Home
Posted By: Wildones Kleinguenther K22 - 05/23/21
Recently bought this K22, Voere Vohrenbach, made in Germany. Cannot find a lot of information about the K22. Any ideas on the gun value? I have read where the magazine's are hard to come by and are expensive.

Attached picture campfire.jpg
Posted By: K22 Re: Kleinguenther K22 - 05/23/21
These were one of the most accurate factory rimfires built in their day. They were built by Voere of Germany then imported into the US. A Company out of Sequin TX, owned by George Kleinguenther known for muzzle breaks, would take these rifles and accurize them. He also smithed their centerfire rifles. The rimfires came with a guaranteed accuracy of 1/2" five round group @ 50yds.
The K22 bring over $1000 and many times pushing $1500. You can still buy magazines from Germany (at least you could a while back) along with the double set triggers many came with. KDF was later sold to Mauser who produced them for a while. They called the Mauser 201.
They built a standard version with a birch stock and a deluxe version with a walnut stock and fore end cap. Yours looks to be the birch model but the photo isn't clear enough on my computer to tell. Both models had the 1/2" guarantee.

I've had KDF K22's since the late 1970's and have a Mauser 201.

Here's the Mauser version.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: Hippy Re: Kleinguenther K22 - 05/23/21
K-22 is correct Robert Kleinguenther pillared bedded these rifle and they were 2 B Torqued to 50" lbs--I owned one of the 1st ones that were imported and talked to Robert several times it was a HONEST 1 Holer @ 50yds and would sold that rifle in a weak moment -I have since then purchased a 201. They also came in 22 Mag and were also VERY accurate.
The only issue that I am aware of is the ejection they eject straight up causing the empty to hit the scope and land bac into the rifle. The magazines are avail time to tie on gun broker both in 5 & 10 round .

Good Luck

Jim
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Kleinguenther K22 - 05/23/21
I have read that Voere built these rifles and that they were sold under different model names/numbers with a variety of different stock configurations by Krico, Kleinguehter, Mauser, Tradewinds, and Voere.

I'd owned the Mauser 201s in both .22 LR and .22 MAG and still own a Tradewinds 311A that, because no other bidders were interested, got it delivered for less than $200. It has become my favorite warm up rifle when I go to the range because it is man-size and very accurate. Mine is capable of shooting a ragged hole at 50 yards with Lapua Biathlon Xtreme, but at $15 per box of 50, you'd expect it to be capable of match grade accuracy. At the other end of the spectrum, it doesn't shoot Armscor 36 grain HPs better than 3 MOA at 50 yards. I have to wonder if the guy who sold it so cheap did so because it wouldn't shoot worth a damn with whatever brand/grade/style of ammo he had shot in it. Oh well, as with any rimfire, it may be a whole different animal, for better or for worse, just by changing ammo brand, style, and bullet weight.
Posted By: K22 Re: Kleinguenther K22 - 05/23/21
Hippy
Your memory is better than mine. LOL His first name was Robert.
At some point they made different extractors for the left side which cured the poor ejection. I used to have a bunch of them but sold them with another K22 I had.
I understand that a good gunsmith can improve the original ones to eject better.
Posted By: DBrink Re: Kleinguenther K22 - 05/26/21
I too had one of the original K22s. Very smooth, strong, and extremely accurate. Mine was the birch stocked version and had one of the very best triggers to the feel that I have ever used. As reference I was a plain stock 201 recently at a local GS and I believe it was priced at $900 with some normal wear and not pristine.
Posted By: Roadog Re: Kleinguenther K22 - 05/26/21
I have a model K-11 , haven’t got a chance to shoot it much.
But what little I have shot it It shoots very well.
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Kleinguenther K22 - 05/26/21
https://imgur.com/a/iZxWC8O
He’s a few of mine. K13 , 201 several Kleinguenthers including 22 magnum.
Also have one roll marked Titan. Not pictured.
I know Voere sold the same rifle under their name, but I’ve never owned one.
Never herd of a Tradewinds or Krico version. Hasbeen
Posted By: K22 Re: Kleinguenther K22 - 05/26/21
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945

