Home
Posted By: RoninPhx glock 23 - 06/13/20
would it be possible to mate a glock 19 upper on a glock 23 lower?
i know you can do this on a 20 and a 21.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: glock 23 - 06/13/20
Yep. Not a problem. I put a 19 upper on my Glock 32 Lower. Which is basically the same as a 23.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: glock 23 - 06/13/20
i was thinking of a complete 19 slide, but it might be just simplier to buy a barrel made to work in a 23 but 9mm.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: glock 23 - 06/13/20
MUCH Cheaper to buy a conversion barrel.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: glock 23 - 06/14/20
i was looking again, at some you tube videos today on glocks. i am waiting for a spring kit per rocky's suggestion to replace some of the internals on the trigger group. but i was watching on the tube what's refered to as a .25cent trigger job, basically buffing some of the parts.
basically to reduce friction and make a smoother pull. anyone done this and results?
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
MUCH Cheaper to buy a conversion barrel.

i think i am eventually going to get another kkm as i have had good luck with them, but a company i found is advertising low end replacement barrels for about 60bucks.
i don't think so
Posted By: night_owl Re: glock 23 - 06/14/20
I don't know, 60 buck conversion barrel might be just fine (for me).
Who's selling it?
Originally Posted by night_owl
Who's selling it?

69bucks
https://rockslideusa.com/product/barrels/
Posted By: night_owl Re: glock 23 - 06/15/20
Thanks, Ron.
Posted By: RJM Re: glock 23 - 06/15/20
Went somewhat the opposite route....

Had a G19/3 with a very nice stock trigger that I found a brand new take-off 23 upper for. Bought a Lone Wolf .357 SIG and a 9mm Conversion barrels. Couple of years later found a brand new G19/3 lower for $109.00 and bought it just to have a second complete gun.

Nice thing is at 35 yards all three barrels will put rounds into the same group with no sight adjustment...

Bob
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: glock 23 - 06/15/20
this is a gen2 model 23. long story but blew it up once with a squib load. new top and it works fine still.
right after buying it a bought a barstow 357sig barrel, and mostly that is what it ran. but also have a kkm 40 barrel for it.
lately i have the kkm 40 barrel in it.
for it's baby brother that was bought as a 357 sig, i have kkm barrels in 357sig, 40, and 9mm.
i have generally carried the baby brother in recent years, but i think i am going back to the mid size, just feels better.
As you probably know, i have an issue with wanting to take guns down to their itty bitty parts to understand the relationships of the parts.
got this one sitting on the desk waiting for a few things to come in. then i think its gonna get polished on it's innerds.
i have heard some predictions by the way lately from a guy that is in the gun business. right or wrong he t hinks they are headed towards a 1000bill. I was surprised checking gunbroker, how much some of them are actuallly listed at.
Thanks, Ron.

i have seen doing google foo some mixed reviews of the company.
Posted By: gunzo Re: glock 23 - 06/15/20
The 25 cent trigger job makes an improvement. Not a lot IMO but noticeable. Just a smoother pull with usually a slight pull weight reduction. Worth what little bit of time it takes & one can become more familiar with guts of the gun.
Posted By: 43Shooter Re: glock 23 - 06/15/20
What gunzo said, "not a lot IMO but noticeable" I tried it right after I got my Glock 19. A year or so later after a little over 2,000 rounds and a lot of dry firing it felt just right. I don't know if it was any lighter from wear or I was used to it and not thinking about it any more.
Originally Posted by 43Shooter
What gunzo said, "not a lot IMO but noticeable" I tried it right after I got my Glock 19. A year or so later after a little over 2,000 rounds and a lot of dry firing it felt just right. I don't know if it was any lighter from wear or I was used to it and not thinking about it any more.

i was looking at the guts of the frame this morning, and you can see where two metal surfaces hit each other in various places. the idea of polishing these areas a little seems to make sense.
i bought this one back in the early 90's and fired it a lot, including blowing it up once.
i would think any benefit it would get from firing is already there.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: glock 23 - 06/16/20
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Who's selling it?

69bucks
https://rockslideusa.com/product/barrels/

Thanks. I didn’t know you could get one this cheap. $90 or so was the cheapest I have ever found.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: glock 23 - 06/16/20
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

Helluva a price if the work.

And, regardless of what anyone says, if you do that conversion, change the extractor.

MM
Posted By: CaptArab Re: glock 23 - 06/16/20
I've bought a several conversation barrels, all cheaper than kkm, Barstow, etc.

Worst was lwd wolf. Horribly shallow throat. None of my reloads that fit in 5 other guns would run.

Bear Creek arsenal actually makes a decent glock barrel. Mine has never malfunctioned and eats all ammo.

My newest is a spinta precision stainless.
Fit and finish is great. Haven't shot it much yet but I expect good things.
Posted By: CaptArab Re: glock 23 - 06/16/20
If you swap the extractor and ejector it'll run as well as a factory gun.

Good enough for carry.

Ignore the "factory only" fudd crowd.
💯 Reliable is good enough for me, regardless of what the slide says.
Posted By: hyvltge Re: glock 23 - 06/16/20
Conversion barrel for sure. I use them a lot and they work just fine.
Posted By: 43Shooter Re: glock 23 - 06/16/20
Considering you've been shooting yours for close to 30 years I'd say you're right. Guess I eventually got used to the trigger on mine. The polishing did make mine a little smoother, sure didn't hurt it.
Posted By: cs2blue Re: glock 23 - 06/21/20
I was able to convert my G22 to G17 with little effort. My wife did not like the recoil impulse of the 40 cal, once I converted it to 9mm she loves it. I was able to find a lone wolf replacement barrel for 70 bucks. Converting from 40 cal to 9mm was easy and worth while in my case. Your mileage may vary!
© 24hourcampfire