Home
Posted By: RickcNY TCR22 ? - 01/17/21
What’s everybody’s thoughts on this TCR 22? Accurate? Dependable? Ballpark price range?
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: TCR22 ? - 01/17/21
My thought is that I’d buy a real one instead of a clone, unless I was going to pony up for a Kidd or Volquartson.
Posted By: RickcNY Re: TCR22 ? - 01/17/21
I am sorry I just heard the model what are they a clone of? A 1022?
Posted By: 24HourCampFireGuy50 Re: TCR22 ? - 01/17/21
Originally Posted by RickcNY
I am sorry I just heard the model what are they a clone of? A 1022?

The T/CR22 is based on the 10/22 with changes. The receiver is machined with an integrated rail. No barrel alignment issues. The magazine integrates a last shot hold open. The barrel is threaded for a break/suppressor. The sights are quick to acquire. The rifle is accurate for plinking or hunting.

Ballpark pricing has been $300 for the current kit package.l
Posted By: JustLucky Re: TCR22 ? - 01/18/21
With what T/C is building now, the TCR, I think you should just buy a 10/22 synthetic with the laser.

Thompson used to make a really accurate 22, the R55. It is no longer produced and Thompson no longer acknowledges this line. I have one of them and it is super accurate. I had to go out and find more magazines to make sure I never run out.

If history stays the same, Thompson will drop the TCR also.

Buy the Ruger 10/22.
Posted By: MadDog4298 Re: TCR22 ? - 01/18/21
Speaking of TC dropping something. I bought a 22 Classic and loved the gun but the magazine was made out of some kind of plastic that would break into several pieces. They send me a couple magazines then one day I called them up needing a magazine and they said they no longer make the gun and won’t support the magazines anymore and are never going to make anymore. They recommended I look online and pay whatever I could find them for, who needs a gun like that so I sold it and vowed to never buy anything TC. Ruger is a much better company IMO.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: TCR22 ? - 01/18/21
Originally Posted by MadDog4298
Speaking of TC dropping something. I bought a 22 Classic and loved the gun but the magazine was made out of some kind of plastic that would break into several pieces. They send me a couple magazines then one day I called them up needing a magazine and they said they no longer make the gun and won’t support the magazines anymore and are never going to make anymore. They recommended I look online and pay whatever I could find them for, who needs a gun like that so I sold it and vowed to never buy anything TC. Ruger is a much better company IMO.

Yeah that sucks about TC. I'd never buy one either. If I were going to buy a 10-22 clone, it would be the Bergara BXR. You'll get a much better rifle (for the money), with better stock, barrel and better precision and accuracy.
Posted By: EdM Re: TCR22 ? - 01/18/21
There are a number of firearms that Ruger no longer supports.
Posted By: MOGC Re: TCR22 ? - 01/18/21
I had a T/C Classic and the magazine was a 5 round steel magazine.
Posted By: 24HourCampFireGuy50 Re: TCR22 ? - 01/18/21
The T/CR22 can use Ruger 10/22 magazines without modifications. The last shot hold open only works with T/C magazines.
Posted By: killerv Re: TCR22 ? - 01/19/21
I had one but with a red dot for plinking, never tried to see just how accurate it was. I hated the factory mag, it was a bear to remove. I eventually sent it down the road. Great feeling rifle though, really loved the stock. I wouldn't pay up for one but I have seen them for sale around 300 with the case and red dot, I think there is a lot of value you there.
Posted By: JustLucky Re: TCR22 ? - 01/20/21
I got 5 magazines with my t/c classic. 3 new. I should be good.
Posted By: MOGC Re: TCR22 ? - 01/20/21
Originally Posted by JustLucky
I got 5 magazines with my t/c classic. 3 new. I should be good.

Are those steel?
Posted By: JustLucky Re: TCR22 ? - 01/20/21
Yes. Some kind of metal.
© 24hourcampfire