Home
Posted By: bearstalker What .22 Do You Want? - 07/13/08
Here's what I want:

I want Winchester to come out with a new and classy .22 bolt action, whether it be .22 lr or .22 mag. Satin blue finish with a nice wood stock. Sort of like a super grade.

And get rid of the wildcat.
Posted By: Waders Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/13/08
I just can't myself to spend big money on a .22, but if I just pick one, I'd take a Cooper in a heartbeat.
Posted By: yeselk Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/13/08
I would like a Win 52 sporter.
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/13/08
Kimber SVT.
Posted By: bcp Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/13/08
Marlin 39TDS stainless (a 22lr Guide Gun!)

Bruce
Posted By: Tod Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/13/08
CZ 611
Posted By: ruger438 Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/13/08
Cooper Jackson Squirrel rifle
Posted By: avagadro Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/14/08
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Kimber SVT.

in .22 WMR ....

Or a 9422M ... or a 39 so chambered.
Posted By: antlers Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/14/08
The last batch of Model 52 B's that they made were right up your alley...I wish they would start production up again. The last one's I saw came out about the middle of 2001. Nice wood, nice finish, sporter or heavy barrel (your choice), steel magazine, inletted swivel studs, match chamber...they did it right. I'd like that again.
I would also like to have a Cooper Model 57M in the LVT version.
Posted By: Rangr44 Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/14/08
[Marlin 39TDS stainless]- +1 - but in .22 Magnum !
Posted By: RickF Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/14/08
I'd like a custom classic Cooper.

I have a nice Winchester M52B repro and a CZ American with gorgeous walnut. I'm tempted to sell them both and get the Cooper.
Posted By: CoonCreek Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/14/08
I think owning a good .22 is as important as a quality centerfire. I didn't always feel that way so I waited a long time before I ever bought a quality rimfire......then I bought 2. smile I'm very happy with my Kimber Hunter .22 and my Weatherby XXII .17HMR. I fire more rounds out of these than all of my centerfires combined so I'm able to enjoy the quality of fine rifles more often.
My .02 cents.

Jeff M.
Posted By: avagadro Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/14/08
CoonC,

Do you have any issues with ejecting spend casings outta your XXII???

Thanx,
Posted By: JB in SC Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/14/08
A nice condition Pre-War .22/32 S&W Kit Gun.
Posted By: T_O_M Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/14/08
Ruger 77/22 .22 mag. I want the "target gray" finish of the target/varmint gun on the standard 20" stainless sporter barrel and action. I want a laminated stock like the target/varmint gun but trimmed down for the sporter. I want a 1 lb Jard trigger. I want the action and stock milled to lighten the whole setup so it's no more than 6.5 pounds scoped with a Simmons .22 mag 3-9X.

I'd like a Ruger Single Six that shot well. 4-5/8" barrel. Inch groups at 25 yards with both .22 LR HVHP ... lets say CCI Mini Mag HPs specifically ... and .22 magnum ... lets say WW 40 grain HPs ... at 25 yards.

I'd like a Winchester 9422 mag 'cause like a dummy, I sold mine a couple years ago. I'd also like a Ruger Mk II with the 10" heavy barrel 'cause, like a dummy ... yep, I sold mine a couple years ago.

Tom
A nice old C&R-about Smith & Wesson K22 revolver.

Posted By: Stillwater Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/14/08
Originally Posted by Rangr44
[Marlin 39TDS stainless]- +1 - but in .22 Magnum !

The 39 action is too short for the 22 WMRF cartridge.

However, if they would increase the size of the action proportionately, to the size of the 22 WMRF cartridge, I would pay a lot for a Marlin 39 in 22 WMRF.

Stainless with a composite stock would be nice also...

Bill
Right now, a Weatherby MK XX11 is on my "next gun" list.
Virgil B.
Posted By: mud_bogger Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/15/08
Another winchester 94/22 with wood as good or better than the one that I have.
Posted By: Ivan Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/15/08
Ruger Single Six is on the list of toys to get
Posted By: SAcharlie Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/15/08
A prewar savage model 602 semiauto.
Posted By: Uncas Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/15/08
A 40XR, do you need the address to send it to? Thank you, Bill
Posted By: TXRam Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/15/08
Originally Posted by RickF
I have a nice Winchester M52B repro and a CZ American with gorgeous walnut. I'm tempted to sell them both and get the Cooper.

