Home
Posted By: backtobethel Cabelas find- Mauser 410b - 12/18/23
I guess a guy gets lucky every once in a while. Located in the gun library and tagged as a “Mauser Patrone”. I have long wanted a Mauser 22 so I went home, pulled my Jon Speed book and identified the little beaut as a 410b. Cabela is only 5 minutes away, so I made the trip back. I’m quite happy with it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Cabelas find- Mauser 410b - 12/18/23
Don’t you just love finding those little nuggets. I found a real rare Sako 22 rimfire on Gunsinternational. I had never seen or heard of one till this one was listed. Like you I did some research on it found out they were really scarce and the price was unbelievably right. Mine isn’t nearly as nice to look at as that Mauser, but it’s probably more rare and will actually hit where you’re aiming. it does pay to keep your eyes peeled for these once in a while, rare finds.

It is the beauty on the far right…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: K22 Re: Cabelas find- Mauser 410b - 12/18/23
Excellent find. There is a whole lot to love about those ol' Mauser 22lr's. Yours looks to be in excellent shape. Have you shot it yet?
Nice find Shrapnel. I do love me some Sakos. That looks like a cool little rifle.
Originally Posted by K22
Excellent find. There is a whole lot to love about those ol' Mauser 22lr's. Yours looks to be in excellent shape. Have you shot it yet?

I have not shot it yet. I hope to on Wednesday.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Cabelas find- Mauser 410b - 12/18/23
The Mauser Mm 410b was Mausers' answer to the 52Win. Mauser hoped to win at the olympics?

I am not gonna pull my Speed book out to research.

The wood on yours is pretty nice.

Mine shoots pretty well.

Nice find.
Posted By: PennDog Re: Cabelas find- Mauser 410b - 12/18/23
That’s a beauty backtobethel! A rare bird indeed and highly sought after by Mauser aficionados - I have one that was customized in 1949 for a US soldier by Johann Springer - was given to me by a friend in his will. When I go it’ll go to someone that can appreciate it…….have killed many a squirrel with it - fine rifles indeed.

Shrapnel - another cool one that I’ve never seen either - how does it shoot?

PennDog
Originally Posted by backtobethel
I guess a guy gets lucky every once in a while. Located in the gun library and tagged as a “Mauser Patrone”. I have long wanted a Mauser 22 so I went home, pulled my Jon Speed book and identified the little beaut as a 410b. Cabela is only 5 minutes away, so I made the trip back. I’m quite happy with it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Good score, that one is a beauty. Just out of curiosity, would you be able to find a spare magazine if you needed one?
Posted By: m1919 Re: Cabelas find- Mauser 410b - 12/19/23
Very nice example you have!

Congratulations
Posted By: m1919 Re: Cabelas find- Mauser 410b - 12/19/23
MAS 45 magazines
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Good score, that one is a beauty. Just out of curiosity, would you be able to find a spare magazine if you needed one?
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Cabelas find- Mauser 410b - 12/19/23

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't MAS 45 magazines interchangeable?
Originally Posted by gnoahhh

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't MAS 45 magazines interchangeable?

They are
That’s a beauty..very nice wood and crisp mauser cartouche!

Slick actions on those rifles
Posted By: PennDog Re: Cabelas find- Mauser 410b - 12/19/23
Originally Posted by Certifiable
That’s a beauty..very nice wood and crisp mauser cartouche!

Slick actions on those rifles

Fine group of Mausers there Cert!! The 350s (Es and Ms) are amongst my favorite off-hand rifles they balance nicely for me and their accuracy is second to none!

…..and as the others have said MAS45 magazines work well in the Mm410s.

PennDog
Very cool old rifle. Looks a lot like a Brno, CZ455 trainer rifle that is for sale locally for $360.00. I've thought about buying it many times. Congrats on the beautiful find.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Cabelas find- Mauser 410b - 12/19/23
A particularly nice find.
I have a MM410B that I bought with a known issue. Somewhere down through its life, someone replaced the repeater bolt with a single shot bolt and made a custom (i.e. possibly homemade) single shot adaptor for it. Otherwise, it's in a very nice condition. It shoots really nicely as it is, but I'd sure love to find a correct repeater bolt for it. I'm sure the bolt will cost a pretty penny if I ever run across that needle in the hay stack.
Posted By: pullit Re: Cabelas find- Mauser 410b - 12/20/23
Nice looking rifles in this post.
y'all should be proud to own something that was made with quality, not many made that way today.
Backtobethel: Good for you - enjoy that nifty Rifle and please let us know how it shoots.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Backtobethel: Good for you - enjoy that nifty Rifle and please let us know how it shoots.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Had time to go to the range today with my daughter. The Mauser did pretty good! Need to find a taller front sight insert as I had the rear sight down all the way. Here is the first group I shot after getting the windage adjusted. At 30 yards:

[Linked Image]
Nobody can complain about a little cluster like that!
Posted By: PennDog Re: Cabelas find- Mauser 410b - 12/21/23
Indeed - looks like it’s a shooter to me……I’m very happy with a group like that and irons (especially if there is a little vertical stringing - meaning that I’m not setting the front sight exactly to the same sight picture/depth on each shot). Good shooting!

PennDog
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Had time to go to the range today with my daughter. The Mauser did pretty good! Need to find a taller front sight insert as I had the rear sight down all the way. Here is the first group I shot after getting the windage adjusted. At 30 yards:

[Linked Image]

Pretty good. I wonder if the sights are set up for 50 meters?
For those that are interested, I found that NEGC makes a front sight that uses inserts that are of almost the same dimensions as the Mauser inserts…amazing. I needed to shorten the back end and then simple material removal on the bottom to get a perfect fit in the dovetail. I wonder where NEGC got the design idea smile. Here is a link to the NEGC sight insert. NEGC insert

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire