Home
Posted By: Partsman Winchester 250 - 01/09/22
Just picked up a model 250 lever action 22, have to stop going into the gunsmith.
Posted By: benchman Re: Winchester 250 - 01/09/22
I had a 150, the plain Jane version. Trigger was pretty heavy and there were obvious cost cutting places, but overall it handled well.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Winchester 250 - 01/09/22
I've owned 250s and 255s with both standard and deluxe wood. A few years ago you could buy NOS deluxe wood from GPC for under $100. I find the pistol grip geometry to be a little too shallow/open for my tastes, but it works fine for me on the pump action 270/275s and semi-auto 190/290s. The 275 is my favorite rimfire pump gun, even before it got the deluxe wood treatment. These aren't target rifles, the triggers are meh, but they work find for plinking and shooting small upland game and varmints within the capability of the cartridge that they're chambered for. My 275 probably gets carried as often as my favorite .22 MAG, a Marlin 983S.
Posted By: Partsman Re: Winchester 250 - 01/11/22
It runs dummy rounds threw nicely, good indent from firing pin strike, barrel looks really good, not much use i guess, will try sights then have a scope set up to try it for accuracy, all in all a pretty good rifle for the money.
now that my Winchester 63 came in it will be nice to try it too when i get a chance, problem is a little too much snow to get to range, and i have a total of at least 14 or so now to sight in and see how they do.
Posted By: Partsman Re: Winchester 250 - 01/17/22
Loaded up 16 rounds of federal eagle 22 in the tube magazine and ran them through rifle, ran very slick through it.
Will be interesting to actually shoot it and see how well it does, put a 3.5x10 scope on it.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Winchester 250 - 01/17/22
I've owned one for over 50 years. Bought it as a kid and thought the design was "cool" and later came to realize it was a product of post 64 Winchester. I've shot a boat load of gophers and jack rabbits with it and left the city dump looking like Eliot Ness had been there.

The gun has been AMAZINGLY dependable and ACCURATE. One of the grandkids will inherit it, even if it looks a bit rough for all the "love" it has received.
Posted By: Partsman Re: Winchester 250 - 01/17/22
Yes, it is very nice, trigger is pretty good also, when I get a chance it will be interesting to see how it does, i have a lot of different ammo to try in it, I generally buy 5000 rounds at a time.
© 24hourcampfire