That's how I acquired my M52B repro - my buddy was dying to have the Cooper, so I bought his Winchester. Awesome rifle, but I would like to have a Cooper as well - someday I'll run out of other things that are ahead of it on my priority list, and I'll buy one - don't think I'll sell the M52 to get it though wink .
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/15/08
Make mine a Remington 547..................547.
Posted By: CoonCreek Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/15/08
George,

I've had zero problems with ejection...it's very smooth and positive. I've read of your problems with yours, I hope you're able to get it all ironed out. Mine has been a pleasure; function, accuracy and fit & finish are all top notch.

Good Luck,
Jeff
Posted By: CoonCreek Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/15/08
This past winter after a long search I found a S&W Model 18 with a four inch barrel to match my Model 19. Set it up with Hogue grips so it's fit and feel is an exact match. The Model 18 lived up to their reputation for accuracy. It's been a lot of fun to have a .357Magnum/.38 Special light to practice with, much cheaper too.

Jeff
Posted By: RJM Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/15/08
Originally Posted by yeselk

...with the bolt bent correctly so one can use a low scope mount.

Bob

Posted By: antlers Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/15/08
Originally Posted by RJM
Originally Posted by yeselk

...with the bolt bent correctly so one can use a low scope mount.

Bob

Right. I had to use x-tra high rings so the bolt would clear the ocular lens area of my scope, but man does it ever shoot.
Posted By: Rangr44 Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/15/08
[The 39 action is too short for the 22 WMRF cartridge.]
[However, if they would increase the size of the action proportionately, to the size of the 22 WMRF cartridge,]

No, it's long enough.
Granted, the internals need repositioning/reshaping, and the mag throat bored wider with an attendant wider mag tube/guides/etc, but..........

If I were re-engineering a gun in stainless, I'd sure look at some internal alterations, as well.

Posted By: avagadro Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/15/08
Thanks Jeff ... good to hear that there is hope regarding my XXII
Posted By: Stillwater Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/15/08
Originally Posted by Rangr44
[The 39 action is too short for the 22 WMRF cartridge.]
[However, if they would increase the size of the action proportionately, to the size of the 22 WMRF cartridge,]

No, it's long enough.
Granted, the internals need repositioning/reshaping, and the mag throat bored wider with an attendant wider mag tube/guides/etc, but..........

If I were re-engineering a gun in stainless, I'd sure look at some internal alterations, as well.

As a retired Mechanical Design Engineer, I think the action is too short to be used, as is, for the 22 Magnum... Then, there are strength of material issues to consider.

Bill
Posted By: longwinters Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/15/08
CZ 452FS

long
Posted By: JB in SC Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/16/08
Marlin chambered the 1894 in .22 Magnum some years back. According to the sales rep, the thing never fed very well and they pulled it off the market.

I'm thinking that if the 39 could have been chambered for the .22 Magnum without a huge re-engineering change, it would have been done long ago. They always seemed very keen on the cartridge...
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/16/08
I could go for a stainless Winchester 52 Sporter with a laminated stock or a stainless Remington 40X Sporter with a 700 LSS MR pattern laminated stock sized to fit the action.

That said, I have a bunch of rimfire rifles, but the bolt action rimfires that I have recently been using most often are the Marlin 980S in 22 LR, 982S in 22 Magnum, and Savage 93R17BVSS in 17 HMR. The recent production Marlins with the T-900 trigger are amazingly accurate for the price and make great understudys rifles to practice with. I've been shooting a 980S that I bought for my Daughter to use as an understudy for her Remington 700 in 243. Although this particular rifle has not been tuned, just taken apart and cleaned, it shoots consistant sub-MOA groups at 50 yards with intermediate grades of RWS and Eley ammo.

Jeff
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/16/08
A $300 Winchester 94-22. About five years ago, $300 seemed like a lot of a .22...
Posted By: bearstalker Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/16/08
I'm thinking a nice Kimber bolt action would also be a nice alternative to my original desire.

Cooper is a good choice, too.
I want a colt woodsman or target master (pistol)

And... hmmm, maybe a black & silver nylon 66. I think they were nickle? maybe they were stainless? anyone remember?

Posted By: benp Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/16/08
Another Marlin 880SQ and A Ruger single six.......
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/16/08
The Remington Nylon 66s in Apache Black had chrome plated barrels and receiver covers, or whatever Remington called the metal cover than had the SN stamped onto it.

Jeff
Posted By: Stillwater Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/16/08
Originally Posted by Ethan Edwards
A $300 Winchester 94-22. About five years ago, $300 seemed like a lot of a .22...

I don't think you will see many 9422's for three hundred dollars these days. New 9422's, in the odd instance where one can be found, are priced over $700.00 now. Even well used 9422's go well over $400.00 in California.

I'm sure glad I was able to buy what I needed, when I did...!

