Home
Posted By: jackmountain New Rim-X - 02/05/23
Couldn’t be happier with it.
Functions perfectly, put 250 rds through it without a hiccup and it loves cheaper (SK Std)ammo.
Wind blowing 10-20mph today (obviously left to right) so tried to shoot between gusts. I’m thinking it will tighten up on a calmer day.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Posted By: huntsman22 Re: New Rim-X - 02/05/23
Awesome, ain't they?......

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Posted By: Certifiable Re: New Rim-X - 02/05/23
Nice rifle jack👍🏼
Posted By: jackmountain Re: New Rim-X - 02/05/23
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Nice rifle jack👍🏼

Shoulda took pics, but took out a 1407R, 541T, 513T, early Kimber 82A classic, KIDD’d out 10-22 and a T1X.
Plus the new to me Trailside.

Probably the biggest surprise of the day was that the 82 shot mini mags into 3/4” groups.

That Rim-X made my KYL rack boring at 50
Posted By: Certifiable Re: New Rim-X - 02/05/23
That sounds like right proper .22 fest, and my kinda party
Posted By: kandpand Re: New Rim-X - 02/06/23
Sounds like a great outing with some nice rimfires. Please tell me more about the Rim-X?
Posted By: Kaleb Re: New Rim-X - 02/06/23
Very nice rifle! I just a 17wsm rim x finished up. Really enjoying it too.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: New Rim-X - 02/06/23
How much does a rifle like that cost?
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: New Rim-X - 02/06/23
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Nice rifle jack👍🏼

Shoulda took pics, but took out a 1407R, 541T, 513T, early Kimber 82A classic, KIDD’d out 10-22 and a T1X.
Plus the new to me Trailside.

Probably the biggest surprise of the day was that the 82 shot mini mags into 3/4” groups.

That Rim-X made my KYL rack boring at 50

Awesome.

50 yards you say.

Keep pushing the edge.

Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]
Posted By: jackmountain Re: New Rim-X - 02/06/23
More than burns net income for 2022. But in all fairness so does a happy meal at Paisanos.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

PM sent Paul.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: New Rim-X - 02/11/23
Originally Posted by Kaleb
Very nice rifle! I just a 17wsm rim x finished up. Really enjoying it too.

Kaleb,

Would you share the details on your RimX build. Barrel, stock, who plumbed it together?

Thx!

🦫
Posted By: Kaleb Re: New Rim-X - 02/11/23
Yes sir

I ordered a #4 lilja and when it came in I stuck the action in the box and mailed it to Travis at TS customs. He done the barrel work. Chambered fitted flutted and cut/threaded at 18”. I used the middle of the road trigger tech(special I think?) Hawkins bottom metal and it’s bedded in a manners lrh stock. It came with a rail and I used swfa rings to hold the athlon 2-12. Shoots tiny groups at 100 with the 20gr Hornady ammo. Worth mentioning it’s hearing safe with a 30 caliber Harvestor evo suppressor. I’ll use it until the masks come in.

I haven’t really haven’t done a lot with it yet. I zeroed at 100 and have been shooting crows and other random targets of opportunity. I really like it though.
Posted By: Higginez Re: New Rim-X - 02/11/23
Sounds sweet Kaleb!
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: New Rim-X - 02/11/23
Saw a RimX receiver at Shilens a couple weeks ago. A very nice looking piece of equipment. It is controlled round feed and want feed single shot.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: New Rim-X - 02/11/23
kaleb, we need pics of that plinker. kinda like this....

