Home
A friend showed me his CZ 452 .22-lr, 'Trainer' with the 'Schnable' fore-end on stock.
The rifle is in excellent condition. I already have a 452 just as nice with the full stock

Friend is interested in selling and neither of us has any idea as to value or 'price'.
My grandson just tuned 11 and I'm thinking of getting it for him.

Any $$$ guesses - appreciated.
I paid about $325 for mine, IIRC. That was some years (8-10) back though.

Folks seem to love the 452's and with them no longer being produced, I bet $450ish wouldn't be far off with some going higher on gunbroker.
I sold one for 350 fairly quickly, so i assume a tad underpriced. 400-450ish. My lgs has one for sale at 550 and no bites
The trainers had beech stocks instead of walnut, still pretty nice tho. I'd say 400-450 as well. If it actually happens to be walnut, then it's a Lux model.
$400.00 used
Prices on ANY 452s right now are flat-out ridiculous, even on Trainers. I've seen them for as much as $800 on a Trainer, and more for the Americans (depending on the wood). I think anything under $600 right now, is probably about right in this market. If things settle down a bit, maybe 500 isn't out of line.

I've been snapping up 455s whenever I find them at $400 or less. The 455s can be awfully good, too. I've rounded up a half-dozen of them, no complaints about them, either.
I have a 452 Trainer. If I could sell it for $400 to a friend, it would be his. A stranger, $450.
Start at $475-$500, you can always go down. Really depends on how quick you want to get rid of it. $400 should sell it quickly.
I think I have seen them around the $400 mark but did not like the stock so I passed. I had a 452 American that shot very well but after I got a Remington 541T the CZ just sat so I sold it.
I apid 375 for a 455 two years back. I have no idea of the difference between the 455 and 452 trainers.
4-500 lgs just had one for $499 it lasted a day
Thanks All - For all the input. I bought the CZ 452 'Trainer' rifle for $500.
I'm happy. and so is my friend, the seller.

We had both seen the fewer high prices of $800+ on line - But he figured,
That's not really here or there, as far as he's concerned.

I was tempted to buy a new CZ 457 Trainer for less money - But this old 452.is 'like-new'.
I have one I bought when they came out that I picked up for $200.00 new in the box...

Its got well over 30,000 rounds down the barrel and accuracy is still excellent, even with Federal 325 and 550 Bulk ammo from Walmart.

I wouldn't sell mine for any amount of money.. around here you won't ever see one on the shelf, used and for sale...

Even if I tripped over a new in the Box Rem 541 T, I still wouldn't sell the CZ.. its shot a lot of sage rats and squirrels, head shots to 125 yds...
its more accurate than its owner can shoot.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I paid about $325 for mine, IIRC. That was some years (8-10) back though.

Folks seem to love the 452's and with them no longer being produced, I bet $450ish wouldn't be far off with some going higher on gunbroker.

Not even close. 452's are in very high demand And they don't make them anymore.

$400-450 It's what you could buy them for a few years back brand new. Can't touch them for that now.
Originally Posted by P_Weed
Thanks All - For all the input. I bought the CZ 452 'Trainer' rifle for $500.
I'm happy. and so is my friend, the seller.

We had both seen the fewer high prices of $800+ on line - But he figured,
That's not really here or there, as far as he's concerned.

I was tempted to buy a new CZ 457 Trainer for less money - But this old 452.is 'like-new'.

Your friend did you righteous at $500. You are looking at $800.
© 24hourcampfire