Home
Posted By: Batchief909 CCI SV .22 LR - 06/11/12
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but any feedback? Opinions?
Posted By: avagadro Re: CCI SV .22 LR - 06/11/12
Good accuracy low price
Posted By: orion03 Re: CCI SV .22 LR - 06/11/12
I have found them to be more accurate in most of my guns than the high velocity stuff, only drawback is the price.
Posted By: maddog Re: CCI SV .22 LR - 06/11/12
It shoots great in both my H&R sportster and MyMarlin 39a. Just bought 4 bricks for $25/brick. I hunt and only casual target shoot. This will last me a long time. grin

maddog
Posted By: Batchief909 Re: CCI SV .22 LR - 06/11/12
Just picked up a brick of the ammo at Dicks for $27....will test them out tomorrow and see how they fare.
Posted By: KyWindageII Re: CCI SV .22 LR - 06/11/12
I buy them by the case for my S&W 41, and they get good use in my other .22s as well. Save your money, buy a case and you can shoot cheap for a long, long time!
Posted By: 43Shooter Re: CCI SV .22 LR - 06/11/12
IMO CCI makes good ammo. Their SV shoots good in one of my rifles. IME 22RF ammo is a crapshoot. Accuracy with different brands varies from rifle to rifle and about the time you get a brand that works in one it might vary from lot to lot. YMMV.
Posted By: ColsPaul Re: CCI SV .22 LR - 06/11/12
I get them ( 50 rnd boxes ) for $14.99 a brick at Vance's in Columbus
We buy about four cases a year.

I was getting Federal Campion Blue box for about the same, but they no longer carry the boxes. Only bulk.
I refuse to waste money on bulk ammo anymore.
Posted By: Poodleshooter Re: CCI SV .22 LR - 06/11/12
Best sub $3 per box target ammo available, IMHO. I use it as a reference standard for standard velocity/subsonic target ammo. The funny thing about it is that it often seems to outshoot CCI's higher priced target offerings (Select,GreenTag and Pistol match) in my rifles.

The next step up from there is SK Standard Plus, Eley Target and RWS Target Rifle, all of which are about twice the price of CCI Standard.

Posted By: orion03 Re: CCI SV .22 LR - 06/12/12
+1, the stuff shoots!
Posted By: JSH Re: CCI SV .22 LR - 06/16/12
My go-to standard velocity ammo. Reasonably priced and shoots very well consistently in the guns I have tried it in. My S&W Model 41 loves it.
© 24hourcampfire