Home
Posted By: MannMade82 CZ 452-2E ZKM Price - 04/06/23
I came across a 452-2E ZKM listed as a "CZECH BRNO MODEL 452-2E ZKM .22 BOLT ACTION RIFLE" online. It is listed as an European surplus gun. Condition is Very Good - Excellent. Original mag and sights. Threaded barrel with thread cover. Is $599.95 a fair price? I have a 457 Varmint and two 527s but I have no idea about these older rifles. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: CZ 452-2E ZKM Price - 04/06/23
If it were truly in excellent condition, I think that’s a very fair price. The “very good- to” part would concern me a bit. Leaves a lot of wiggle room. I’d insist on good pics.

Personally, I’m all in on the 457s, and $600 is pretty close to the going rate for many of those, but many prefer the old ones, and I wouldn’t expect that one to last long if it’s a nice one.
Posted By: IMR4350 Re: CZ 452-2E ZKM Price - 04/07/23
I bought a CZ 452 Varmit heavy barrel 20 years ago and still use it a lot. Its been a great rifle. Like everything else these days they sure have gone up in price.
Posted By: ring3 Re: CZ 452-2E ZKM Price - 04/07/23
The 452’s are held in high regard despite the real or perceived shortcomings. Given the “shortcomings” and the fact CZ addressed many of them with the 457’s, I’d pass. I have a great deal of respect for the 452’s. The stated price sounds high to me but I don’t actively track their value. If I were a collector that addition might be worth the price. Being a shooter though I’d enjoy owning a 457 and pursue other rimfire options. The market is full of fine candidates.
Posted By: Seafire Re: CZ 452-2E ZKM Price - 04/07/23
I've got a 452 and it was purchased when they just started shipping them stateside...

probably put 35,000 plus rounds down the barrel by now.. I think its a 25 inch barrel and has a Mauser slide sites on it.
but it usually wears a 4 x 16 scope in the varmint field...

When I bought it, it was the first one in a local gun shop, that they had received.

Price was $199.00

smile
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: CZ 452-2E ZKM Price - 04/07/23
Originally Posted by Seafire
I've got a 452 and it was purchased when they just started shipping them stateside...

probably put 35,000 plus rounds down the barrel by now.. I think its a 25 inch barrel and has a Mauser slide sites on it.
but it usually wears a 4 x 16 scope in the varmint field...

When I bought it, it was the first one in a local gun shop, that they had received.

Price was $199.00

smile

Just saw one the other day for $499. I also saw one of the most beautiful 457's I've ever seen. That was $550.00 and I almost bought it. That was the sporter model. If it had been the heavy barrel model, it would have went home with me.
Posted By: Winnie70 Re: CZ 452-2E ZKM Price - 04/07/23
BSA, O have a CZ 527 in 22 Hornet…believe the 527 was discontinued in 2021….only seen one on Gunsinternational and it was like $1600…believe I paid $600 for mine in 2009 or 2011… could they be selling for that?
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: CZ 452-2E ZKM Price - 04/07/23
Originally Posted by Winnie70
BSA, O have a CZ 527 in 22 Hornet…believe the 527 was discontinued in 2021….only seen one on Gunsinternational and it was like $1600…believe I paid $600 for mine in 2009 or 2011… could they be selling for that?

Good question Winnie. Yes, they can indeed bring that kind of money based on rarity. I know my friends bought some CZ527's in 7.62x39 and 204 Ruger right when CZ decided to discontinue the model. We saw prices jump $300.00 in a months time, because there was panic buying going on. Hang on to your hornet because it will keep going up in value. It's ridiculous what some of those rifles are selling for right now though.

Disagree with BSA, I've seen them sell for around $1,000 and a little over. The dreamers are asking $1,600. In a few years their dreams will come true though.

Jerry
Originally Posted by MannMade82
I came across a 452-2E ZKM listed as a "CZECH BRNO MODEL 452-2E ZKM .22 BOLT ACTION RIFLE" online. It is listed as an European surplus gun. Condition is Very Good - Excellent. Original mag and sights. Threaded barrel with thread cover. Is $599.95 a fair price? I have a 457 Varmint and two 527s but I have no idea about these older rifles. Thanks in advance.

MannMade,

I've had several CZ 452's, still have a couple of Trainers.

Without a picture or a better description, a price evaluation is not going to be accurate.

You mentioned sights, the only CZ 452's with sights were the "Trainer", the "Special", the Super BRNO, the LUX or the full stock.

