Home
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Picked this up at a gunshow awhile back, its a Norinco made in China copy of a CZ. Guy I got it from is a custom stockmaker, just couldnt believe he would put this much work in this rifle.To my suprise, this thing is extremly accurate!Was going to sell, but might just have a little file work done where it says, made in china!
Gotta agree ... Can't believe he put that much effort into it ... But damn, it surely is purdy. Does it have a front sight??
Man, that wood is worth way more than the metal. Very nice.
The metal work on the JW15s was pretty rough, but they were tack drivers. Back in the day when I was just getting by, I bought one for my father-in-law for a Christmas present. The stock was plain as dirt, but it surely shot well. He tuned the trigger and used it for squirrel hunting. He still has it and would not consider getting rid of such an accurate gun.
Beautiful stock.It looks to have a lot of drop in it.Can you get cheek weld and still see through the scope? How close is the China action to a CZ? Will the stock fit a 452-455?
Accurate and beautiful, whats not to like:)
Who cares where it was made. Beautiful rifle.
Beautiful stock and inetersting lines...!

I just picked up a JW15 in mint condition with a 4X Simmons scope... The gun shop employee walked out of the back room with it and I just picked it up when he put it down...$89.95...how could one go wrong!!

A nice shooter. Just loaded it to a friend to teach a 15 year old girl to shoot...already being put to good use...

Bob
Originally Posted by kenster99
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Picked this up at a gunshow awhile back, its a Norinco made in China copy of a CZ. Guy I got it from is a custom stockmaker, just couldnt believe he would put this much work in this rifle.To my suprise, this thing is extremly accurate!Was going to sell, but might just have a little file work done where it says, made in china!

Who knows? In a decade or two, the 'Hecho in China' may be associated with quality, Sorta like Japanese optics are now.
Beautiful wood and finish. I noticed the big drop also.
As long as your happy, is all that matters. Good shooting
The Norinco NS 522's are highly desirable. That is a fine rifle you have.
Originally Posted by ME109
The Norinco NS 522's are highly desirable. That is a fine rifle you have.

The NS 522s are indeed desirable, but the rifle pictured is a JW15 or variant thereof.
Hell if it made in China I could offer you $50 for it wink.....I have a JW-15 that I got a cheap walnut stock for and this gun shoots with some of my better .22s I have - it is not going anywhere and it could be made in any country (or even New Jersey) for all I care grin In my opinion any good shooting rifle deserves a nice stock!!

PennDog
Jersey is pushing it!! smile
I suppose grin but did they ever make anything good in Jersey?? laugh

PennDog
It sure is beautiful. But the stock appears to be optimized for lower sights?
Originally Posted by PennDog

PennDog

Salt Water Taffy smile
Beauty Kenster. That is a keeper.

I'm a JW-15 owner and have been impressed with the accuracy. It has the balsa wood stock etc., but I set it up with a Williams target receiver sight and floated the barrel... It ain't a looker but it does shoot.

The factory front sight wasn't high enough for the Williams unit, so I installed an extra Rem 700 ramp I had in the sight box.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
There is not as much drop in the rifles stock as appears in previous pictures. I think I had wrong camera setting! Here's another.Thanks much for the compliments.
Kenster that is really a beatiful rifle, even if made in China!! That is one that anyone woudl be proud to own/use!

BTW Avagadro you got me NJ taffy is pretty darn good!

PennDog
Originally Posted by PennDog

PennDog

Sam Colt's original factory was in Paterson, but I can't think of anything since then.
That was back in the day....when made in America meant something wink

PennDog
As much as I hate to, I am putting this up for sale. Found another one of those "have to have it guns" for sale!Its in the classifieds here.
© 24hourcampfire