Home
Posted By: Shag Night sights - 06/08/20
Whats your go to (BRAND) Night Sights for a semi auto Pistol. Color included. I have a Glock 48 I'd like to add these to.

Thanks again folks

Chuck
Posted By: Gooch_McGrundle Re: Night sights - 06/08/20
I just put Ameriglo Spartan sights on my G48. The rear has tritium vials, but no surrounding dots. I prefer this because they go away during the daytime. Front is a large orange dot with tritium vial in the center.
Posted By: RJM Re: Night sights - 06/08/20
Have the TruGlo TFO on G19 a yellow rear/green front. Green/Green on a G40 and G35...could not be happier. The dots glow brightly day or night....

Put a set of the TFX on a Colt Commander and it made a big difference in getting on the longer range IDPA indoor shoots I do during the winter...

Bob
Posted By: TWR Re: Night sights - 06/08/20
Trijicon HD XR orange in color.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Night sights - 06/08/20
Originally Posted by Shag
Whats your go to (BRAND) Night Sights for a semi auto Pistol. Color included. I have a Glock 48 I'd like to add these to.

Thanks again folks

Chuck

AmeriGlo and Trijicon are what I prefer. I like the orange front sight.
Posted By: SargeMO Re: Night sights - 06/08/20
I replaced the front sight on my P229 with Ameriglo .230 high night sight, which has a substantial ring around the tritium element. These are great front sights and I can't recommend them highly enough. The post is a conventional square top front sight, best for precise shooting at distance. The bright white ring around element draws your eye in daylight and the night aspect of the sights is quite bright compared to others I've tried. They are usable in all weather conditions except maybe a blizzard.

Rear sight is a #7 Von Stavenhagen. Here’s what they look like on the pistol, with the front sight held above the notch for illustration purposes.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: RickyD Re: Night sights - 06/08/20
Originally Posted by RJM
Have the TruGlo TFO on G19 a yellow rear/green front. Green/Green on a G40 and G35...could not be happier. The dots glow brightly day or night....

Put a set of the TFX on a Colt Commander and it made a big difference in getting on the longer range IDPA indoor shoots I do during the winter...

Bob

I like the TruGlo TFO's too,
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Night sights - 06/09/20
Night Fision.
Posted By: Marbles Re: Night sights - 07/01/20
Heinie Straight Eights. I find the two dot set up to be easier and faster than a three dot.
Posted By: MallardAddict Re: Night sights - 07/04/20
Anymore I mostly run a tritium front sight with a white ring for daylight and prefer my rear sight black. I see no advantage to full tritium sets as I have lights on my HD guns and a pocket flashlight when ccw’ing at night so the tritium is mostly useless. I guess one benefit is the gun is easier to find in the dark.

For a strictly ccw gun I always liked the XS big dots. Big tritium element up front with a big U shaped rear cut with a tritium post so sight picture is an “i”
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Night sights - 07/04/20
The original green Trijicons. I tried the HDs but didn't really like them.
© 24hourcampfire