Home
CZ-455 22LR on it's way. What rings you guys like & scope choice. I was thinking like a 2x7 Burris? Don't wanna drop too much cash on this rig. $413.00 is what I paid for the CZ so far.
I've got a cz453 in 22lr. Easily the best bang for the buck in firearms. I don't think there is much difference other than the 455 having the ability to switch barrels. That said, it's got a really high bolt lift which will force you into some rather high rings. I use cz brand rings which look too high but they can accommodate that damn bolt throw. Scope? I put the Nikon rimfire 3x9-40 BDC on mine and couldn't be happier for its minimal investment. At the range, it's a blast to shoot clay pigeons at 100 yards. Even shards of clay pigeons get dusted at 100. You'll love your cz. I can shoot the nuts off squirrels at 50 yards.
I also have the 453, and love it. I was looking for a Meuller APV in 4.5-14X40 for mine, but couldn't connect with the seller. I opted for a Bushnell 4-12X40 AO Trophy. Nice clear scope with parallax adjustment from 10 metres to infinity. Holds true and with the rifle it will cut the staples out of a target at 25 yards.

The rings need to be high, almost 0.6" IIRC. Nice little rig.

An old friend of mine said, "Always spend as much money as you can afford on a scope. Don't cheap out in the optics department."
I like Burris Signature rings the best. The scope depends upon your budget, but whatever you buy get something with an adjustable objective. That's the only way to get top accuracy at various ranges.
Yes and no ... Is OP whacking tree rats or playing in local club matches?? If its the former, an AO equipped scope is a waste of resources. If both, then maybe a 3-9x or 4-12x.

Just my $0.02 ... It's worth what you paid smile
Congratulations on your rifle. I like my Weaver RV7 and RV9 scopes on my CZ 452's. Another option is Clear Ridge scopes. Supposedly they are made in the same factory (LOW) and pretty much the same specs as the Weaver RV9, but have target windage and elevation knobs.

I have one of the newer Nikon's on a Marlin 60, but prefer the Weaver scopes. The Weavers are a little brighter in low light and the body is slimmer.
Originally Posted by avagadro
Yes and no ... Is OP whacking tree rats or playing in local club matches?? If its the former, an AO equipped scope is a waste of resources.

I agree...at least for me. When shooting my 22LR at 200 yards, I'm just as consistent with my RV7 as I am with my RV9 (AO) scope.
Originally Posted by avagadro
Yes and no ... Is OP whacking tree rats or playing in local club matches??
Yes tree rats, empty beer/coke cans, ect. Just something to have fun with.
High Leupold 11mm's.........spendy but nice!

X-VERMINATOR
The tighter the groups I shoot, the more fun I am having. No such thing as fun with an unaccurate weapon system. wink
I have high signature burris on my CZ 452 with a Leupold 4-12 x40. The highs due to the bolt throw on the CZ
Funny you should ask, I had perhaps the only innacurate CZ-452 on the planet (even then, groups were still in the 1 to 2" range at 50 yards) and sold it about 2 months ago.

The morning after the election, bought a CZ-455 American, and after perusing Rimfire Central, bought a set of BKL Technology 257 rings, to go with my Bushnell 4200 8-32X40 scope. They are aluminum, reasonably priced, and setup to fit either 3/8's or 11mm grooves.

They clear everything fine, in fact, if they were just slightly lower, it wouldn't hurt a thing. And after 3 full days of shooting over Thanksgiving, the new CZ is a good 1/2" better across the board than my also new Ruger 10/22 with a 16 1/2" factory .920 Target barrel, Volquartson trigger, and Bushnell 4200 6-24X40!
I have a 2x7 vortex scope and feel like it is a waste b/c the llower power is not used much at all.
A 3x9 -3x12 or great a 4.5x14 is perfect for plinking and most hunting -when is 4.5x too much -not too often for me -YMMV.
You'll love that cz give it a good cleaning and start shooting.
Oh -rings i love the burris signatures for everything -get the high rings and a pack of the offset inserts -that way you can dive into shooting your cz out to 200+ yards.
Yep, I agree with ol_mike, those Burris Signature offsets are a valuable tool. On the Ruger I mentioned above, the 1st time shooting it, I ran out of verticle adjustment at 25 yards by something like 6" with whatever conventional rings I had on.

