Home
I have an old 10/22 metal trigger assembly. I think I read that the Kidd kit was designed for the polymer trigger assemblies.

Are their any recommendations and/or a place to send it to get worked over. Thank you
Brimstone

http://brimstonegunsmithing.com/ruger-10-22/

I didn’t know that the Kidd was limited to the plastic units.
I like Connecticut Precision Chambering (CPC)

www.ct-precision.com

I've had Randy do the full tune on 3 10/22s and recommend that anyone doing their first 10/22 upgrade just send their barreled action to him instead of changing a bit here and bit there until you've spent as much, or more, for parts than you would have paid Randy for his holistic turn up where the parts work together in harmony to produce the best accuracy.
Never heard a negative about Brimstone's or CPC's work and they've been around a long time. If you want to try it yourself I got a decent triigger pull by changing out the original hammer for a Volquartzen Target hammer. I doubt if it's as good a trigger as what Brimstone or CPC does but it's a lot better than my factory trigger was for around $45 delivered. It wasn't hard to do as there's plenty of you tube videos on it and you don't have to pay to ship off your trigger group and be without it for a while.
Thanks all.
Originally Posted by 43Shooter
Never heard a negative about Brimstone's or CPC's work and they've been around a long time. If you want to try it yourself I got a decent triigger pull by changing out the original hammer for a Volquartzen Target hammer. I doubt if it's as good a trigger as what Brimstone or CPC does but it's a lot better than my factory trigger was for around $45 delivered. It wasn't hard to do as there's plenty of you tube videos on it and you don't have to pay to ship off your trigger group and be without it for a while.

I have been pleased with this route as well.
I’ve got a Brimstone tier II, love it, can’t speak highly enough of it. Any new 10/22 I buy will get the same treatment. Only problem with my current unit is that it’s too light, and crisp, disqualifying my rifle from CMP sporter competition. If I want to shoot a match with that rifle, I’d have to send them another trigger to be set at > 3.0 lbs.
I had the same issue with an older 10/22 target. I ended up just buying a plastic trigger housing and using the Kidd trigger kit. I also sent the barrel and bolt to CPC to have the chamber recut and the bolt trued. The rifle shoots very well now.
Most folks don't have issues with the kidd trigger kit in the metal housing. They just don't recommend it. Worst case scenario, pick up polymer and install it in it. I just put the kidd kit in a polymer housing, its slightly better than my brimstone tier ii. I just sent another polymer to brimstone for the cheaper tier 3 work over, curious how it compares to the bx which I have a couple of.
I got a Power Custom kit from Brownells for mine a few years ago. Nice upgrade and easy to install, think it was around $60, but it's been a few years.
I’m curious how the plastic trigger housing is better than the aluminum earlier version?

DF
Brimstone says they're "more precisely made, smoother and more durable". Don't know about the durable part as I've got an earlier version that's still working fine after 40 years use and the plastic groups haven't been around near that long. That said, a lot of 10-22 owners think Brimstone knows what they're doing.
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
I got a Power Custom kit from Brownells for mine a few years ago. Nice upgrade and easy to install, think it was around $60, but it's been a few years.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by BtailHunter
I have an old 10/22 metal trigger assembly. I think I read that the Kidd kit was designed for the polymer trigger assemblies.

Are their any recommendations and/or a place to send it to get worked over. Thank you

I installed several of the Kidd kits in my TI cnc milled housings.
© 24hourcampfire