Posted By: Kaleb Re: New Rim-X - 02/12/23
I’m too dumb to upload pictures now. I used to could with photobucket but haven’t since then. I can text them to you though.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: New Rim-X - 02/12/23
My pictures suck pretty bad compared to yours too…haha
Posted By: jackmountain Re: New Rim-X - 02/14/23
Kaleb’s rifle, nice setup

Posted By: Kaleb Re: New Rim-X - 02/14/23
Thank you. I need to get to work on some more critters and take some better pictures.
Posted By: Higginez Re: New Rim-X - 02/14/23
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Kaleb’s rifle, nice setup

Very nice!
Posted By: Tackdriver22250 Re: New Rim-X - 02/16/23
I built a 17 WSM with one. Haven't done a lot of shooting with it, but the little I have done has been a lot of fun.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: beretzs Re: New Rim-X - 02/22/23
Nice rifles fellas!
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: New Rim-X - 02/25/23
How do they compare to the Vudoo?
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: New Rim-X - 02/27/23
Good Lord! Is that the magazine hanging down? Wow! That thing is an abomination!.....Hb
Nice one!
Posted By: Kaleb Re: New Rim-X - 02/28/23
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Good Lord! Is that the magazine hanging down? Wow! That thing is an abomination!.....Hb

Lol….do you feel better now? It’s amazing how arrogant people can be. You took the time to type out and tell a stranger that you don’t like his gun. Haha like anyone cares that a stranger on the internet doesn’t like his gun.

If it was a joke my apologies for not getting it.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: New Rim-X - 03/01/23
Kaleb, if he is too blind to see the beauty of rimfire rifles configured just like your main hunting rifle, down to the action, scope, barrel and ugly but wonderfully functional magazines, then the fguk needs a white cane, sunglasses and a donation cup.......

Posted By: Kaleb Re: New Rim-X - 03/01/23
But but you have those awful magazines hanging down. How on earth do you carry them around like that much less aim them and shoot animals?

Always enjoy the pictures of your dogs. Mine is getting older and slowing down. My daughters are about to have a fit for a puppy and I am not far behind them.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: New Rim-X - 03/01/23
I got a litter of heelers be ready first week of april......hint
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: New Rim-X - 03/02/23

Lol….do you feel better now? It’s amazing how arrogant people can be. You took the time to type out and tell a stranger that you don’t like his gun. Haha like anyone cares that a stranger on the internet doesn’t like his gun.

I was kidding of course, I just forgot the smiley face 😁 ....Hb
Posted By: Kaleb Re: New Rim-X - 03/02/23
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I got a litter of heelers be ready first week of april......hint

Might have to take a road trip!
Posted By: Kaleb Re: New Rim-X - 03/02/23

I was kidding of course, I just forgot the smiley face 😁 ....Hb

Sorry it went over my head and I was a tool. Lots can get lost in text.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: New Rim-X - 03/02/23
Question for you gents that are running custom Rim-x builds.

Did you notice any break in period on your barrels before they settled down and printed tight groups?

I have a half custom build off a Ruger 77/17 WSM action that got a new tube. After 200 plus rounds down the barrel, the groups are finally tightening up.

My experience with a few Lilja barrels, is they came ready to rock from the first shot. My Proof barrels seemed to need some rounds before they settled.

🦫
Posted By: beretzs Re: New Rim-X - 03/02/23
Beav, I wonder if that's cause the Proofs are cut and take a little extra to smooth out. I haven't seen 200 rounds to settle, but I have seen what you're saying. I always attributed it to me using cut barrels versus button.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: New Rim-X - 03/02/23
Originally Posted by beretzs
Beav, I wonder if that's cause the Proofs are cut and take a little extra to smooth out. I haven't seen 200 rounds to settle, but I have seen what you're saying. I always attributed it to me using cut barrels versus button.

200 rounds on my rimfire tube, which is a steel Lothar-Walther barrel.

The Proofs on my CF’s seemed to need some coaxing with several rounds, maybe a box eaten before they settled down.

🦫
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: New Rim-X - 03/03/23
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Did you notice any break in period on your barrels before they settled down and printed tight groups?

I have a half custom build off a Ruger 77/17 WSM action that got a new tube. After 200 plus rounds down the barrel, the groups are finally tightening up.

My experience with a few Lilja barrels, is they came ready to rock from the first shot. My Proof barrels seemed to need some rounds before they settled.

