. But it was big as a 1911 and I already had one of those. I suppose the new 'carry' model loosely correlates to a Lightweight Commander version of this later P210. It lacks appeal across the broad spectrum of carry guns, but the few who want it will want it bad enough to pay the fare.
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: SIG P210 Carry ??? - 01/25/20
Originally Posted by RufusG
A crazy expensive single stack full-size carry gun? What's not to like? Oh wait, just noticed it's not 1950.

If you ever shot a 210, you'd understand. I got to shoot one about 30 years ago, pure sweet shooting.
Posted By: RufusG Re: SIG P210 Carry ??? - 01/25/20
I predict this item will remain completely misunderstood.

Had a Smith 52-2 back in the day. Can't imagine a 210 could be much better if at all. Doesn't mean I ever considered carrying it.
Posted By: RJM Re: SIG P210 Carry ??? - 01/25/20
Had not seen one of the new 210s in person until last month. Saw both the fixed and adjustable sight models and told my dealer to get a price on the fixed sight one... Just saw the new Carry model the other day and now will have to take a look at them before deciding...

But yes, I'm interested...only wish it was a 9 or 10 round magazine instead of 8...just used to having 10 rounds in my Commander, another outdated, over sized single stack gun...

Bob
Posted By: GunGeek Re: SIG P210 Carry ??? - 01/26/20
Originally Posted by RipSnort
I see that SIG announced the new P210 Carry pistol at SHOT Show. Any interest?

RS

If that's your thing.

If I lived in a large city with normal large city crime, I would carry nothing but a hi-cap tupperware gun. For those who live in more rural areas...carry what light's your fire.

Oh, forgot to mention... That 210 is hideous!
Originally Posted by RufusG

LOL. grin
Originally Posted by SargeMO
I shot a P210 decades ago and loved it; scary accurate and real easy to shoot well. But it was big as a 1911 and I already had one of those. I suppose the new 'carry' model loosely correlates to a Lightweight Commander version of this later P210. It lacks appeal across the broad spectrum of carry guns, but the few who want it will want it bad enough to pay the fare.

Back in the early 1990s, when I was working at a gun shop, we had a shipment come in of retired police Sig P210s. I fooled around with a few of them, and they seemed really nice. I think we were selling them for like $400.00 each. I was close to getting one, but kept asking myself what its mission would be, and I couldn't think of one, so never bought it. Back then, every gun I bought had to have a mission. Oh well.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: SIG P210 Carry ??? - 01/26/20
same, supposed to be accurate but 8 shots at $900 forget it, get a 229 instead
Posted By: gzig5 Re: SIG P210 Carry ??? - 01/27/20
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Back in the early 1990s, when I was working at a gun shop, we had a shipment come in of retired police Sig P210s. I fooled around with a few of them, and they seemed really nice. I think we were selling them for like $400.00 each. I was close to getting one, but kept asking myself what its mission would be, and I couldn't think of one, so never bought it. Back then, every gun I bought had to have a mission. Oh well.

What US police dept was issuing P210's and when? I've rarely seen one outside of Switzerland and when I have the original ones are $3000+. I don't think anyone was selling a pile of them for $400. You must have your models mixed up. The P210 is the Swiss army issue pistol from about 1950-1975. It was replaced by the P220. I got to shoot a couple of them when I lived in Switzerland and they are very accurate. Love to have one but a bit too spendy until I win the Lotto.
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: SIG P210 Carry ??? - 01/28/20
Originally Posted by gzig5

What US police dept was issuing P210's and when? I've rarely seen one outside of Switzerland and when I have the original ones are $3000+. I don't think anyone was selling a pile of them for $400. You must have your models mixed up. The P210 is the Swiss army issue pistol from about 1950-1975. It was replaced by the P220. I got to shoot a couple of them when I lived in Switzerland and they are very accurate. Love to have one but a bit too spendy until I win the Lotto.

I took his post to mean SWISS police guns, not US police trade-ins. Unless I read it wrongly.
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

I took his post to mean SWISS police guns, not US police trade-ins. Unless I read it wrongly.

Of course. One would have to try to misunderstand me to think I was referring to US police departments.

PS I decided I didn't need a single stack, single action, all steel, 9mm, the size and weight of a 1911. Cool guns, though. Very well made.

They looked like this.

[Linked Image from gunsamerica.com]
A similar thing happened when we got a shipment of Victory Model S&W Model 10s. I think the price for them was even lower. Again, I came close to picking one up, and didn't. Another decision I later regretted.
Posted By: gzig5 Re: SIG P210 Carry ??? - 01/29/20
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

Of course. One would have to try to misunderstand me to think I was referring to US police departments.

PS I decided I didn't need a single stack, single action, all steel, 9mm, the size and weight of a 1911. Cool guns, though. Very well made.

They looked like this.

[Linked Image from gunsamerica.com]

I didn't try to mis-understand anything. Not that I don't believe you, but I've never seen a Swiss SIG p210 for under $1200 anywhere, including living in Switzerland in the early 90's. The suggestion that a a pile of them showed up for $400 a piece is hard to swallow.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: SIG P210 Carry ??? - 01/29/20
I like my outmoded, single stack, old design Sig P220 at 8 round magazine capacity. I carry one in the chamber and two 10 round mags of 45 ACP. I shot a buddies' 220 at an IDPA match about 20 years ago and loved it. So I got one recently when I had a chance to buy one. Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Posted By: RJM Re: SIG P210 Carry ??? - 01/30/20
gzig...don't know how old you are but I was a gun dealer from 1979 to 1990 and there were lots of used SIG P210s on the market back then for cheap money...like $300-500.

You know what a Lahti is...9mm Finnish service pistol...people would just about pay you to take them...now they are $1-2K for a decent one...

Those prices did exist....

A friend of a friend had a HUGE collection of 210s...some guns way over $5K... Asked my friend about him the other day and found out that he had died and most of his collection was sold off.... Fell down the basement steps and hit his head...

Bob
Originally Posted by gzig5

I didn't try to mis-understand anything. Not that I don't believe you, but I've never seen a Swiss SIG p210 for under $1200 anywhere, including living in Switzerland in the early 90's. The suggestion that a a pile of them showed up for $400 a piece is hard to swallow.

There was a very short period when a lot came into the US as surplus when the Swiss police were dumping their reserve supply of retired police pistols. Agencies of state often will not consider what collector prices are. They often just want to get rid of them, and often at very low prices. They did indeed come in at low prices for that short period, and the market was temporarily flooded with them, so prices were excellent, right around $400.00 at the store where I worked.
Originally Posted by RJM
gzig...don't know how old you are but I was a gun dealer from 1979 to 1990 and there were lots of used SIG P210s on the market back then for cheap money...like $300-500.

Bob

Thanks, Bob.
Posted By: gzig5 Re: SIG P210 Carry ??? - 01/31/20
Originally Posted by RJM

You know what a Lahti is...9mm Finnish service pistol...people would just about pay you to take them...now they are $1-2K for a decent one...

Those prices did exist....

Bob

Well I guess it would be helpful to know what time period it was. I assumed something more recent.

I've paid $0.65 a gallon for gas in my lifetime but that tidbit is useless unless it is time bound.

carry on.
I think I was clear about the time period.
© 24hourcampfire