Home
Posted By: killerv Cool little find yesterday - 05/13/22
Local pawn shop had this out for sale. 1966 unconverted bearcat. Nice little holster, I guess its some cowboy action stuff, attaches to belt with two metal stud/screws, top is reinforced with metal sewed inside and has a piece of oak going down the length of the holster to keep it further out from pants. Anyway, for 325, I thought it was a no brainer, a little muzzle wear and a safe ding or two but I'm tickled to have it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I would have snatched that up too. Nice find
Nice find, for that price, it's a no brainer!
If a guy only knew! That was my first .22 handgun that I bought brand new for $39.95 back in '66. Turned out that I couldn't hit very well with it and sold it to a kid in the dorm a year later for $35.00 and was glad I got my money back out of it.
Nice find!

That was my first handgun also!

Virgil B.
Posted By: killerv Re: Cool little find yesterday - 05/13/22
Originally Posted by Windfall
If a guy only knew! That was my first .22 handgun that I bought brand new for $39.95 back in '66. Turned out that I couldn't hit very well with it and sold it to a kid in the dorm a year later for $35.00 and was glad I got my money back out of it.

We have a new model, and cant hit squat with it, still fun trying. Now both my boys will now have one. I'll have to teach them about carrying on an empty chamber if they choose to do so in the future with this one, doubt I'm gonna send it in for the retrofit.
Posted By: Exchipy Re: Cool little find yesterday - 05/13/22
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
Nice find!

That was my first handgun also!

Virgil B.
Same time frame, but it was my second. First was a Single Six.
Paid $60 for mine….my dad smiled, my mom thought I’d lost my mind.
1st pistol I ever shot.
Posted By: deflave Re: Cool little find yesterday - 05/13/22
Great find.

Congrats.
Killerv: You did well those are nifty and popular little pistols - sell that leather holster or throw that leather holster away.
Enjoy and keep up the good work.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Timbo Re: Cool little find yesterday - 05/14/22
I think the Bearcats are neat little guns. I've owned a several over the years including an adjustable sight model which I loved, but I find they're a little too small for me to shoot as accurately as a larger gun like the Single Six. But for a compact trail gun, they're hard to beat.
I would have to walk out with that one too! Should be a lot of fun to shoot. Kids or grandkids will probably love it.
Posted By: Mesa Re: Cool little find yesterday - 05/14/22
No need to carry the New Bearcat as a "five shooter" is there? I thought that was what was "new" about them!
Nice pistol. I would have bought it too!
Posted By: killerv Re: Cool little find yesterday - 05/17/22
Originally Posted by Mesa
No need to carry the New Bearcat as a "five shooter" is there? I thought that was what was "new" about them!

correct

and I can send this one back and they'll put in the new parts, and send the old parts back. Doubt I will though.
Pawn shop finds are some of the best. You got a good deal. Fine looking pistol, and holster
© 24hourcampfire