Home
My mom was cleaning out one of her closets and found her Dad's old,old Remington Targetmaster Model 41 Bolt Action (single shot-22rf) rifle and finally passed it on to me.

Anyone know about these rifles? Looks to be in very good shape. I took it home and cleaned it up and shot it twice to make sure it still works.

Would love to know the particulars about this old gun. I wonder when it was made? S/N 312XXX
James - Remingtons mfg'd since 1921 have a date code stamped on the left side of the barrel just in front of the receiver, right above the wood line. Code consists of either two or sometimes three capital letters and often a symbol of some kind such as *, #, etc. The first letter denotes the month of mfg and the second or second and third indicate the year. The M41's were mfg'd from 1936-40. The second letter on your rifle should be either E, F, G, H, or J. The first letter is always one of the following B L A C K P O W D E R X with B being January and going to X for December. You can find the Remington date codes (and other mfg'r dates) at www.oldguns.net - just scroll down the left side until you see mfg dates and click on the appropriate one. HTH. Regards,
Nobody,

Mine does not have a date code stamped on the left side of the barrel just above the wood line. I'm thinking it may be older than 1921 but not sure.Thanks for the link...
© 24hourcampfire