Home
Posted By: Traveler52 10/22 Charger - 12/26/22
Anyone have one.
What do you think of it.
Thank
Bill
Posted By: nimrod1949 Re: 10/22 Charger - 12/26/22
I didn’t understand them until adapters and braces came out. They get expensive when you start pulling them apart and adding fun stuff. Mine has a 6” KIDD barrel and is a hoot suppressed.
I’m just across 95 if you need to try before you buy.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: 10/22 Charger - 12/26/22
I have one. It’s bone stock. The supplied 15 round msg didn’t work. 10 round mags work great. Fun gun. Topped mine with a cheap Simmons red dot. At 50 yards it will group 10 Stingers in about 2 inches.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: 10/22 Charger - 12/26/22
Traveler52: Mine works great for plinking and Colony Varmint (Ground Squirrel) Hunting. I have had it for many years.
I have been thinking of improving the trigger by some means - but other than that I love it.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: hookeye Re: 10/22 Charger - 12/26/22
Had one w a grey lam stock.
Put a 4-12X AO on it.
Shot OK from the bipods on the bench (only added a Volq hammer). Nothing super good.
Did some Starling eradication at my buds farm and the gun from bipods in the grass, changed impact enough to really p*ss me off.

Have shot Contenders and other long bbl optics rimfire pistols, and even knowing what to do, the charger seemed overly picky.

Away it went.

A shorter bbl proly would have helped.

IMHO its a specialty pistol that you don't have to monkey with to get another shot.
Plinker.

Had no desire to brace or SBR the thing.

Verdict: a 1022 rifle w the old fingergroove stock is worth having.
Or some custom target build.

Anything else 10/22 aint worth it.
Posted By: Ironmule Re: 10/22 Charger - 12/28/22
I have a older grey laminated stock model found at auction, No problems at all added bipod and a red dot.
Fun little plinker.
Posted By: Traveler52 Re: 10/22 Charger - 12/28/22
Thanks for the info fellows.
I may order one soon.
Posted By: Tommy_guns Re: 10/22 Charger - 01/15/23
Same here. Have a bone stock with 2-7 leupythat shoots fairly well. Would guess just as good as stock rifle.
© 24hourcampfire