Home
Recently picked up a Savage/Anschutz model 141 22 magnum.....bought a set of Leupold rimfire 3/8 groove rings.
Opened the package to install to find out they don't work....radius of the 3/8 groove on the receiver is different than the rings....the rings bottom out before getting to the groove.
What rings have you had success with?
I bought a set of Millet with adjustable windage, but I think they are crap.....after locking everything down they move.
I seen that Talley has great looking steel 3/8" rimfire rings, but I'm concerned that they will bottom out too.
Please advise on your set up.
Thanks
Are you sure isn't 11 mm? The reason I ask is I have a Weatherby XXII in 22 LR (same as an Anschutz 64) and it is 11 mm. I bought Burris Signature Zee Rimfire/Airgun rings and they come with two sets of clamps to handle 3/8" or 11 mm. They are offered in high and medium height.
I use Conetrol Daptar bases and rings for Anschutz . Some are 3/8 ths. some 11MM. Expensive but classy.
Originally Posted by mistem
Recently picked up a Savage/Anschutz model 141 22 magnum.....bought a set of Leupold rimfire 3/8 groove rings.
Opened the package to install to find out they don't work....radius of the 3/8 groove on the receiver is different than the rings....the rings bottom out before getting to the groove.
What rings have you had success with?
I bought a set of Millet with adjustable windage, but I think they are crap.....after locking everything down they move.
I seen that Talley has great looking steel 3/8" rimfire rings, but I'm concerned that they will bottom out too.
Please advise on your set up.
Thanks

Just call Talley Mfg and ask...they are great people to deal with. Known Dave and Gary for 25 years.
Will do...Thanks
Brownells 7.3, made by Warne, work on 3/8" and 11mm rails. They don't slip either.
I have the same Weaver 1" tip off rings on my 141 M that I put on it sometime in the late sixties. (They hold a better scope today, a Leupie EFR Rimfire 3-9. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.
If this will work, I'd buy one.

https://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=994424&CAT=3599

Travis
I used a set of Warne rimfire steel rings on my 141M and they worked good. On a side note the Remington 40 grain PSP loads worked good too. Enjoy that rifle. Mike
Champion Shooters Supply also sells an Anschutz branded ring set, though I think they're the Warnes...
I use them on my 1416.
Burris rings
These bases will work also.

J&P Custom

For close to 30yrs. now I have used a set of Leupold 13mm rimfire low rings on my KDF which also has the smaller receiver groove. All I did was cut some brass shims and slid in between the ring feet and the receiver. Never had a problem with that setup.
© 24hourcampfire