Home
Came across these pics and hadn't seen such bolt styling before, that I recall.... Purportedly an early 1xxx digit Clackamas Model 82 Classic 22lr.

Was this the way they were or what? Input appreciated.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Looks like it was modified to clear a scope
That bolt handle is the first type made on these Model 82A Kimber of Oregon Classic rifles. These were made in this style from 1980 until 1983. It is unmodified. The second style is still a straight bolt handle with a round shank.
Thank you sir for your insight!

Here's another image from the same rifle with a little detail I hadn't seen on an 82 previously ad well.

-Learn something new every day.-

Originally Posted by Sheister
Looks like it was modified to clear a scope
I wondered this. I have an 82 itch and looking around... LOL
Originally Posted by GF1
That bolt handle is the first type made on these Model 82A Kimber of Oregon Classic rifles. These were made in this style from 1980 until 1983. It is unmodified. The second style is still a straight bolt handle with a round shank.

I've seen many of the original first run Kimber 82s and own a couple of the B type versions and I don't recall ever seeing one of those bolt handles being that long. Agree the scooped out portion is similar to the first models, but that bolt handle looks like is has been lengthened and the knob has been turned down... a good place to be sure to get an opinion from the experts on these would be on rimfirecentral.com
Definitely a wealth of information if one is "listening". I've learned so much outside of my local circle here on the Campfire - awesome.
Some good info here, as well as the only pamphlet made on KoA rifles. Hard to get one of these pamphlets, and I’m lucky to have one.

https://theolddeerhunters.com/kimber-82/

Beware, these little rifles are indeed addictive. They harken back to proud individual craftsmanship. I just love ‘em.
I've a longish thread where I've posted a bunch of old Kimber stuff - LOL - including, iirc, photocopies of the collector's pamphlet! Dang, I musta not read it in detail! Thanks for the reminder. Cheers.

Nearing time to upload another batch of pics. I've since acquired another 89 BGR as well....

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...0667628/1/Kimber_of_Oregon_-_photo_and_l
Regarding Mtn Boomer's pic of the bottom of the rifle, those "flutes" on either side indicate it's an early Bishop stocked rifle, one of approximately 1000 made. I think the bolt handle is in its original configuration.
I hadn't seen any 82s with that style of bolt handle, so I went looking. Gunbroker has a good selection of 82s often so I opened up the Kimber of Oregon search and doggone if there aren't several there with this style bolt handle. I stand corrected....
That bolt handle is original - I have one of the "S" series .22's with that style bolt handle - GF1 is correct. My "S" series also has a similar style stock fluting ( but more pronounced and tapering to a point ) around the front guard screw of the stock.

I started collecting Kimber of Oregon's when they first came out - at one time I had over 30 of them. Great little rifles. Still one of my favorite brands.
I mentioned this on MtnBoomer’s great Kimber thread in the Hunting Rifles forum. There is a huge Kimber picture thread, mostly all rimfire rifles, called ‘Show Me Your Kimber” at the top of the Kimber forum at RimfireCentral.com.
© 24hourcampfire