Home
Posted By: cdg Bergara BMR - 07/23/22
Good Morning,

Looking at purchasing a new 22lr and found a Bergara BMR (steel barrel) at Sportsman's. Any experience and/or opinions on this rimfire?

Thanks
Posted By: DCR48 Re: Bergara BMR - 07/23/22
You won't be sorry. Order spare magazines right away.
Posted By: DeWman Re: Bergara BMR - 07/23/22
Have one. Already my favorite.
Posted By: boatammo Re: Bergara BMR - 07/23/22
Have a carbon in 17 HMR it really does shoot.
Posted By: cdg Re: Bergara BMR - 07/24/22
Thanks for the replies.
I contemplated the 17 HMR but for my needs (mostly squirrel) the 22lr seems the better choice....plus the ammo is cheaper for target practice.
Going to go with the BRM w/ steel vs carbon barrel.

Cheers
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Bergara BMR - 07/24/22
Let us know what you think.
Posted By: m_stevenson Re: Bergara BMR - 07/24/22
I have had a BMR for a few months. Steel barrel. The trigger breaks at 2-1/2 lbs out of the box.
Love it. I predict you will too.
Posted By: SCAMMER - BEWARE! Re: Bergara BMR - 07/26/22
I have a BMR Carbon, it's a great rifle.
Posted By: Timbo Re: Bergara BMR - 07/27/22
Outstanding little rifles. Very accurate and not too heavy to carry around the woods if you want to hunt with it.
Posted By: pullit Re: Bergara BMR - 07/28/22
Waiting to hear as well
Posted By: centershot Re: Bergara BMR - 07/28/22
I have one, did the trigger mod. Fantastic rifle. Shoots amazingly well with Fed AutoMatch. Shoots so well that I got a little carried away and put a Burris Signature HD 3-15x44 on it. Somewhere I have a picture of a target with 3) <1/2" 1 hole 10 shot groups shot with AutoMatch. I am considering selling it as I also have a CZ457 that shoots nearly as well and I have a .17HMR barrel for it also.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: cdg Re: Bergara BMR - 07/28/22
I've been busy with work as of late but plan on heading down to Sportsman's in a couple days to make the BMR purchase.
Unfortunately in CA will have to wait the 10 day "cooling off" period before bringing it home.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Bergara BMR - 07/28/22
Originally Posted by centershot
I have one, did the trigger mod. Fantastic rifle. Shoots amazingly well with Fed AutoMatch. Shoots so well that I got a little carried away and put a Burris Signature HD 3-15x44 on it. Somewhere I have a picture of a target with 3) <1/2" 1 hole 10 shot groups shot with AutoMatch. I am considering selling it as I also have a CZ457 that shoots nearly as well and I have a .17HMR barrel for it also.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Nice rifle. Sounds like a great shooter too.
Posted By: centershot Re: Bergara BMR - 07/29/22
Wish they made one with a nice wood stock, I just don't love synthetic stocks.
Posted By: 24HourCampFireGuy50 Re: Bergara BMR - 07/29/22
Originally Posted by centershot
Wish they made one with a nice wood stock, I just don't love synthetic stocks.
Boyds makes BMR stocks.
Posted By: Dixie_Rebel Re: Bergara BMR - 08/01/22
I’ve seen videos showing very bad ejection issues with the Bergara rifles. What is your experiences for those who own them.

It seems the CZ 457 rifles have a better reputation.

Comments on both rifles are appreciated.
Posted By: Stray Re: Bergara BMR - 08/04/22
I bought a Bergara BMR with a steel barrel in April, and probably have 300 rounds through it. Can't think of anytime it didn't eject. Put a Hawke Vantage rimfire scope on it and it's a prairie dog machine! Firing ten rounds quickly is no problem at all Finding extra mags was initially a bit of a problem but found some at Scheel's, although a bit pricey at $32 or so each.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Bergara BMR - 08/04/22
You don't know what 'pricey' is...... Get a RimX....
Posted By: Stray Re: Bergara BMR - 08/04/22
$125! Yep, too much for my blood!
Posted By: Bob0921 Re: Bergara BMR - 08/09/22
I have a CZ457 Chasis rifle in 22lr, shoot in the local prone match with it against mostly Annies, and I am usually in the running. I am new to this type of shooting so I hope I can get better, joined the game pretty late in life, eyes aren’t as good as they used to be, so I’m happy I’m not dead last every match!
Posted By: centershot Re: Bergara BMR - 08/09/22
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
I’ve seen videos showing very bad ejection issues with the Bergara rifles. What is your experiences for those who own them.

It seems the CZ 457 rifles have a better reputation.

Comments on both rifles are appreciated.

I have one of each and both have functioned flawlessly.
Posted By: cznut Re: Bergara BMR - 08/21/22
I have worked with 2 BMR's ......average shooters at best.
Posted By: ClemB Re: Bergara BMR - 08/26/22
cdg you'll love your new BMR. I picked one up earlier this year and it shoots one hole at 50 yards 5 shots with CCI Mini Mag Varmint and SK Standard Plus ammo. Federal Target is a very close second. I have a Mueller 8-32x scope on mine as I want to shoot out to 300 yards with it. But IMO to get the best you can out of it I'd get a 4-12x or 4-16x scope for it. That would be ideal for both target and squirrels.
Posted By: boatboy Re: Bergara BMR - 09/13/22
I have one and I have one issue I can’t seem to be happy with
I have a carbon barrel and with the profile
I can’t seem to get the scope on it I want without putting too tall of rings on it

Seems like any 42 or 44 AO I can’t find the combo I want scope/ rings

The other issue I really wish they would have made the 10/22 mag the mag for the gun

Hank
Posted By: ldholton Re: Bergara BMR - 09/13/22
I've got the steel barrel . Shoots a bit better than my CZ 452 .. and that's excellent ..
Posted By: ClemB Re: Bergara BMR - 09/18/22
Pull the trigger on it. I got one about 6 months ago and its already my favorite rimfire. It will shoot 1/2" ten shot groups all day long @ 50 yards with any ammo. My best 10 shot 50 yard group to date has been .340" with SK Std Plus ammo.
I'm trying to load pics but can't seem to get a file small enough to post.
© 24hourcampfire