Home
Posted By: haazrob Ruger 10/22 trigger upgrade - 02/22/22
What are your thoughts on which trigger to upgrade to?
KIDD and never look back. I prefer single stage,but dat' subjective. Hint............
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I've used Volquartsen kits on a couple of builds. Very happy with the results.
KIDD
Posted By: TWR Re: Ruger 10/22 trigger upgrade - 02/22/22
I have two VQ kits and wish I’d have used KIDD instead.
Sent 4 of mine to brimstone. Money well spent
No regrets at all using the VQ kits. Target hammer and Trigger works just fine.
Total cost in parts about $53. Worth it though.
Posted By: EdM Re: Ruger 10/22 trigger upgrade - 02/23/22
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
No regrets at all using the VQ kits. Target hammer and Trigger works just fine.
Total cost in parts about $53. Worth it though.

Same here.
Bite the bullet and send your barreled action to Randy at CPC to get the biggest increase of accuracy per dollar spent.

Connecticut Precision Chambering
KIDD is regarded as the best, but I guess it depends on your budget, ruger bx is nice for the money. You can also get a kidd trigger kit instead of the whole assembly.
Kidd if you want the best

The BX is miles ahead of a stock trigger.
Posted By: Bryant Re: Ruger 10/22 trigger upgrade - 02/23/22
The kidd trigger job kit is very nice for the money. The full kidd trigger group might be better. My trigger job kit has a slight bit of creep if you really feel for it.
No doubt there are cheaper options than the KIDD trigger. And return on your dollar is only judged by you..

I mused all the options (VQ kit ruger bx etc…) but in the end I just went the full KIDD single stage and I’ve never once regretted it. It’s a sweet trigger.

I’ve spent a lot more for a lot less gain that’s for sure
Have bought 2 BX triggers and will buy two more.
They work well enough for my needs, and are easy to get where I am.
Thanks for all the advice.
Mine is a massive improvement over the stock trigger. It's almost too light for my liking.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Bite the bullet and send your barreled action to Randy at CPC to get the biggest increase of accuracy per dollar spent.

Connecticut Precision Chambering

Minor point of clarification. Triggers do nothing to increase the accuracy of the gun. They can make it easier for the shooter to tap into the full accuracy potential of the gun. My Ruger 10/22 has perhaps the worse trigger I have ever used. Right there with a Ruger PC 9 and a Ruger AR. I can still get that thing to cut very small groups. It just takes focus and discipline.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
It just takes focus and discipline.

What he said.

© 24hourcampfire