Home
Picked up a 10D Annie,
Looking for decent scope option for it. (can't use irons because of astigmatism and nearsightedness issues, yes, even appetures are problematic.)

I don't know much about scopes in general other than the various Vortex's I've put on my more modern guns - and about vintage scopes, even less, I own a single K8 that came with a H&R 370. Seems to be a decent scope, I believe...

I plan to be shooting between 25 and 100y with it. Would like to get about 10-12x zoom on the top end (if that is even possible, if not, I'll have to do with less.) Preferably in that nice shiny blueing that vintage scopes had.

Thanks,
The Bushnell 10x40 3200s are pretty good scopes, as are the Japanese Weaver V16s and V24s.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
The Bushnell 10x40 3200s are pretty good scopes, as are the Japanese Weaver V16s and V24s.

oof, those Bushnell 3200 scopes are a bit more on the high side of pricing, and not quite vintage looking.
Watch the classifieds for a nice AO Leupold.
For more range use, 10 or 12X M8 leupold.
For a hunter, a 6 or 8X AO.
Prices elsewhere get silly on these old scopes.

Got a 10X w CPC last yr for an old rifle.
Proly paid too much, wasn't mint either.
But kinda sorta said heck w it, rifle needed it and wanted to shoot.
I have a "Baby Redfield" 3/4" 4x on my Anschutz, perfect proportion for a rimfire.
An old 4-12 Burris Mini would be a great match
Like this

I see they have a new version out, that isn’t the one I am talking about
[Linked Image from images.ssaagunsales.com]
Oh those early Burris & Redfield scopes were great

Johno
Is there anything I should look for scope wise that might play better with my astigmatism?
Had to look that one up.

After seeing a pic, IMHO a vintage scope won’t do anything special for its appearance as the rifle doesn’t look all that vintage to me. If it were mine, I’d focus, pun intended, on something that will help you shoot it to its best advantage.

My notions aside, an old Lyman or Unertl target scope would be awesome, and cost like it….
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Had to look that one up.

After seeing a pic, IMHO a vintage scope won’t do anything special for its appearance as the rifle doesn’t look all that vintage to me. If it were mine, I’d focus, pun intended, on something that will help you shoot it to its best advantage.

My notions aside, an old Lyman or Unertl target scope would be awesome, and cost like it….

I suppose it isn't quite 'vintage' looking as it could be for a 60's rifle.

I should probably toss a bushnell [bleep] on it just to make sure it'll shoot half-straight. Then take some time and find a good deal on a decent polished metal scope deal somewhere...
© 24hourcampfire