Home
I picked one of these up at a gunshow this past weekend. Been looking for a rimfire bolt gun, and saw a couple Marlins that were priced right. A couple of tables over I saw this rifle at a friend's table and bought it.

It is marked JW-8 on the barrel. The action appears to be a BRNO copy, and the five round magazine will interchange with the CZ rimfires.

Tangent sights on board, and the hex receiver is marked with a bullseye that has an arrow stuck in the center. Underneath that it is simply marked 1966.

Overall it is in very good condition, and I was pleasantly surprised with the trigger.

It will definitely meet my needs for a truck gun. Hopefully I can get some pics uploaded soon.
You should be surprised with the accuracy of this little gem! I have seen several of them that will flat out shoot. For whatever reason they don't bring a lot of money, but they are sleepers in my opinion.
I had time to piddle with it for awhile yesterday. Should have taken more ammo with me, but so far, I am very pleased with the level of accuracy I am getting with CCI Subsonic and Centurion standard velocity ammunition.
Crimsontide,

Not familiar with the JW-8 Can you get a picture up? Have a JW-15..they are a copy of the BRNO 1 and are noted for being quite accurate. Think most of the Norinco's are known for accuracy (had a EM-332 and a NS-522 in the past).

Here's a link on the JW-15;
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=435716

Jerry

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I had an old takeoff sling from a .30 Carbine that seemed to fit just right.

The second pic may not show closely enough, the marking on the receiver.

So far, I am very pleased with it.
Posted By: Rog Re: Chinese Trainer Rifle JW 8? - 04/01/12
I got on here stamped Bell sharp shooter norinco,looks kinda like an old brno but has a different rear sight than the one in the photo
i believe it is a training rifle - note the similarity of the sights to the AK and SKS. i guess that the round hole in the receiver bridge is to retain some kind of sight? Have fun with it!
© 24hourcampfire