Home
Posted By: rocky_mtn LCRX 22lr - 10/08/21
Anyone have this gun? I've heard from some the trigger is very heavy even by double action rimfire standards, from others its not so bad. I guess the single action trigger is quite heavy as well. Sounds like there's not much that can be done with it, either.

On the other hand, some folks say the trigger is fine and that it's a handy and fun revolver.

I'm hoping to find one to see in person, but there's fat chance of that these days.

I'm very interested in any thoughts you guys might have if you've had experience with this revolver.
Posted By: killerv Re: LCRX 22lr - 10/08/21
I wish I would have bought one when they were around 440ish and could be had, haven't seen one for sale anywhere in over a year. Last prices I saw were pushing 600, might as well spend a little more and get the smith 317 at that point....if you can find it too. I've held a 22wmr lcrx, felt great, I love the grip.
Posted By: skitish Re: LCRX 22lr - 10/08/21
Rocky I had the bright idea to buy the Ruger LCR in 22wmr for my daughter when she left college and started working in DC. She doesn't shoot much and doesn't hunt at all anymore and I thought the LCR would be a good compromise between recoil and power. She came home and I presented her with the pistol and off to the range we went. The LCR is very very accurate with the CCI ammunition, which is all I could find. My daughter immediately complained about the trigger pull and the grip. I had installed the lazer grip on the pistol which is shorter than stock. My wife shoots a lot of rifle and pistol including my .44 magnums plus she's a lot stronger than my daughter. She said the trigger pull sucked and gave the pistol back. My daughter shot my LCR in .357 with the stock grips using the Barnes hollow points and loved the pistol. When she left she took my LCR 357 and the kydex holster for it plus 100 rounds of ammunition. As I said before the LCR in 22wmr is very accurate out to fifty yards which is as far as I have shot it. I can pull the trigger but it takes concentration to get the round off without pulling it. I shoot a lot of USPSA, IPSC and 3-gun, usually two or three matches a month. I would very much recommend the LCR in 357 but not the rimfire model. Now with the LCRX you will have the option of shooting it single action which I have no experience with. I did replace the pistol my daughter stole with another Ruger LCR in 357 with the stock grips. The rimfire LCR sets in the safe.
Posted By: jstert Re: LCRX 22lr - 10/08/21
i have a ruger lcr 22lr, the hammerless 2” snubbie version. it has a “normal” snubbie, double action only, trigger pull. i had a taurus 94 with an absolutely impossible trigger pull, which i traded towards a s&w 317 that has a fine trigger pull, only slightly worse than the lcr.

when i got my lcr there was no hammered version available. i prefer a hammer for more accurate single action shots. the lcr has a long reset, if rapid firing the trigger can unfortunately be short stroked. i use the lcr as a sometimes ccw and a rapid fire ammo dump is the way to go if using 22lr for personal protection. i limit myself to rapid double taps and it’s good.

the 317’s aluminum cylinder sometimes heat binds after fifty fast range rounds. i shoot strings with it more accurately than with the lcr, but the lcr is a sturdier piece, the 317 feels too lightweight and fragile to be an edc.

if i had to get just a one and done 22lr revolver it would a used ruger single action. used for value pricing as rugers are built like a brick outhouse. single action for accuracy & simplicity. bearcat for hiking. single six for all around use. wrangler if low on cash.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: LCRX 22lr - 10/13/21
I shoot both the 1 7/8" LCR and the 3" LCRx. I think the trigger pull on the 3" may be a little heavier but regardless of pull weight, they are both very smooth and easy to shoot. I don't know which of the two I shoot or carry more. I'd guess over the last year I've shot each of them more than all of my other handguns combined. Great little revolvers.
© 24hourcampfire