Home
Posted By: Sponxx Scoping Tikka T1X - 02/15/22
Hey guys,
I had been looking for a 16" T1x and finally got one on Gunbroker, got fleeced on the taxes, but still got a good price on something "unobtainum".
Now I am thinking about scoping it.
Use would be shooting suppressed via DeadAir Mask 22, and mostly inside 100yd, but may try to ring steel at 150yd or so, and potentially stretch it more, for funsies.
I have an orphan 10x MQ, but I wonder if it may too much for sniping birds/pests.
CZ452 has a 6x MQ, and if I rail the Tikka I could swap scopes, but wouldn't allow friendly competition between the kids.

Burris Fullfiled 3-9?
Try to score a 6x MQ ?
Run the 10x and change to 6x for hunting?

Recommended
Rings and Bases

DIP 0 MOA rail or keep low and just plain rings to dovetail?

Thanks
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Scoping Tikka T1X - 02/15/22
I'd want 6X MQ and 75MOA of inclination,which typically allows 39 Mil's of erector travel,from a 50yd zero.Hint.

Everything below zero on the erector,is 100% fhuqking USELESS. Hint......................
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Scoping Tikka T1X - 02/15/22
Swfa fixed power on a 22 and 17
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I'm still waiting on S/S,then I'll go crazy. Hint.............(grin)
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Scoping Tikka T1X - 02/15/22
Cmon now….I know this kinda thing don’t spook ya!
Don't work so hot on bores,or fire control systems. Hint................(grin)

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Posted By: Coopsdaddy Re: Scoping Tikka T1X - 02/16/22
Curious as well,i have the same gun and just cant make up my mind,i like the swfa 3-15 but not the weight.Needs to be a tough scope for woods carry.So many options now days.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Scoping Tikka T1X - 02/16/22
I've beat THE fhuqking schit outta a "few" 3-15's and there's NO "frets" there. Hint.

Go FFP and MQ. Re-hint..............
Posted By: Sponxx Re: Scoping Tikka T1X - 02/16/22
Originally Posted by Certifiable

Niiiice
are they 6x and 10x? or higher mags?
For the kids I know getting behind the 6x is easier, but it would require a new acquisition.

Stick, even though I understand the waste of mil below zero, 75MOA is too generous for my Texan needs in thick piney forest. DIP seems put of stock for the 20 and 30MOA ones.
rings? Warne lows?
You needn't "trade" anything "away",to reap inclination and it is simply money in the bank. Hint.

Thank me later.

Just sayin'.

Hint...............(grin)
Posted By: Sponxx Re: Scoping Tikka T1X - 02/16/22
Originally Posted by Big Stick
You needn't "trade" anything "away",to reap inclination and it is simply money in the bank. Hint.

Thank me later.

Just sayin'.

Hint...............(grin)

I'll thank now. Though 39MOA is still waaaaaaay more than needed. Thought DIP was only maker of rimfire rails, got me one of them on CZ452 with 6MQ.
Tikka uses a single receiver,for everything and the T1X is simply shortened,so there's both some commonality and support. Hint.

Bob makes great stuff and every one of my Anschutzeses,use his rail. Also a good way to scope a CZ,as you mention. Hint.

Ring spacing is a scope's BEST friend and don't be erector spooked. NOTHING is as fhuqking fun as Long Range Rimfire Pursuits and you'll be dreaming up new ways,to accomplish same. Hint..................
Posted By: Bodkin84 Re: Scoping Tikka T1X - 02/17/22
I have a cheap BSA 36x on my T1x and love it
Posted By: Buzzaw Re: Scoping Tikka T1X - 02/17/22
SO, how do these Unicorns shoot???????
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Scoping Tikka T1X - 02/17/22
Originally Posted by Sponxx

Niiiice
are they 6x and 10x? or higher mags?
For the kids I know getting behind the 6x is easier, but it would require a new acquisition.

Stick, even though I understand the waste of mil below zero, 75MOA is too generous for my Texan needs in thick piney forest. DIP seems put of stock for the 20 and 30MOA ones.
rings? Warne lows?

The HMR has a 10x and the 22 wears a 16x..