🦫

Tag for information

🦫
Posted By: Kaleb Re: New Rim-X - 03/04/23
I don’t have 200 rounds down mine yet but the couple times I shot groups on paper it shot as well as I can. Mostly I’ve just been shooting things. Well shooting and shooting at but I can’t blame the barrel on the missed shots…haha.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: New Rim-X - 03/04/23

🦫

Tag for information

🦫

Mine was pre owned so no idea. I’m hoping to God the Shilen on my Anschutz will start shooting better but it’s got at least 250-300rds through it already so losing hope.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: New Rim-X - 03/04/23
What 54(I assume) receiver? Threaded or pinned? Contour? Twist? Chamber reamer? Base? Rings? Glass? Trigger? Stock? Bedding? Recoil lug or no? Scope? Ammo? Plumber? Hint................
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: New Rim-X - 03/04/23
I don’t have 200 rounds down mine yet but the couple times I shot groups on paper it shot as well as I can. Mostly I’ve just been shooting things. Well shooting and shooting at but I can’t blame the barrel on the missed shots…haha.

Gotcha. I think yours has a Lilja tube. The 3 centerfire Lilja barrels I have, shot as they should immediately.

I have zero idea of the mechanical aptitude required of a Smith to make a rimfire into a knot maker at 100 yards. The likes of Vudoo, TS Customs and their ilk seem to have it figured out.

My experience after having a couple Ruger 77/17 actions re-barrel by Clark’s Customs to 17 HMR and WSM. One, the HMR is precision sweetness, while the WSM seems to be improving as I pour more rounds through the tube.

🦫

Footnote…I picked up a Ruger Precision Rimfire in 17 HMR a few years back. Right from the box, the PR gave no concessions to my Clark’s. It came out of the box ready to slay small fur with boring like accuracy. YMMV
Originally Posted by Big Stick
What 54(I assume) receiver? Threaded or pinned? Contour? Twist? Chamber reamer? Base? Rings? Glass? Trigger? Stock? Bedding? Recoil lug or no? Scope? Ammo? Plumber? Hint................

1407R from Mark originally that I talked to you about last year.
Threaded, RO contour, 1-16, Nevius chamber, DIP, Warne, SS12X, U9 trigger, OEM stock, bedded.

I was going to send it to Mark then got sidetracked. Started fugking with it again last couple months.
She’s a sexy beitch though.

She's a PEACH. Hint.

So what EXACTLY are you fighting? Is there a 'lug in the stock? Have you shot it with a nekked muzzle and extrapolated devices,after that baseline? Hint.

Do you KNOW that the base/rings are tight & right? Tried a different scope? Hint................
Less than stellar accuracy really. No vertical or horizontal l, nice round groups. Has the lug rear of the mag well. Shoots better sans suppressor. Mounts and glass are GTG, but tried an SS3-15X to verify with same results.
Barrel is pinned not threaded.
Haven’t went nuts but tried Lapua center-x and Midas, Eley EPS, SK standard, RWS rifle, CCI SV, Norma tac and match. Remington/Eley target rifle and a few others. It’s not terrible but more of a .5-.6 5 shot shooter now.

Taking a fat wrench and playing with action bolt torque tomorrow. Both were around 35 Inch/lbs. I know Anschutz recommends gorilla tight.
I was thinking ignition, so ordered/installed new Wolff spring couple weeks ago with no improvement.
I’m going to disassemble/reassemble base/rings tonight. Now you got me doubting…. I switched scope and rings didn’t throw a wrench to base fasteners.
Given the blueprint,incorrect assembly jumps out at me,as the culprit. Especially after a glass swapaloo. Hint.

I'd go SWFA rings too,while you have it apart. Hint................
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Given the blueprint,incorrect assembly jumps out at me,as the culprit. Especially after a glass swapaloo. Hint.

I'd go SWFA rings too,while you have it apart. Hint................

Already had that on the list after looking at those warnes looking spindly next to the swfa’s on the rim x and T1X next to it!
Posted By: Big Stick Re: New Rim-X - 03/05/23
While I have 10's of thousands of centerfire rounds through vertical Warne's...the SWFA's are muchly warmer and fuzzier,due increased surface area and fastener robustitude. I probably should purge,despite never having failed a set,but the bitches tend to mount low. Hint..................
© 24hourcampfire