Awesome family photo Mike. grin
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945

Awesome family photo Mike. grin

Jim, hope things are going OK with you.
By the way have you ever seen a k 22 marked Krico or tradewinds.
I’ve run into the center fires roll stamped . Mauser 99, or 225. Titan 11, what I would call a k15. Hasbeen
By the way the K 13 pictured is a 22 magnum. There is also a k 12 which is the long rifle version. These are not made by Voere but Rheinmatal. They also make tank barrels.
I could not stand it when I bought the gun. I had to take the barreled action out of the stock.
Imagine my surprise when I removed the action and the recoil lug stayed in the stock.
It fit down in the stock as you would imagine but slipped in a grove in the action.
This one unbelievably accurate. At 50 yards a three shot group looked like the end of a number two pencil eraser.
I guess this should not have surprised me as Mr. K had a way with making guns accurate. Hasbeen
My Kleinguenther Mod K 11 is made by Rheinmetall
also. On the bolt you can see Voere stamp mark though
Originally Posted by Roadog
My Kleinguenther Mod K 11 is made by Rheinmetall
also. On the bolt you can see Voere stamp mark though

Not familiar with a K 11 . Can you post a picture. Hasbeen
I’ll try, to get a few posted.
Posted By: K22 Re: Kleinguenther K22 - 05/26/21
Yes, I would like to see photo's of it also.

And no Mike, I've never seen a Krico or Tradewinds that was a copy of the KDF.
Here’s a pic

Attached picture BD86FFB4-FBF4-4B2D-941A-7325B401BDA4.jpeg
Originally Posted by Roadog
Here’s a pic

Now that think about it. I’ve seen pictures of that model before. Hasbeen
Posted By: Roadog Re: Kleinguenther K22 - 05/27/21
This is the first 1 I’ve seen, not very much information on them out there.
Posted By: dkevinbarnes Re: Kleinguenther K22 - 05/31/21
I believe the K11 is the same as the Voere 2107
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Kleinguenther K22 - 05/31/21
Originally Posted by dkevinbarnes
I believe the K11 is the same as the Voere 2107

I think you are right.
Speaking of Voere. There is actually two gun manufacturers by that name. The original owners I believe were cousins.
One is located in Germany ( out of business) the other is in Austria. Hasbeen
Posted By: Roadog Re: Kleinguenther K22 - 06/01/21
I looked the 2107 up an they look pretty darn similar, I sure would like to have 1 of the fancier stocks for mine , especially the 1 that looks similar to a anschutz 141 style stock.
Sure didn’t know there was 2 different voere companies until you all got me looking.
Posted By: Wildones Re: Kleinguenther K22 - 06/11/21
Thank you, for the information on the rifle. The Serial Number is 900700, but I am not sure what the date of the rifle is as I cannot find a chart. I am thinking it is Birch. The gun does have a magazine. I love the rifle and plan on keeping it. Thanks gain for the share of knowledge!

Attached picture IMG_125222222.jpg
Posted By: K22 Re: Kleinguenther K22 - 06/11/21
Originally Posted by Wildones
Thank you, for the information on the rifle. The Serial Number is 900700, but I am not sure what the date of the rifle is as I cannot find a chart. I am thinking it is Birch. The gun does have a magazine. I love the rifle and plan on keeping it. Thanks gain for the share of knowledge!

It does look like the birch stock one of mine has. I found some old photo's of the Birch stock model and a target shot by someone at KDF using my rifle and then a few of my own from about 30yrs. back.

Unless I missed this fact in someone's post,no one mentioned that this is a front locking lug action.

This is an extremely unusual design for a .22/.22 magnum.
© 24hourcampfire