Home
Posted By: 41rem Winchester 69a - 05/26/17
Thinking of picking one up, my local shop has a clean looking one for $250. Bore is brite, bluing good & the stock looks nice

Anything I need to be on the lookout for?

Posted By: viking Re: Winchester 69a - 05/26/17
Buy, buy it now. My old man has two. The one he got back in the 50-60's. That's what I carried for years and years around the farm.

The magazines are a five shot, and they did make a 10 shot.
Posted By: OldRooster Re: Winchester 69a - 05/26/17
That's a helluva good price. I grew up with one of those and would like another.
Posted By: patbrennan Re: Winchester 69a - 05/26/17
Peep sight and grooved receiver? Hard to lose at that price.
Posted By: 41rem Re: Winchester 69a - 05/26/17
Has the peep sight, seller said the reciviver has been professionaly drilled & tapped for scope bases. Which is fine with me have a vari-× ll 2-7× I'm planning on installing.

I failed to notice the fine points when I looked at it a week ago. Doubt if the receiver is the grooved one, if it is why bother to drill and tap? This one must predate the grooved receiver one.

Did have the short, long & long rifle marking on barrel.
Posted By: 41rem Re: Winchester 69a - 05/28/17
Has a set of scope mounting holes on the barrel that looks like they might have been original, for those old-school long scopes.

And then it looks like a gunsmith did the drill and tap the receiver for a more standard mounting position.
Posted By: Henryseale Re: Winchester 69a - 05/28/17
That is the first gun I ever shot, 57 years ago. I remember it well. I am delighted to say that I still have it, although I have not shot it in years. I plan for it to be the first rifle my grandson shoots. Mine has the peep sight and no scope mounting grooves. I'm not sure when my father got it. I really liked it for a bolt action. I really don't know why Winchester quit making them. There seems to be an interest in bolt action .22s.
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Winchester 69a - 05/28/17
Good deal, buy it and enjoy it. I have over 10 of them some with groove receivers some not. I will buy more if I run across them, around here they sell for 350 on up.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Winchester 69a - 06/05/17
I got a very good Win 69a for $200 + $13 tax from a pawn shop in 2013
I got a mint Win 69a for $150+ $24 tax from a pawn shop in 2016

I have paid $250 for a Win 75, $529 for a Win 75 target, and $550 for Win 75 sporter.

The only difference between a 69a and a 75 is the stock.

I am always on the lookout for another Win 69a.
Posted By: bobg Re: Winchester 69a - 06/28/17
Bought a 69A in 1962. New in box. Had a Weaver 4 power scope put on it. Paid $50.00 plus tax for it. 16 years old at the time. I lived in the country and that rifle went every where i went.. Still have it 54 years later and no it is not for sale.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Winchester 69a - 06/28/17
I'm refurbishing a 69A for a friend. It sat neglected for two generations and looks it. It's cleaning up nicely but is missing the moving parts of the receiver sight. No luck finding them anywhere for a price less than half of what the gun is worth. Sigh. Holes for a Weaver N mount are there- cheaper to go that route than build the sight.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Winchester 69a - 06/28/17
The 69A is a cool little rifle. I ran across 3 a few months ago. One guy at a small town gunshow had 2 on his table. He said he was a collector and had 12 at home. Supposedly his favorite 22lr. He told me they had the same receiver/action as the model 75, but were a lot less money. I would have bought one of them, but I think his prices were a bit high at $595.00... I actually have a line on a target model 75 made in '51 right now, for about the same price. Kind of a no brainer to go with the 75 at that price...
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Winchester 69a - 06/28/17
And for another hundred or so, you can get a pre-A 52. smile
© 24hourcampfire