Home
Posted By: oneandtwo Remington model 12A - 06/20/17
I just picked up a Remington model 12A #89070 and the action bar plunger does not stick out. It is flush with the tube that holds it. Is this something that someone has seen before? The rifle works fine. Any insight into this is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: Kp321 Re: Remington model 12A - 06/21/17
That plunger is held out by a very small straight spring, if my memory serves me. The spring could be broken or just gunked up. No big deal, the plunger just keeps the action bar from falling out when disassembled.
Posted By: oneandtwo Re: Remington model 12A - 06/27/17
Thanks for the reply. The plunger looks as if it was sheared off. There is only a semi circle of the plunger left. I would assume the spring is still in place. IF I can find a replacement plunger is there much to replacing it? Looks like if you pull out the pin the plunger piece and the spring would pop out of the recess. Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
Posted By: oneandtwo Re: Remington model 12A - 06/30/17
I decided to replace the plunger, the spring and the pin. I think the spring goes in the hole first, then the plunger and last the pin to hold all pieces in place. Is that correct? Any help is appreciated.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Remington model 12A - 07/03/17
Go to youtube, and search "Remington model 12."
© 24hourcampfire