Bill
Posted By: bearstalker Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/17/08
I think there was a couple that was listed on the classifieds the past few days for under $400.
Posted By: retrieverman Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/25/08
I already have a few of nice 22's (Winchester 61, Browning Auto 22 Grade II, Marlin 39A Golden, and a Marlin 39 TDS), but I am not a real 22 junkie. I would like to have a 22lr rimfire kit for my Blaser R-93.
Posted By: Stillwater Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/25/08
Originally Posted by retrieverman
I already have a few of nice 22's (Winchester 61, Browning Auto 22 Grade II, Marlin 39A Golden, and a Marlin 39 TDS), but I am not a real 22 junkie. I would like to have a 22lr rimfire kit for my Blaser R-93.

I have one or two of each of the 22's you mentioned, except for the Marlin 39A. I have eight of them... For a while there, everytime I turned around I was finding one at a good price.

I only have one TDS, and I would like to find another one. The rule of twos and all that... After you do the rule of twos, you then begin on the rule of threes...!

Out of all of them though, the Winchester Model 61, is my favorite.

Bill
Originally Posted by Stillwater

I have one or two of each of the 22's you mentioned, except for the Marlin 39A. I have eight of them... For a while there, everytime I turned around I was finding one at a good price.

I only have one TDS, and I would like to find another one. The rule of twos and all that... After you do the rule of twos, you then begin on the rule of threes...!

You sir have excellent taste in firearms.
Posted By: Ward Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/25/08
Like Waders, I don't like to spend a fortune on 22's. That's why I absolutely love my little Anschutz with the classy 3/4" tube Redfield. Accurate, light and wasn't that expensive. Others I really like are my Marlin 39 and Remington Speedmaster pump. There are some others around but those three are the favorites. Ward
Posted By: Stillwater Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/25/08

Absolutely! And the thiness of my wallet, is mute testament to that fact...

Bill

Absolutely! And the thiness of my wallet, is mute testament to that fact...

And I resemble that myself...
Posted By: passport Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/25/08
I could like a Cooper Western Classic. I think Coop has em all though............. smile
Posted By: cooperfan Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/26/08
I would like to have a 22lr rimfire kit for my Blaser R-93.

I just ordered one from Cabelas a couple days ago. Can't wait to get it.

Coop
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/27/08
I want a reasonably priced Remington 541-S.
Posted By: retrieverman Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/27/08
Originally Posted by cooperfan
I would like to have a 22lr rimfire kit for my Blaser R-93.

I just ordered one from Cabelas a couple days ago. Can't wait to get it.

Coop

I saw your post on BlaserPro, and I will be looking to hear a report when it gets here.
Posted By: Popapi Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/27/08
Anschutz 1720D 22mag for me if I can find one...AT A GOOD PRICE!!!
Posted By: eh76 Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/27/08
I'd like to have back the 541-S, the Anschutz 1418, the Browning BL-22, the Winchester 9422, the Remington (22LR on a 700 Action I forget the model number), THe H&K 270, the Remington 581, S&W Model 41, S&W Model 17, Kimber 82 Mini Classic and Sako P-72 Heavy Barrel all of which I was stoopid enough to sell or trade because some shiny new toy caught my eye! frown
Posted By: frogman43 Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/27/08
Well, I'm fortunate to already own some fine .22's. I have an early Remington model 550-1 which is an extremely accurate rifle. I also purchased awhile back a Marlin 1897 Cowboy in .22LR with the full octagon barrel before they discontinued them. I have a Weaver 1x3 straight tube scope on it and it's a tree rat killer for sure!

Last week I picked up an S&W model 48 .22WMR and it's a tackdriver as well!!!
[Linked Image]

Now the only thing left on my list is a nice S&W model 17 in .22LR so I can shoot a lot with it for little cost!!!!

Not sure, but think I'm close to putting together a deal on one!!!

Keith
Posted By: Chinook Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/27/08
Recently I've beent thinking of a stainless Ruger 10/22 in a folding stock with a red dot sight. To be used as a camp gun.

Good shooting!
Posted By: avagadro Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/27/08
I want to change my mind ... Cooper Classic in WMR .... veddy nice
Posted By: prostrate8 Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/27/08
I want a Steven's Favorite Takedown in Case Color w/ high grade wood. I'd probably put a full stock on 'er.
Posted By: ccd Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/27/08
Unfortunately the 22LR I want is obscenely expensive now, and 180 degrees from what most of you want- The American Arms 180.

http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg62-e.htm
Posted By: Nessmuk Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/29/08
I'm getting a Norinco clone of a Browning 22 auto, so that's off the list.
I've bought my kids a Remington Targetmaster, a Stevens favorite and numerous others, Have had or have all the rimfire pistols I want, so...
I want the CZ 452 lefty I sent out for relining to 17M2 back.
Posted By: burner Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/29/08
I just ordered two...Savage MkI-G single shot and a Stevens 315. These are for teaching future children of mine how to shoot/gun safety since they're both single-shot.

