Home
Posted By: eh76 ER Shaw 10/22 barrels... - 07/23/14
Worth a hoot? Found a good buy on one if they are.
Posted By: bea175 Re: ER Shaw 10/22 barrels... - 07/24/14
They are great barrel and will shoot bug hole groups. I rebarrel my LH 581 years ago with a Shaw barrel and it is as accurate as any 22 i have ever owned and still is. Tractor & Trailer wouldn't haul the stuff i have killed with this 22 .

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Seafire Re: ER Shaw 10/22 barrels... - 07/25/14
I've had some real accurate Centerfire barrels from them...

if it has a good price on it, I wouldn't pass it by...
keith, if it is as rough inside as my 17 fireball barrel, it will completely lead itself shut with the first 50 rounds.....grin
Posted By: Seafire Re: ER Shaw 10/22 barrels... - 07/26/14
Good scrub with a bore brush when new will clean that up...
Posted By: stringnut Re: ER Shaw 10/22 barrels... - 07/26/14
Built the wife a 10/22 with a Shaw barrel. As she uses it only for squirrels she is happy with the .625 average at 50 yards with mini mags. Screwing around with some Winchester sub sonics seems to indicate it will do better than that with ammo it really likes. Workmanship looks good and it does not seem to foul any worse than any other barrel. I was impressed enough that I ordered a centerfire rifle from them.
Posted By: bea175 Re: ER Shaw 10/22 barrels... - 07/26/14
If you really want to see what the barrel will do, then try some of the Greasy Ass Wolf Match Ammo, it is amazing how accurate a 22 rifle will shoot this stuff. It is the best ammo you can buy to judge a rimfire barrel with
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: ER Shaw 10/22 barrels... - 07/26/14
I had a Shaw-barreled 10/22 for a while and it would put 5 Winchester Power Points in 1/2" or less at 50. Didn't shoot it much with anything other than those, but the few other kinds of ammo tried also grouped well.
Interesting to know, ER Shaw's barrel facility is about 2 miles from my place and their new store front is about 5 miles away, i guess i will have to check them out.
That said, I am only an hour from Melvin Forbes shop and I REALLY need to get down there and say hi!! smile

Mark
Posted By: bea175 Re: ER Shaw 10/22 barrels... - 07/26/14
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I had a Shaw-barreled 10/22 for a while and it would put 5 Winchester Power Points in 1/2" or less at 50. Didn't shoot it much with anything other than those, but the few other kinds of ammo tried also grouped well.

My 10-22 is sighted in with Power Point 40 gr HP at the moment , which happens to be it hunting load
Posted By: eh76 Re: ER Shaw 10/22 barrels... - 07/26/14
Thanks gents. I will order one tomorrow.
© 24hourcampfire