I know the 16’s are a compromise but I’ve got a gaggle of them on a variety of accurate .22’s and I just can’t cuss em for the money…

The tikka 22 shoots well and with more effort on my end I know it can do better.

The 17 shoots scary good and as soon as I find a sucker it’s gonna win me some pink slips.

Unfortunately CCI 20 gr gamepoints is what it likes instead of the hornady 17 gr vmax which is what I’m stocked up on
Hummer at a hunnert
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Scoping Tikka T1X - 02/17/22
Would love a few in S/S and Laminate. Hint.............
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Scoping Tikka T1X - 02/17/22
Hummer at a hunnert

Good grief…. lol. I would like to have one of those.
Every time I shoot my Annie 54 1717D HB,I just shake my fhuqking head and it appears that the Vudoo Hummer is gonna outpace it. There's nothing gonna get away from The Kali Teeker Hummer. Hint...................(grin)
Did you get a HMR or WSM in the vudoo?
Originally Posted by Kaleb
Did you get a HMR or WSM in the vudoo?

We could only WSM wait and wish, then have hopes dashed
You are a MALICIOUS Prick! Hint.

IF only they offered WSM in same...so Hummer it is and I'd LOVE both. Hint...............(grin)
Haha. I wasn’t sure. I wonder why the wsm offering are so slim?
Posted By: Buzzaw Re: Scoping Tikka T1X - 02/17/22
how about the good old .22 Long Rifle in one of these? I know they are no Vudoo but just needing to know if i need one
Kaleb,

I've got a Franklin Whizzum Krunchenticker,along with a Ruger 77,to get me by...but I LOVE that chambering. Hint...............
I friend of mine has one of the rugers. It’s a nice rifle. I think I’d like to try one of the Franklin AR’s.
Originally Posted by Buzzaw
how about the good old .22 Long Rifle in one of these? I know they are no Vudoo but just needing to know if i need one

I really like mine. I swapped out the 10x for a 1-4 so the girls could kill milk jugs better. I need to fix another up for myself. Might try the 17 this time.
The Franklin is a hammer and runs like a Sewing Machine,despite being a Piston Gun. Hint.............
I need to call around about them because I’m not seeing anything in stock.
Looks like they have some new offerings coming
Have heard same,but mine ain't for Sale. Hint.............(grin)
Posted By: Rolltide Re: Scoping Tikka T1X - 02/19/22
The little Tikka's are a lot of bang for the money. I see several in nearly every match I shoot, and they punch way above their price point.

Mine shoots exceptionally well and if I didn't already have 8 or 9 HMR's, I'd consider adding one to the stack.

One of the things that the previous owner of mine added before I got it was a Sterk bolt handle.

I love it and will add one to my next Tikka, whether it's a rimfire or a centerfire.
Posted By: EdM Re: Scoping Tikka T1X - 02/19/22
I recently installed two of these on a Sako P72 and a Bergara B14r and with only a hundred rounds out one each I am pleased so far. Time will tell. I think they fit the OP's needs.

https://www.eurooptic.com/vortex-di...e-with-v-plex-reticle-moa-dbk-10017.aspx
Posted By: Sponxx Re: Scoping Tikka T1X - 05/10/22
Updates on the Tikka

Got a Mountain Tactical 30MOA extended rail, presented it to receiver and screwed lightly. Attached SWFA 10x42MQ with Warne horizontal rings, adjusted eye relief with rings spaced and marked where to chop rail... which was easily done.

Once rail was shorter, repeated the process, and used red (but really blue) loctite on screws and bottom of rail.
Process took about 20min, but would've been 10 had it not required mounting twice and cutting rail.

Gun shoots very consistently with Dead Air Mask 22 and CCI SV, also tried CCI Mini Mags and CCI subsonic. The subsonics had a significant drop compared to the others, but the only thing heard was the striking of the cartridge rim and the hitting of the metal gongs 100yds away.
Posted By: killerv Re: Scoping Tikka T1X - 05/11/22
Give cci semi auto quiets a try, they are the sweet spot in my opinion of keeping things crazy quiet with keeping impact close to the sv you are shooting.
© 24hourcampfire