The Full Stock and the Super BRNO $600 would be a very good deal... Jump on it. The Trainer and the Special, you could probably do better (keep an eye on the rimfirecentral classifieds). The LUX, only difference from the Trainer was a walnut stock (vs beech, or was it birch?) and I think it may have had checkering on the grip==> not sure, it always was more than the Trainer/Special.

To back up a little... the barrel of the Full Stock was never threaded, I believe the only CZ 452 (besides the American) that were threaded was the Trainer, a threaded version would be very rare. The threads, unless aftermarket, would have been metric, so if you have a suppressor you would need an adaptor (not a problem to find). If aftermarket, if done right it was about a $150 job to have the sight set back and the barrel threaded!

The sights on the Trainer, Special, LUX, Full Stock and Super BRNO are really neat and fun to fool around with. They are the only reason I kept my CZ Trainer.

But for $600, you can get a Tikka T1X, which in my experience and others is a little bit more accurate. However, the CZ 452's are Old School Blued Metal and Wood, vs the plasTikka T1X.

The trigger, if unmodified, needs work or replacement, which is a problem for some, but I think worth the trouble.

Jerry

Here's one of my CZ 452 Trainer's that I fit an 'American' stock to;
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: CZ 452-2E ZKM Price - 04/08/23
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker

Disagree with BSA, I've seen them sell for around $1,000 and a little over. The dreamers are asking $1,600. In a few years their dreams will come true though.

Jerry

You can disagree all you want. But when they have sold for upwards of $1650.00, there is no denying it.
CZ527 22 Hornet sold on gb

Others that have sold for $1,450.00+ are going to be very close to, or over $1,600.00 after shipping of $85-100.00 and $100 in taxes. So, yes $1,600.00 is not unimaginable with these 527 22 Hornet's.
CZ 527 22 Hornet

Also, keeping in mind that they are going up in value every day. I actually don't really like them, have had opportunities to buy them for $300.00 at gunshows about 10 years ago. Now, since they are discontinued, the prices have skyrocketed. I thought all you CZ guys knew this?? Maybe not? One thing I don't like is some idiot talking out his azz. I will report what I have seen when out and about, and I see a lot of rifles. Guys may or may not appreciate it, but It seems I get out more than some of you old yanks that just sit on the couch all day long...
Posted By: Winnie70 Re: CZ 452-2E ZKM Price - 04/08/23
BSA, the one above sold on gunbroker is like the one I have except I have the mag that has been professionally reduced to a 3 round mag...fits flush with the bottom. Also have a the 5 round mag. Mine has the box and all papers and looks new....Nikon 2 x 7. Already told the kids not to sell it for what is on the receipt in the box...would be giving it away.
Posted By: thomasconnor Re: CZ 452-2E ZKM Price - 04/09/23
If it matters, and it does to me, a 452 is built like a Winchester 52 (which is why they stopped making them) and has a relatively high bolt lift. The cure for this is to avoid tactical scopes (oversized ocular end) that look goofy anyway. A 457 on the other hand is built like a 10/22. That's progress?

I see some confusion on the prices of a 527, as if it were relevant. One should probably not compare rimfire to centerfire prices...Tom
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker

Jerry

You can disagree all you want. But when they have sold for upwards of $1650.00, there is no denying it....
One thing I don't like is some idiot talking out his azz. I will report what I have seen when out and about, and I see a lot of rifles. Guys may or may not appreciate it, but It seems I get out more than some of you old yanks that just sit on the couch all day long...

BSA,

WOW, All I did was disagree with you...

You're campfire posts have always shown that you're rather, well to be kind ==> self absorbed, but your above post indicates you're also an As$hole as well.

Apparently your the last word on everything.

Please, somehow, see if you can possibly forgive me for disagreeing with you.

You are correct though, ONE did sell for $1,650.xx on Gunbroker.

Disparity in prices are a reflection of; condition, picture quality, and well... it's an auction.

Oh and regarding; "but It seems I get out more than some of you old yanks that just sit on the couch all day long..."

I gotta agree with you there, I feel I spend way too much time on the fire... but at 43,000+ posts in approx. the same time period, you need to rethink that statement.

