Home
Posted By: Uncle_Alvah New to me CZ - 09/17/20
The used CZ 452 I bought off of GunBroker is finally in my hands. I say "finally" because it was exactly one month from payment to pick-up. Courtesy USPS, GB or the seller had nothing to do with it.
First Mannlicher stocked rifle I have owned. I have only plinked a few mags with it so far.
I have never seen an adjustable front sight before on a sporting rifle.
Excellent trigger.
I need to open up the notch on the rear sight a tad. My eyes are not the best and I don't plan to scope this rifle.
Strange "grain" in the buttstock. Not a flaw, but a different character than I have ever seen.
Paid a bit more than I wanted to via BIN, and postal mix-ups cost me another $30 on top of shipping and transfer. These rifles are not that common so I'm not griping, I'm just saying.
Old School leather sling ordered.
Nice, nice gun! Me heap Big Happy-Happy[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: cv540 Re: New to me CZ - 09/17/20
Looks like a fun little rifle.
The grain in the wood is very different looking.

The beagle seems unimpressed with it.
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: New to me CZ - 09/17/20
I predict much fun will be had with that one.

If you change your mind, you'll need 11mm rings to fit that dovetail on top. Burris, Warne, and others make suitable rings for them.
Posted By: Uncle_Alvah Re: New to me CZ - 09/17/20
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I predict much fun will be had with that one.

If you change your mind, you'll need 11mm rings to fit that dovetail on top. Burris, Warne, and others make suitable rings for them.

I will probably put a scope on it just to see what it really can do. My 67 year old eye with the irons would never bring that out. I have a couple scopes around so rings would be the only expense.
Posted By: benchman Re: New to me CZ - 09/17/20
Just took my 452 American out to the range, figuring I'd sight it in with golden bullets, because I had a lot of them. Darned if it didn't like them! One hole at 25, about 3/8" at 50, 1 1/4 or so at 100. Pleasant surprise. Darn things shoot pretty good.
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: New to me CZ - 09/17/20
Originally Posted by benchman
Just took my 452 American out to the range, figuring I'd sight it in with golden bullets, because I had a lot of them. Darned if it didn't like them! One hole at 25, about 3/8" at 50, 1 1/4 or so at 100. Pleasant surprise. Darn things shoot pretty good.

Surprisingly, my 452 American likes them, too, but not enough to buy any more of them. Around here, they seem to be "premium priced", too. That's a bit rich.
Posted By: Uncle_Alvah Re: New to me CZ - 09/18/20
Originally Posted by cv540

The beagle seems unimpressed with it.

Difficult to impress a beagle with anything not directly connected to a treat....
Posted By: 22250rem Re: New to me CZ - 09/30/20
This web site needs one of those "Like" buttons...... That's a beauty. When the 455's were still in production a few years ago they had a 455 in that configuration. I tried to order one to go with my 455 laminated thumbhole varmint model but they were discontinued. The 457 series doesn't offer it so now if I want one I'll be looking at the used market also.
Posted By: deflave Re: New to me CZ - 10/01/20
Uncle Avah,

That's a sweetheart.

Great purchase.
Posted By: OldRooster Re: New to me CZ - 10/07/20
Nice! I’m in love with my CZs. Every one is an excellent shooter.
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: New to me CZ - 10/07/20
Rather than opening the rear sight,you could just remove it and install a Williams peep on the rear receiver rail. There might even be replaceable leafs for that rear sight. I would ask the CZ guys at www.rimfirecentral.com
Posted By: 5shot Re: New to me CZ - 10/08/20
CZUSA has all of the different front and rear inserts.
© 24hourcampfire