Home
Posted By: mooshoo how are browning nomads? - 01/20/24
won a bid on a browning nomad short barrel i've always wanted one but don't know anything about them. would like to know about them tell me what you know about them.
Great pistols. They are basically the same as Browning Challengers but with thinner plastic grips and no slide lock.
Posted By: mooshoo Re: how are browning nomads? - 01/20/24
cant wait to get my hands on it!
Posted By: Timbo Re: how are browning nomads? - 01/21/24
I've shot a couple. They're were basically a budget Challenger. The ones I shot were just as accurate as my Challenger.
Posted By: GF1 Re: how are browning nomads? - 01/21/24
They are sleepers, high quality, just lacks the slide lock.
I had a (Belgian FN) Nomad back in the early seventies and let it go in a trade for a rifle I rally wanted and still own. I have regretted letting it go off and on ever since. A guy I know had two Belgian Challengers and wanted to sell one a few week ago and now I own a Challenger.

I had another guy at a gun show try to tell me how the new Challengers are so much better because of the CNC machining, yada, yada, yada. Put the Belgian next to a new Challenger II and it's a diamond next to a lump of coal. The original is a thing of beauty and a joy forever.

They made the Nomad with plastic grips and no slide lock, the Challenger with checkered walnut grips and the slide lock, and then the Medalist which had a separate wood fore-end under the barrel and was in a hard case. They only made them for about 11 years, probably because they can's afford to make them like that any more.
© 24hourcampfire