Jerry

CZ 527 22 Hornet - March 2, 2023 - $1026.xx;
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/972968449

CZ 527 22 Hornet - Feb 23, 2023 - $1006.xx;
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/970709328

CZ 527 22 Hornet - April 6, 2023 - $1,050.xx;
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/980126276

CZ 527 22 Hornet - March 23, 2023 - $1,299.xx;
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/965892380
Posted By: longarm Re: CZ 452-2E ZKM Price - 04/10/23
Jerry
Regarding your post a little ways back, the 452 Ulta Lux Super Exclusive also left the factory with tangent rear sight, marked in meters, and a hooded front sight. All but a few have the beech stock with a 28.6" barrel.
Real nice guns.
Dan
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: CZ 452-2E ZKM Price - 04/10/23
Originally Posted by thomasconnor
If it matters, and it does to me, a 452 is built like a Winchester 52 (which is why they stopped making them) and has a relatively high bolt lift. The cure for this is to avoid tactical scopes (oversized ocular end) that look goofy anyway. A 457 on the other hand is built like a 10/22. That's progress?

I see some confusion on the prices of a 527, as if it were relevant. One should probably not compare rimfire to centerfire prices...Tom

The 452, like the 52, has a barrel threaded into the receiver and a cheesy bent strap-metal triggerguard. The first is preferred by many I know, but the slip-fit system on the later CZs (also Sako Quads, Anschutz 1716 and others) is a proven system provided the barrel gets proper support, which the 10/22 in stock form lacks. My 10/22, a CSC, has extra support, and shoots quite well. Otherwise, the 457 is finely machined like my 453 was, has a killer trigger that doesn’t resemble one on a SMLE, a decent side safety (I prefer the old one for its locking), and a very nice triggerguard from the factory. It gives up the rear locking lug, but gains a proper action screw back there, a steel bedding block, and a 60 degree bolt throw that allows lower scope mounting. As a bonus, if I want a better barrel, or a .22 mag, .17 HMR, or .17 Mach2, it’s an easy swap.

I call that progress, but everyone is entitled to their notions about what’s good and proper.
Posted By: OldRooster Re: CZ 452-2E ZKM Price - 04/15/23
The model the OP us considering is the hog back stock with the 24.5” barrel, I believe. They’re excellent rifles but I think $600 is too high. I believe he can score a nice one in the neighborhood of $450. I had one in 22mag and it was excellent, if it had been 22lr I’d have kept it. I have the 452 Varmint (bought it on here years ago) and I’ll never sell it.
Posted By: Malaga Re: CZ 452-2E ZKM Price - 04/25/23
My first 452 was a Lux..brandy new for $189…
Sold it to get the 452 Varmint and snagged a Super Lux 452 a couple of years ago..both are superb.
My 527 Varmint in 223 is one of the most accurate rifles I’ve ever shot….
Prices have gone on the moon in the last several years
Posted By: cisco1 Re: CZ 452-2E ZKM Price - 04/25/23
Who gives a chit about the hornets.

The OP is asking about a 452 .22.

Too stupid to read..?.....it ain't about you.
Posted By: Malaga Re: CZ 452-2E ZKM Price - 04/28/23
Originally Posted by longarm
Jerry
Regarding your post a little ways back, the 452 Ulta Lux Super Exclusive also left the factory with tangent rear sight, marked in meters, and a hooded front sight. All but a few have the beech stock with a 28.6" barrel.
Real nice guns.
Dan

Lucky to snag a Walnut stocked Ultra with golden trigger…iron sights on this are very good.
Posted By: Dirty_Harry Re: CZ 452-2E ZKM Price - 05/02/23
I have 1 (or 2) of each!

Here's my 452 American...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Here's a pretty special 452 Grand Finale I picked up (I think you'll agree and see why)...

My 455 FS LUX Mannlicher...

The only one that is not particularly handsome, I just wanted a FS Mannlicher!

the 457 LUX...

I really hit the wood lottery on this one. Sitting on the shelf at my local farm store! They told me a farmer came in and asked for one in the back, because this one was too fancy!
Posted By: killerv Re: CZ 452-2E ZKM Price - 05/03/23
I paid 600 plus tax for a 452FS in the box about a year ago. I thought it was a fair price. Sold my 452 trainer too cheap at 350, people were fighting over it.
Posted By: gunscrew Re: CZ 452-2E ZKM Price - 05/03/23
I have two 452 Americans new in the box. not for sale at this time.
Posted By: bluefish Re: CZ 452-2E ZKM Price - 05/03/23
Originally Posted by Dirty_Harry
I have 1 (or 2) of each!

Here's my 452 American...

Here's a pretty special 452 Grand Finale I picked up (I think you'll agree and see why)...

My 455 FS LUX Mannlicher...

The only one that is not particularly handsome, I just wanted a FS Mannlicher!

the 457 LUX...

I really hit the wood lottery on this one. Sitting on the shelf at my local farm store! They told me a farmer came in and asked for one in the back, because this one was too fancy!
I have its twin in LH. Stunning wood on that one just like mine.
© 24hourcampfire