Home
Posted By: rembo .17 Rimfire Magnum - 12/01/01
I see Hornady has unveiled the 17 rimfire Mag on thier website. Anyone know who is going to be building rifles for it?
Posted By: Swift Re: .17 Rimfire Magnum - 12/01/01
From what I hear both Marlin and Ruger will be puttin rifles out for this round.<BR>I know who will be gettin one for sure...ME!!
Posted By: 4pwr Re: .17 Rimfire Magnum - 12/03/01
This should prove to be a interesting round. Hornady is not noted for making marketing goofs. I would be interested in seeing the market surveys that told them this round has commercial possibilities. After the 5mm mag failure, this certainly took some courage. I wish Hornady well. They certainly are trying to market innovating products and I say good for them.
Posted By: E4E Re: .17 Rimfire Magnum - 12/05/01
If either Ruger or Marlin put a lefty rifle on the market I'm buying one!!!!!!
Then I'm gonna order a case of ammo for storage,and another for those nasty woodchuck Taliban,and Crow Alquieda that keep pestering my tranquility.
I think the 17Mag. rimfire will stick.
.22Mag is not much better than a .22LR in trajectory,and skips all over the place.
.17Rem is too expensive for non reloaders,and too hard to find in factory ammo.
Psycho .17 fans have been stuffing their own .17Mag rimfire for years.
Besides.....I like the revolt from the norm!!!
Just put the bolt handle on the left side!
Cheers all!
E4E
Posted By: I Need guns Re: .17 Rimfire Magnum - 12/13/01
[Linked Image]
It seems to me that a 17gr bullet would just be too small, even at 2550 fps. I mean, that things got to be tiny. I'm fairly certain I'll stick with the .22WMR.
Posted By: I Need guns Re: .17 Rimfire Magnum - 12/20/01
I've had quite a bit of experence with cheap air rifles. A 4.5gr. pellet going just 740fps at muzzle will easly kill squrils and things of that size at 30yards. I wouldn't try to kill a bear with a .17mag, but i'm shore wood chucks at 100+ yards would be no problem
Posted By: I Need guns Re: .17 Rimfire Magnum - 12/20/01
Dose anyone have a link to a gun maker that has guns in 17hmr on there site?
Posted By: vbshootinrange Re: .17 Rimfire Magnum - 01/07/02
The latest Shooting Times mag. has an article on the new .17 Hornady, by Rick Jamison..... Ruger and Marlin rifles... Shure sounds interesting to me! good shootin, vbshootinrange.
© 24hourcampfire