Home
Is that the guy that used to do the sham-wow?
Colt should have re-released the Ruger Security Six.
He would look better with his ear rings installed.
Glad I kept my old one...……:-)
They should have took some responsibility instead of mostly excuses. It seemed untrustworthy.
someone said Charter Arms is making the gun?
Originally Posted by jimmyp

Can you say gullible?
I was very disappointed in the new revolver, having handled and closely examined three of them recently.

The icing on the cake for me is the lack of checkering on the hammer spur - just horizontal lines. My thumb didn’t slip, but
It sure looks cheesy.
That guy used to work for Leupold,
That's the best that they can do for a spokesman? What a tool...
Typical Colt product
Originally Posted by jwp475

Can you say gullible?

Can you say "you missed the sarcasm"?
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by jwp475

Can you say gullible?

Can you say "you missed the sarcasm"?

Can you
Well, at least they're admitting they have problems and addressing them. Not to mention, they're accepting them back for repair. A lot of vendors aren't even doing that these days.
Being able to see the mechanism explains a lot more.

I still maintain the hammer nose are either unfinished or still too long, causing the light strikes. Pin protrusion...

The hand not cycling is from the insistence of using the old rebound lever/single spring design with a better rounded DA pull at the cost of a positive trigger return, especially if its not allowed to fully re-set, which appears even exacerbated over the old model.
It isnt going to impress Mikulek.
I dont see a fix for that, unless spring weights are increased, but the limit is in the old style design.The side plate "specs" seem a bit hokey.
What I don't care for is the crappy rear sight. Could be better on a premier revolver.
Bob
Originally Posted by GF1
I was very disappointed in the new revolver, having handled and closely examined three of them recently.

The icing on the cake for me is the lack of checkering on the hammer spur - just horizontal lines. My thumb didn’t slip, but
It sure looks cheesy.

Did the originals have checkered hammer spurs?
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Originally Posted by GF1

It sure looks cheesy.

Yes. They cut costs on that with the new ones.

An original Python hammer.

[Linked Image from customshopinc.com]
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Originally Posted by GF1

It sure looks cheesy.

Yes. They cut costs on that with the new ones.

An original Python hammer.

[Linked Image from customshopinc.com]

That saved $20.00
Useful video.
I figured they'd sh1t the bed again... Hoping against it, but knowing their track record it was too easy, but I did always want to own a NEW Python. I'm not surprised by the 'personality' they used to explain their inadequacies, it seems they are identical.
Video guy needs a flat brimmed hat.
Tough crowd
Let’s see, double-action revolver...pretty mature design concept, companies (including Colt) have been making them to function pretty much flawlessly for well over 100 years, yet, in the age of solid- modeling software and CNC machining, the “original” revolver company resurrects a legacy design, tries to improve it, sells it for twice what a good, solid functional DA revolver from one of their competitors can be had for, and has to post a video explaining why it doesn’t work. What’s wrong with this picture?
Originally Posted by cra1948
Let’s see, double-action revolver...pretty mature design concept, companies (including Colt) have been making them to function pretty much flawlessly for well over 100 years, yet, in the age of solid- modeling software and CNC machining, the “original” revolver company resurrects a legacy design, tries to improve it, sells it for twice what a good, solid functional DA revolver from one of their competitors can be had for, and has to post a video explaining why it doesn’t work. What’s wrong with this picture?
That seems to be a pretty solid explanation.
This latest video is quite a turnaround from their SHOT show video where the Colt guy said that they had only two guns returned with claimed mechanical defects and Colt couldn't replicate the problem.

(I also read where a blogger said the Python he shot on range day started acting up (cylinder not rotating) after 7 shots--and he was shooting Colt National Match ammo provided by Colt.)
I'm encouraged. Hopefully a little screw tightening and some Loctite solves the rotation issue.
It's 2020 has Colt heard about coil springs yet?
© 24hourcampfire