Home
Posted By: 2500HD Remington 541-T magazines - 11/04/22
having trouble with feeding out of my 541 nylon magazines. Ammo wants to tip straight up or just won’t feed reliable.
Are they just wore out?
Are their better alternative to the nylon mags?
Are there any adjustments I can try?
Gun shoot federal match real nice. Thanks for your input. Ken
There was a fellow on here that was selling metal replacements, lived in East TN but I can’t remember his name. I’m sure someone bought a few from him and can inform both of us. Folks seemed to regard the magazines well
Posted By: MikeS Re: Remington 541-T magazines - 11/04/22
There is a guy who makes all stainless steel 5 shot replacement magazines that advertises them over on the AccurateShooter site. People seem very satisfied with them. He makes them in batches, so might not have any now, but worth checking out.
Posted By: EdM Re: Remington 541-T magazines - 11/04/22
I have bought from these folks and they are well built and work flawlessly. Last Christmas they had a 30% off sale so I bought three more. They also sit closer to flush than the factory magazines.

https://www.trekkermfg.com/collections/remington-541-581-magazines
Posted By: benchman Re: Remington 541-T magazines - 11/04/22
[email protected]. That's John Reed's email. He's in Tennessee, and makes metal magazines for your rifle. Not sure what is in stock.
Posted By: 2500HD Re: Remington 541-T magazines - 11/04/22
I got ahold of John from the accurate shooter forum. He is going to let me know when he has some ready again. Thanks guys. Exactly what I hoping to find. Ken
Posted By: ldmay375 Re: Remington 541-T magazines - 11/06/22
Good to hear. I also need to buy a couple or so.
Best mags you can buy use them in my 541-s.They feed perfect money well spent. John is great to deal with.
Posted By: Wddotts3 Re: Remington 541-T magazines - 12/18/22
Agreed well worth the money
Posted By: Bear1998 Re: Remington 541-T magazines - 12/18/22
Just received 2 from john. They are well built..fit really nice in my opinion. Blued cover on bottom to fit n blend in nice. He sends a paper along in case you need to tweek them at all. Mine worked fine in 3 different 541S n 1 541T.
Great product!
Posted By: albertan Re: Remington 541-T magazines - 01/08/23
I just found RifleMags.co.uk

They have some exquisite looking magazines for the Remington 541. They cost an arm and a leg. So, if you can't live without a metal magazine in this series of 22 long rifles here you go. The bodies are of stainless steel except for the base plate that is (well) blued steel that sits flush with the rifle.
As a Canadian, getting guns parts, reloading tools and components, and a lot of other cool stuff across the Canada\US border is well nigh impossible. But much of this stuff can come from the U.K. without much ado.
Cheers
Posted By: 2500HD Re: Remington 541-T magazines - 02/05/23
John got ahold of me last week. I sent him payment and should have mags coming my way soon. Thanks everyone. Ken
Posted By: 2500HD Re: Remington 541-T magazines - 02/09/23
Received my Magazines from John. He is an absolute genius. The quality is unbelievable. You guys sent me in the right direction and I thank you for it. I shot tonight with my new magazines and never had a single hiccup, hang up, or jamb. Smooth as I could of ever dream of. Thank you 24 hr campfire
Posted By: benchman Re: Remington 541-T magazines - 02/09/23
Originally Posted by 2500HD
Received my Magazines from John. He is an absolute genius. The quality is unbelievable. You guys sent me in the right direction and I thank you for it. I shot tonight with my new magazines and never had a single hiccup, hang up, or jamb. Smooth as I could of ever dream of. Thank you 24 hr campfire
Same feeling here. Super high quality!
Posted By: dukxdog Re: Remington 541-T magazines - 02/09/23
<^>
Posted By: K22 Re: Remington 541-T magazines - 02/10/23
+2
Posted By: FNWhelen Re: Remington 541-T magazines - 02/18/23
I got on John Reeds waiting list for 541 mags. Sure enough he sent me an email when he had a new batch. I received two of them a couple of days ago. Have not tried them yet but they look good. Way better than the plastic ones do. I sent him a personal check and told him to hold my order till the check cleared or I might have got them sooner.
© 24hourcampfire