Home
Posted By: Reloder28 10/22 Trigger groups? - 07/19/16
Looking at Volquartsen. Quality? Are there others to consider?
Posted By: woodson Re: 10/22 Trigger groups? - 07/19/16
Can't speak to the volquartsen but I have a single stage Kidd that is outstanding. That said, after having shot my buddies two stage Kidd, I wish I had spent the money on it. Hard to describe why but the two stage really is a thing to behold.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: 10/22 Trigger groups? - 07/19/16
If you can swallow the $$ for the 2-stage Kidd, they're quite a nice trigger. Completely repeatable and breaks like glass every time. You KNOW when it's going to break, once you have enough time behind the trigger.
Posted By: woodson Re: 10/22 Trigger groups? - 07/19/16
Originally Posted by local_dirt
If you can swallow the $$ for the 2-stage Kidd, they're quite a nice trigger. Completely repeatable and breaks like glass every time. You KNOW when it's going to break, once you have enough time behind the trigger.

Well said. I struggled with describing why I preferred the two stage. That about sums it up.
Posted By: 4th_point Re: 10/22 Trigger groups? - 07/19/16
KIDD for me.
Posted By: ned Re: 10/22 Trigger groups? - 07/20/16
I've been happy with the Volquartsen trigger group in both my 10/22s. From the posts above it sounds like there may be better ones, but the Volquartsen is a major improvement over factory.
Posted By: micky Re: 10/22 Trigger groups? - 07/31/16
I have used Timney and liked them. No experience with the others.
Originally Posted by Reloder28

You need the whole trigger group or could you just as easily buy a target hammer and bushing kit and be done with it??? That's all I did to mine and it's exceptional. If you use all the supplied parts and do a little polishing/smoothing, it's possible to be down around 2 pounds with the factory trigger and Volquartsen hammer kit... That's $39.00 vs. $269.00.
Posted By: LeonHitchcox Re: 10/22 Trigger groups? - 07/31/16
Has anybody bought the factory replacement BX trigger assembly? Supposed to be 2.5 to 3.0 pound pull. I have only tried two and both were light and crisp. For bench rest shooting I would want a full tune aftermarket trigger, but for hunting and plinking the BX should be a good deal.
Posted By: Azshooter Re: 10/22 Trigger groups? - 07/31/16
I have had the two stage Kidd trigger group for ten years. Still functions perfectly. A friend just bought the single stage trigger and it is a huge improvement too. If you can afford it get a Kidd.
Posted By: Jamison Re: 10/22 Trigger groups? - 08/08/16
I've done my own with the hammer/sear/springs and I've had the VQ group before I got the Kidd. NOTHING compares to the Kidd. The single stage has the shortest reset in any of the triggers available, and the two stage is just unbelievable. Do yourself a favor and buy the Kidd.
Posted By: peabody Re: 10/22 Trigger groups? - 08/14/16
I've got the ruger BX trigger..
Its just ..."ok"....
Your much better off sending the factory trigger group to brimstone or randy at CPC.
Ask me how i know.
The ultimate trigger is .....yes a kidd.
Spendy.. but worth every penny.
Now .. having said all that..
I like marlins. .
And especially the old squirrel stock glenfields.
They are fantastic accurate shooters.
And they just feel and fit perfectly.
Super simple to fix up.
Now.. lets insert mr. ArrowDodger and his wonderful KAT TRIGGERS.
Yes i like my kidd trigger.
But i also like ArrowDodgers trigger just as well.
Its even better, because its in my old marlin model 60.
I become some kind of shooting expert with my marlin and ArrowDodgers trigger.
Not kidding. . I really hit what i aim at.
I've got this super stupids grin on my face every time i shoot my marlin.
And !!! When you send in your triggers to ArrowDodger, hell fix ANYTHING that is wrong with your 60.
ANYTHING.
HE IS THE MARLIN 60 GURU.
and one heck of a nice guy.
I've seriously thinking, I'll probably never shoot my custom kidd rugers again.
And that's saying something.
Posted By: Mauser12 Re: 10/22 Trigger groups? - 08/14/16
I have the BX 1 group in my 10/22. It is a great improvement over the stock trigger but I doubt that it is as good as a Kidd or a Volquartsen. But, it didn't cost as much either.
Posted By: Redhat Re: 10/22 Trigger groups? - 08/17/16
I think I'm going to try the BX trigger on our new 10/22 carbine, but the decision will be made after it's first trip to the range.
Posted By: EdM Re: 10/22 Trigger groups? - 08/20/16
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Reloder28

You need the whole trigger group or could you just as easily buy a target hammer and bushing kit and be done with it??? That's all I did to mine and it's exceptional. If you use all the supplied parts and do a little polishing/smoothing, it's possible to be down around 2 pounds with the factory trigger and Volquartsen hammer kit... That's $39.00 vs. $269.00.

Precisely what I did a number of years ago.
Posted By: deflave Re: 10/22 Trigger groups? - 08/20/16
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
Has anybody bought the factory replacement BX trigger assembly? Supposed to be 2.5 to 3.0 pound pull. I have only tried two and both were light and crisp. For bench rest shooting I would want a full tune aftermarket trigger, but for hunting and plinking the BX should be a good deal.

Yes.

And I'd not spend more than that to get a 10/22 into the killing fields.

Travis
© 24hourcampfire