Home
I'm pondering the purchase of a remington 511 scoremaster bolt action 22 at a pawn shop for $164 and my only hesitation is getting a spare magazine or two for this rifle. Where do you find these and how much?
i have one for mine but my dad bought it for me years ago. maybe try numrich
fyi that's the number one most accurate .22 i have ever seen.
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
fyi that's the number one most accurate .22 i have ever seen.

I have the single shot version of this and know this one will be accurate. The 77/22 may go down the road if this one meets its reputation.
Get 'em here ...

Brownell's
Quite a few reproduction 6 rd magazines and a couple of originals on Gunbroker.
got the rifle and its nice and I'll get some mags if she proves to be a good one. The trigger pull is a bit heavy so a little cleaning and deburring may do wonders.

I saw midway had magazines too.

Maybe the question now is... Any brands or round count (5, 6, 10) to avoid?

I have a 513 Matchmaster that takes the same magazine. I bought some of the 6 rd. and some of the 10 rd. mags from Brownells and they all work fine.
[Linked Image]

I collect 510 era Remingtons.

I got a 511 with magazine, bought the magazine from Brownells and then made a single shot follower that fits flush with the bottom.

My fingers do not like loading magazines.
The tube is ok.
The single shot is ok
I've got the 512 Sportmaster with tube magazine ... real easy on the fingers and cycles shorts, longs and longrifle. wink
Originally Posted by Clarkm
[Linked Image]

I collect 510 era Remingtons.

I got a 511 with magazine, bought the magazine from Brownells and then made a single shot follower that fits flush with the bottom.

My fingers do not like loading magazines.
The tube is ok.
The single shot is ok

How is that for American ingenuity. What are the chances you would consider crankin' out a couple more of those?

I agree with you. I have a 512 and a 511. The 511 shoots better, but I have to load mags. I have a 6 rounder and a ten rounder. The ten rounder won't fit my older rifle's mag catch. So I am stuck loading up that six rounder.
© 24hourcampfire