Home
Posted By: Ptarmigan Ammo pouch - 02/27/17
I just picked up one of these for my boy to use. Completely unnecessary but I have lots of stuff that is. Looks like it should hold 75-100 22lr rounds. Seems to be very well made. Buying direct from them in England is about $20 cheaper than from their US website. I think is was about $32 including shipping coming from over the pond. http://www.wilkinspouches.com/airgun-pellet-pouches/

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Ammo pouch - 02/27/17
I carry 10/22, 77/22, RAR magazines in speedloader pouches, which works pretty handily, too.

1 magazine in the gun, two spares in the speedloader pouch, and you've got 30 rounds ready to go.

I have a double-stack 9mm magazine cordura case that fits FOUR magazines for my SR-22 pistol, too. Just a happy happenstance, but it's easy to head out with a lot of pre-loaded magazines and hunt all day, without a lot of rattling (my old bones do enough of that already).
Posted By: Ptarmigan Re: Ammo pouch - 02/27/17
This was bought to go with a SA revolver I bought my 10yr old. No speedloaders for that one. As a matter of fact I bought the SA to slow him down a bit. The kid can shoot up some ammo in a hurry.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Ammo pouch - 02/28/17
I just carry my bullets in my mouth and spit them into the chamber.

Seriously, I think that is a neat innovation.
Posted By: orion03 Re: Ammo pouch - 02/28/17
+1 Neat.
Posted By: carbon12 Re: Ammo pouch - 03/01/17

I've been using a Lowepro D-Pods 20 for the past few years while squirrel hunting.

It is actually a small neoprene camera case but performs exceedingly well as a .22LR ammo pouch.

It has a small kangaroo pouch in addition to the main pouch that is perfect for an extra 5 shot magazine.

Stiff belt loop has a firm Velcro closure so the pouch can be removed from a belt without having to unbuckle the belt to slide it off.

Has two cord loops so that the pouch can be worn from the neck.

[Linked Image]

video here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-...rp_d_rvw_img?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0001HOWTW

$7.00 bucks from Amazon.
Posted By: centershot Re: Ammo pouch - 03/01/17
Thought that was what pockets were for?
Posted By: Ptarmigan Re: Ammo pouch - 03/01/17
Originally Posted by centershot

You can put them wherever you want to. I thought it would be something different that my kid could use. Is that a hard concept to grasp? I'm well aware there is a lot of ways to carry ammo, I just thought I'd share one I hadn't seen before.
Posted By: carbon12 Re: Ammo pouch - 03/01/17
Originally Posted by centershot

Where's the uselessness in that? grin

Posted By: T LEE Re: Ammo pouch - 03/01/17
that is kinda neat.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Ammo pouch - 03/01/17
Plastic snuff can. Handy, waterproof, economical.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Ammo pouch - 03/01/17
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I just carry my bullets in my mouth and spit them into the chamber.

Seriously, I think that is a neat innovation.

That's what we did with 22's and air rifle pellets. And used our teeth on split shots. Explains some things grin
Posted By: avagadro Re: Ammo pouch - 03/01/17
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
This was bought to go with a SA revolver I bought my 10yr old. No speedloaders for that one. As a matter of fact I bought the SA to slow him down a bit. The kid can shoot up some ammo in a hurry.

[Linked Image]

Golden Spike?
Not really a necessity but no more outrageous than the guy who has 5 Ingrams for gutting one deer a year. Looks better than a snuff can or a ziplock bag too.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by avagadro

[Linked Image]

Golden Spike?

Coleman western 628. It was my first hunting knife. Figured my boy could start with it too.
Posted By: kellory Re: Ammo pouch - 03/01/17
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Plastic snuff can. Handy, waterproof, economical.

I do the same, but a very nicely made pouch, non the less.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Ammo pouch - 03/01/17
just a pouch 'tween yer cheek and gum.......
Posted By: avagadro Re: Ammo pouch - 03/02/17
... but no more outrageous than the guy who has 5 Ingrams for gutting one deer a year. ...

That is funny ... smile smile
Posted By: msquared Re: Ammo pouch - 03/10/17
I have a zippered canvas pouch that measures about 4x5. It was actually a cosmetic bag that came with one of my mom's purses 30+ years ago. It's quiet and makes it easy to just stick in my pocket and go squirrel hunting.
Posted By: Ptarmigan Re: Ammo pouch - 03/11/17
Here's my boy wearing it. He likes it, that's all that matters to me.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Ammo pouch - 03/11/17
That's a cool little contraption. Good on ya. It will mean something special to the boy for many years, might even get passed down.

Mucho better than all those dumb Ingrams. <grin>
Posted By: Ptarmigan Re: Ammo pouch - 03/11/17
Originally Posted by Akbob5
That's a cool little contraption. Good on ya. It will mean something special to the boy for many years, might even get passed down.

Mucho better than all those dumb Ingrams. <grin>

When I can find a supply of Ingrams for 32 clams apiece, I'll be passing down herds of them! grin
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Ammo pouch - 03/12/17
That's a nice little accessory; I also use an airgun pellet pouch for 22LR when squirrel hunting, especially with a single shot .22. Except mine's sort of a cheap nylon(?) belt pouch with a velcro closure and the Crosman air guns logo on the flap. Not as classy as yours but I had it here so it got put to use. Don't know how many rounds mine would hold but put a couple dozen in it and there's still a lot of room. I realize it's unnecessary but it's still handy and it's small enough you can forget it's even on your belt.
Posted By: MIVHNTR Re: Ammo pouch - 03/12/17
Marble's makes a nice rimfire ammo carrier. It holds 50 rounds of 22 lr in 5-10 round stacks. It clips on your belt and is under $10.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2...ser-for-rimfire-ammunition-polymer-black
Posted By: 1minute Re: Ammo pouch - 03/12/17
All very cute, but it better hold at least a brick, or I'll be making repeated trips to the rig at the edge of the squirrel field.
© 24hourcampfire