Home
Posted By: Jiveturkey Price check - 07/31/22
Thinking of selling my Ruger single six 5.5 ss convertible, hardwood grips. Not sure what to list it at. Has original target sights, aftermarket fiber optics on it now. Maybe 100 rounds through it. Magnum cylinder never used. Nice leather holster, triple K brand I think. 8 yrs old with hard case & manual. I never shoot it, and want to fund another .22 rifle. Only place I see them for sale is gun broker, and they're all over the place price wise. What do you boys think?
Posted By: JimH Re: Price check - 07/31/22
You need to look at some of the same model that have actually sold and see what they went for. I would say 600-700 tops.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Price check - 07/31/22
First thing to consider

Is it available now & new ? IF so you have a new one to compare pricing to

If it was unavailable...you might get better price

Yours is clean one owner & used...8 YO ?

You may have got a smokin' deal back then & have 'wiggle room' (:

Link......this store is GTG...This is what you have correct ?

https://grabagun.com/firearms/handguns/revolvers/ruger-single-six-22-22mag-5-5-ss-as.html
Posted By: Jiveturkey Re: Price check - 07/31/22
Yes, same exact revolver. Nice cowboy style holster, and 150 rnds of cci mag. Don't own another .22 magnum. I'm not seeing them in stock any where. What would you start price at? Probably use armslist so I can deal locally.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Price check - 07/31/22
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Yes, same exact revolver. Nice cowboy style holster, and 150 rnds of cci mag. Don't own another .22 magnum. I'm not seeing them in stock any where. What would you start price at? Probably use armslist so I can deal locally.

never heard any good comments for Armslist

Try locally with your sources

Again its available new.....

Remember FFL-FFL ........if you ship

Sell local FTF......have a bill of sale made up for your benefit
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Price check - 07/31/22
Here is a good comment for Armslist.
Posted By: killerv Re: Price check - 08/03/22
they have been really hard to find lately, cant tell you last time I've seen a new one. I'd say 550-600 would get it gone quick.
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Price check - 08/04/22
I bought a 6.5" SS Single Six convertible two years ago, used, and paid $450 for it. No box or anything else, just the gun and extra cylinder. I have been very happy with it. It's the best-shooting .22 handgun I own, frankly. I think it's an older gun, but it was 100% condition when I got hold of it.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Price check - 08/11/22
Originally Posted by tikkanut

never heard any good comments for Armslist

Try locally with your sources

Again its available new.....

Remember FFL-FFL ........if you ship

Sell local FTF......have a bill of sale made up for your benefit

The only advantage to using an FFL to sell a handgun is shipping in a flat rate box. Only a few states require it.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Price check - 08/12/22
I’ve sold some hand guns face to face, but I’ve always done so by going to an FFL and having a background check done on the purchaser. It cost me $25. Transferring that gun to someone who could “legally” own it vs some one who could not legally own it was worth the cost to me.
Maybe that process is not technically face to face but that’s the only way I’d do it.
Posted By: Jiveturkey Re: Price check - 08/13/22
Originally Posted by dale06
I’ve sold some hand guns face to face, but I’ve always done so by going to an FFL and having a background check done on the purchaser. It cost me $25. Transferring that gun to someone who could “legally” own it vs some one who could not legally own it was worth the cost to me.
Maybe that process is not technically face to face but that’s the only way I’d do it.
Sold it today to a deputy. Real nice guy, he used to work under my 1st cousin who died several years ago. Pleasant transaction, and had no qualms about doing business with this man. He even called me a couple hours after I got home, and told me to keep in touch so we could go to the range together.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Price check - 08/13/22
Originally Posted by dale06
Sold it today to a deputy. Real nice guy, he used to work under my 1st cousin who died several years ago. Pleasant transaction, and had no qualms about doing business with this man. He even called me a couple hours after I got home, and told me to keep in touch so we could go to the range together.

Here, most of the people who call about stuff I have for sale are from neighboring VA, so using an FFL is mandatory. Almost all of them however, try to weasel out of that with various claims of why it’s not required for shotguns of rifles. I understand their motivation (money, and wanting something off-book), but I’m not risking prison and loss of gun rights (and guns) for them.
Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: Price check - 08/13/22
Got to have a permit to buy handguns in NC and that includes private sales.
Posted By: Jiveturkey Re: Price check - 08/13/22
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Got to have a permit to buy handguns in NC and that includes private sales.
I bet the gang bangers in the hood don't have a permit. I also doubt they're carrying single sixes
Posted By: hikerbum Re: Price check - 08/14/22
$500 ish
© 24hourcampfire