Home
Even before ammo prices went loco, I was never really interested in the 17HMR. But I am interested in the 17HM2, almost exclusivley for target shootin at 100 yards and less.

I have found many options for rifles, but just wonder about the availability of various target ammo.
thoughts?
Head over to rimfirecentral.com and ask the same question

Around here, 17HM2 is getting kinda goofy in price and while it's not readily available everywhere online you can still pick up a case of 2000 rounds shipped for under 200.00 if you look around.

There's a group buy under the appropriate section at rimfire and someone has a case price of 169.00 I think, plus shipping.

I have used the Eley and Remington 17HM2 ammo and find it to be very accurate, but I don't think that any 17HM2 ammo is sold as being "match-grade". I use Eley 22 LR ammo and would unscientifically rate their 17HM2 ammo as being equal to their mid-grade 22 LR match-grade ammo.

Jeff
You can buy cases of Eley for $190 from Cathy and James at Good Shooting Sales and Services http://www.goodshootinginc.com/eley08.htm .

BTW, Cathy and James are great folks to deal with! Please tell them "Bob J from Helena" sent you.
Good M2 ammo like Eley around My parts can't be found, You have to shop online to get it..........................547.
I don't know about "target ammo"-- is there such a thing for the 17 mach 2? But, as to general availability, during the "Great .22 Drought of 2009," 17 HMR and 17 M2 ammo was present on store shelves in my area when .22s of any kind were not. There were literally NO .22 Rimfires anyplace for several months of that year. I considered getting a 17 of some kind just to have something to shoot...

Good shooting!
I see the sportsmans guide catalogue has 17 mach 2 .I just may have to get another 1000 while I can
plenty available at Midway, and they run periodic sales. i picked up 1000 rounds of Eley on sale before Christmas...
© 24hourcampfire