I ordered a set of the Signature rings and offsets, and presto, I was able to center the scope at 50 yards with a little trial and error, leaving the full adjustment range of the scope to play with.
I have a VXII 4-12x40 leupold dot mounted on my CZ. Get you a dot, you will love it.
I have a 455/17 with Burris Sigs and a Leo 3.5 X10 X 40.
The bolt just barley clears, in fact if you lift it hard, you can rub the scope.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Anaconda
I have a 455/17 with Burris Sigs and a Leo 3.5 X10 X 40.
The bolt just barley clears, in fact if you lift it hard, you can rub the scope.

[Linked Image]

What is the outer diameter of the ocular housing on that scope? Are the rings the medium or extra high sigs?
Originally Posted by gonzaga
I have a VXII 4-12x40 leupold dot mounted on my CZ. Get you a dot, you will love it.
Which rings?
I think I got a set of bkl medium rings for my 452. Topped it off with a muller apv AO scope. I'm not impressed with the AO at all, or the scope in general for that matter....
I'm lookin to upgrade to a leupold 2x7 rf scope.

Have you been over to the rimefirecentral.com site? LOTS of related info there.

Just put Talley rings and Leupold scope on my 452...same combo I run on everything!
Here's a picture of my CZ-455 American with the BKL 257 rings holding my Bushnell 4200 8-32X40 & Butler Creek Scope Covers.

[Linked Image]

I had .275" clearance between the objective lens/scope cover and the barrel and wanted to get it lower. My BKL's were advertised as being .774" high- unfortunately I assumed that was the clearance between the bottom of the scope tube and the top of the receiver. So I ordered a set of "high" Talleys which are advertised as .500" tall.

Please excuse the dark photo, but here it is now after mounting it with the Talleys:

[Linked Image]

Now I still have .160" clearance because the BKL's were actually only .615" tall from the bottom of the tube to the top of the receiver. I'm debating between returning the "high" Talleys for the "mediums" which are .100" lower or keeping these. Right now I'm leaning towards just keeping these.
Originally Posted by Biathlonman
Just put Talley rings and Leupold scope on my 452...same combo I run on everything!

Same here. Low Talleys and a 6X36 with LR reticle, parallaxed for 50 yards. As Dober would say, Model perfect on a 452 22LR.
I've got/had a handful of CZ's and scopes to go with them (Leupold 4X Rimfire, Nikon 4X Rimfire, Mueller 4X12, Weaver 4X Shotgun, Simmons 4X, 4.5(?) to 20 44 mag and 3-9, Weaver 4X Rimfire, 3-9 power with AO and 2-7 power)... My favorite is the Weaver 2 to 7 Rimfire BY FAR!!!, inexpensive quality glass with a range that is useful for hunting and some target work.

My favorite rings are B-Square sport utility rimfire rings... fit the 3/8" (American Grooves)and CZ euro grooves, off and on with repeatability and inexpensive (under $10). Low's will fit all of the above scopes except the 44 mag scope.

Jerry
Not a good photo, I used a weaver 4x shotgun scope. Probably not what you are looking for however, but it fit on this model well. Been a while and I really don't remember what I did for rings. One day I might investigate a quick release to keep it in more character of the rifle.

[Linked Image]
I'm running a Leupold 3x9x40 sitting in Warne 11mm medium rings on my 455 American. PLENTY of clearance on the bolt throw.
that's the biggest chamois I've ever sen !!
Have BLK rings, with a Leupold 2X7 on mine
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
that's the biggest chamois I've ever sen !!

That's because it's a yellow quilt my blind great grandmother made.
© 24hourcampfire