Home
Been reading magazine articles and online You Tube videos on the Winchester Wildcat .22 r f rifle, they say it has a plastic receiver, how long would that last compared to aluminum or steel?

The low cost and light weight would be nice, but really, is this going to fall apart after a few years?

Thanks.
Not familiar with the Wildcat but my S&W M&P 15-22 has 20,000+ rounds through it with no change to the plastic receiver. With proper design, a plastic receiver is OK.
My Glock handled over 20k of 40's and it's still running like clock work smile.
I have the Wildcat. It has functioned perfectly so far. Accuracy is better than expected with the right ammo. With quality scope I was getting 1 inch groups at 50 yards using CCI target 40 gr bullets. Remington Golden gave 1 1/4 inch groups. Other brands grouped 10 shots from 2 to 2 1/2 size groups. It did not like Federal Hunter Match. So far I see no ware on the Polymer. It is the easiest gun to clean. Trigger pull is heavy which adversely affect accuracy. I like the receiver site but it is for fun shooting, not accuracy.
Thanks for the review, I've been contemplating getting a Wildcat for a beater .22. I've shied away so far as when Guns and Ammo tested one like two years ago it shot huge 'groups' with some ammo, like 8-10" at 50 yards (my memory might be wrong on the range). I'm just looking for something to shoot a little bit with, mostly at 25-30 yards so it doesn't need to be super accurate. The price seems reasonable, if I happen to see one in the gun shop I'll probably buy it.
© 24hourcampfire