Home
Posted By: Axelrod59 Marlin Trigger - 01/14/22
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Spent a lot of time removing the anodized coating that was in terrible shape, and sanding the finish. Now im thinking about keeping it polished aluminum and sanding it further because of the difficulty im having finding someone willing to anodize it. The gun is stored in a climate and moisture controlled safe so I was wondering what people think about polished aluminum?
Posted By: Jiveturkey Re: Marlin Trigger - 01/14/22
Looks good. Model 81?
Posted By: Axelrod59 Re: Marlin Trigger - 01/14/22
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Looks good. Model 81?

Its a coast to coast model 42, which is basically a marlin model 70. Its stamped both with coast to coast and marlin
Posted By: Jiveturkey Re: Marlin Trigger - 01/15/22
Coast to coast? Was that a box store that sold marlins under their name like Sears & Roebuck? I gotta look up a model 70 now
It reminds me of a Glenfield model 75 I have except mine has a 9 round tube mag
Posted By: Axelrod59 Re: Marlin Trigger - 01/15/22
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Coast to coast? Was that a box store that sold marlins under their name like Sears & Roebuck? I gotta look up a model 70 now

Yes it was, my dad bought it as a kid and passed it onto me, its not an exceptional gun or anything but its definetly unique and its a consistant shooter
Would make a good squirrel or rabbit gun
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: PennDog Re: Marlin Trigger - 01/15/22
If you decide you’d rather have it “black” you could always get it cerakoted. I’ve done that with other aluminum parts if I didn’t want it unfinished. Really what you like - I don’t think that looks bad.

PennDog
Originally Posted by PennDog
If you decide you’d rather have it “black” you could always get it cerakoted. I’ve done that with other aluminum parts if I didn’t want it unfinished. Really what you like - I don’t think that looks bad.

PennDog

I appreciate the comments, Im definetly thinking polished aluminum is my finish, really happy with how it looks on the gun
© 24hourcampfire