Would like a Model 39A...Would also like something that probably doesn't exist anymore, a Winchester or Remington bolt-action made in USA, not Eastern Europe.

Wish the Ruger Bearcat fit my big hands better. I would like one of them or a Single Six in .22LR but I just can't get into the grip frame.

Nothing else in the .22 range really excites me right now. Already have an 880SQ and a stainless/synthetic 10/22.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/29/08
I would like the Winchester Model 47 target that I had as a kid (or at least one like it).
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/29/08
61, 62, and 63 Winchester.

I have a 61 and a 63, but I really wish Winchester would retool and begin making them again.
Posted By: 1minute Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/29/08
A full size Ruger No #1 V with a Kepplinger single set trigger installed. And I would gladly pay for it. 1Minute
Posted By: Seven_Heaven Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/30/08
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Ruger 77/22 .22 mag. I want the "target gray" finish of the target/varmint gun on the standard 20" stainless sporter barrel and action. I want a laminated stock like the target/varmint gun but trimmed down for the sporter. I want a 1 lb Jard trigger. I want the action and stock milled to lighten the whole setup so it's no more than 6.5 pounds scoped with a Simmons .22 mag 3-9X.

I'd like a Ruger Single Six that shot well. 4-5/8" barrel. Inch groups at 25 yards with both .22 LR HVHP ... lets say CCI Mini Mag HPs specifically ... and .22 magnum ... lets say WW 40 grain HPs ... at 25 yards.

I'd like a Winchester 9422 mag 'cause like a dummy, I sold mine a couple years ago. I'd also like a Ruger Mk II with the 10" heavy barrel 'cause, like a dummy ... yep, I sold mine a couple years ago.

Tom

Hey Tom, Let me know when you get that 77/22 built. I'll buy it from you. smile

I know you're pain. I think most of us can relate.
Posted By: Ivan Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/30/08
Originally Posted by ccd
Unfortunately the 22LR I want is obscenely expensive now, and 180 degrees from what most of you want- The American Arms 180.

http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg62-e.htm

dang that looks fun! how much would one of those set one back?
Posted By: moonshine Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/31/08
As long as we're dreaming- I'd like one or more of Pat's Luxus Cooper's. I've wanted a Jackson Squirrel for a couple of years now-
[Linked Image]
but the Western Classic keeps growing on me-
[Linked Image]
Posted By: bearstalker Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/31/08
DROOOL!!!
Posted By: sscoyote Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 07/31/08
I'll take a Chipmunk Hunter Silhouette pistol in 22 LR, 22 WMR or the 17 HMR (my choice), that'r hopefully going to be introduced by Keystone Arms next year--we'll see.

Can't wait to get my Charger too!!

Will customize some where needed to get the accuracy i want.
Posted By: boatammo Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 08/08/08
I have: 39a mountie, Kimber classis varmit, !950 vintage Browning auto. Would really like a cooper. I have a 22 range in my yard so I shoot them alot.
Posted By: olhippie Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 08/08/08
....An Ultra light arms 22 would be nice as a primo squirrel rifle!
Posted By: cooperfan Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 08/10/08
Originally Posted by passport
I could like a Cooper Western Classic. I think Coop has em all though............. smile

After shooting my new Blaser .22lr today with a Swaro 4-12x50 rail mount on it, I think the Coopers will sit in the safe for a while. I was getting 1/2" groups all day long with the Blaser and it looks awesome. Best shooting rifle I have ever owned (most expensive though too). I am absolutly in love with Blaser rifles.

Coop
Posted By: passport Re: What .22 Do You Want? - 08/11/08
Originally Posted by cooperfan
Originally Posted by passport

After shooting my new Blaser .22lr today with a Swaro 4-12x50 rail mount on it, I think the Coopers will sit in the safe for a while. I was getting 1/2" groups all day long with the Blaser and it looks awesome. Best shooting rifle I have ever owned (most expensive though too). I am absolutly in love with Blaser rifles.

Coop

Better send me the Coopers you have Coop, no sence in having gun's that nice collecting dust. Mail em to the west side and I will keep em in action for ya.

Congrats on the Blaser too. We really need to see a pic, dont be stingy.....
© 24hourcampfire