Home
Posted By: Hippy K-22 ?? - 05/21/17
LGS has guns from a Estate for sale mostly hand guns and a few Military rifles BUT there also a Kimber Yonkers K-22 NIB with better than average wood. What's the fair market on this rifle ?

Thanx,

Jim
Posted By: mudstud Re: K-22 ?? - 05/21/17
Since no one else appears to care to reply, I'll give it a go. First of all, I'll point out that your question is a bit like asking what the value of a Camaro is, without a lot of other pertinent information. Also, you say better than average wood. Compared to what? Have you seen any other K-22's to compare? Many K-22's have spectacular wood, and others not so much. Altho the average K-22 has much nicer lumber than a whole lot of other rifles. The K-22 has been made in four grades, the Hunter, Classic, Custom Classic and Superamerica, in ascending order. In addition, there are some variances, as changes were made in the production lifespan of these rifles.

To give a value on these rifles, first of all depends on the grade, condition, which you say is NIB (assuming all papers, target, etc.), and the quality of the lumber. I would say a NIB Classic, with average wood for a K-22 Classic, would run $1100 or maybe a bit more. A Hunter would be a little less, and the Custom Classic, more. I would be surprised if a NIB Custom Classic didn't bring $1500, or even more, as they are rare. The Superamerica looks to bring around $2500, NIB. A S/A with spectacular wood probably higher. I think this is a fair representation of values right now. You could always do a search of completed auctions on GunBroker to get an idea what these have been selling for.
Posted By: jerrywoodswalker Re: K-22 ?? - 05/22/17
Hippy,

There's one in the classifieds, IIRC it's a hunter for $1050.

Jerry
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: K-22 ?? - 05/23/17
If there are no serious blems, I'd not let a couple hundred bucks keep me from snagging it. They're only going to get scarcer and more expensive.

Optics?
Posted By: Rolltide Re: K-22 ?? - 05/30/17
Which K22 is it? Edited to add that the prices vary wildly. When I purchased the 3 I have, a Hunter, SVT and Pro Varmint, I found each ranging in price from $550 to $1300. My Hunter was purchased with a Leupold 3-9x33 for $850. The SVT I bought had a Tasco World Class 10-40 and I paid $550. The Pro Varmints seem to made of a special material called unobtaniam, as I've only seen a couple for sale. Mine came from a PM on Accurate Shooter. With the Leupold 6.5-20 EFR, it was more than I wanted to pay at $1400, but it is my favorite.
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: K-22 ?? - 06/08/17
Rolltide,
Those were all excellent purchases; would love to find a Pro Varmint.
RTR
Posted By: boatammo Re: K-22 ?? - 06/22/17
recently bought a NIB pro varmint for1200.00. more than I wanted to pay BUT they are not out there much.
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: K-22 ?? - 06/22/17
I have a Classic I wouldn't sell for less than 1k

I'd love to buy a Custom Classic if anyone has a line on one.
Posted By: Rolltide Re: K-22 ?? - 06/23/17
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Rolltide,
Those were all excellent purchases; would love to find a Pro Varmint.
RTR

I looked all over to find one...actually, I put WTB ads on a dozen forums and had several offers on SVT's, some at decent prices and some at prices I would never consider, but only had one Pro Varmint offered and I jumped on it. It's handy as hell!
Posted By: Rolltide Re: K-22 ?? - 06/23/17
Originally Posted by boatammo
recently bought a NIB pro varmint for1200.00. more than I wanted to pay BUT they are not out there much.

I totally agree...it took me months to find one.
Posted By: cznut Re: K-22 ?? - 06/24/17
I would say 1000.00 to 1100,00 depending on how good the wood is, high grade stock would raise that of course
© 24hourcampfire