Home
Opinions?
The one made by Ruger.
Originally Posted by wareagle700
The one made by Ruger.

BX
+10
The Rugers are miles ahead of any other option out there
I only have a sample of one, but my BX-25 mag gives me one or two FTF's each mag full. 10 rounders are flawless in both my rifles, but that 25 rounder is good for a jam or two every time.
Originally Posted by tmitch
I only have a sample of one, but my BX-25 mag gives me one or two FTF's each mag full. 10 rounders are flawless in both my rifles, but that 25 rounder is good for a jam or two every time.

+1
Maybe I'm just not lucky with the high capacity stuff, but the only high capacity 10/22 mags I've found to be worth a fugk are the Tactical Innovations. They're adjustable to the respective rifle and once setup will run flawlessly.

The Ruger and other versions inevitably give fits in every 10/22 I own.

IMO the money is better spent on multiple 10 rounders.

Dave
Have to agree. Most of my energy goes to hitting the target with round #1.
I haven't used it enough to make a reliability claim, but these are the best built ones I have encountered. Can rather easily be taken apart for cleaning:

https://hcmags.com/
Even the 15 round Ruger magazine I have with my Ruger Charger is a PITA. I can't make it through a single mag without a misfeed or failure to feed. The same gun works flawlessly with the Ruger 10 round mag.
I had no probs with the old Butler Creek mags......talkin' 25 yrs or so back.
Ran the pizz outta them.
Crime bill crap. Sold them to a buddy.
Like flush fit 10 rounders better......where my hand goes when carrying the rifle.
I forget what the heck I traded my 10/22 DSP off for ...........

I need a slotted screw 10/22 mag for my '67. Had one but it went away with my Fingergroove.
Originally Posted by deflave
Maybe I'm just not lucky with the high capacity stuff, but the only high capacity 10/22 mags I've found to be worth a fugk are the Tactical Innovations. They're adjustable to the respective rifle and once setup will run flawlessly.

The Ruger and other versions inevitably give fits in every 10/22 I own.

IMO the money is better spent on multiple 10 rounders.

Dave

This. Once a month, we have a Steel Challenge match at our range. Without fail, the folks who bring the BX-25 Ruger mags end up cussing them and finishing last in the match because most of their stage time is spent trying to get the guns to run with those mags. Mostly from FTE and FTF. The dimensions on the BX-25's are, for whatever reason, slightly smaller than the 10 rd mags. Couple that with the added weight and they cock funny in the gun causing them not to run right.

A few guys have tried glueing a little velcro patch on one side of the mag so that it snugs things up, but it doesn't work too well.

I run an Alangator tri-mag that couples three 10-rd mags together and have never had an issue.
I posted earlier that the Rugers were better than anything else I've tried. Decided since I would be spending a few hours at the range yesterday, I'd take a couple of them along so I didn't have to load mags so often. I couldn't get either by KIDD or a standard 10/22 that has had some KIDD love to work with the 25 rd mags. Both ran perfectly with the 10 rounders, but the bolt couldn't even close with the 25 rounders in. I tried rocking the mags and inserting when the bolt was closed and open, but no joy. Now, I'm going to have to take them to the range with an unmolested Spiral Fluted model to figure out if it's the mags or something with my rifles... Anybody else have the same issue where the mags won't even allow the bolt to close?
I think the 25 round mags made by Ruger are the better than the other 25 rounder's but the 10 round standard Ruger mags are still the most reliable.
Originally Posted by Remy
Originally Posted by tmitch

+1

And here I thought it was just me. I'll never buy another that's for sure.
I myself just can't get my self to adulterate any 10/22 or 77/22 with any non flush fitting magazine.
That being said I own one (25rnd) that came with one of my trades that I would gladly trade for a factory 10 rounder.
There is no such thing as a best 25-round clip/magazine for a Ruger 10/22. They are all junk.
Finally a knowledgeable poster.
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
Finally a knowledgeable poster.

Finally another f*cking retard.

Definition of sarcasm

: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain

a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual
Before Ruger sold a 25 round magazine the general consensus @ RFC was that the TI25 MACHINED ALUMINUM 25 round Ruger 10/22 high capacity magazine was the highest quality 25 round mag available.

While the BX 25 is cheaper and "factory" I still prefer my TI mags.

http://www.tacticalinc.com/ti25-machined-aluminum-steel-lipbrmagazine-ruger-1022-p-212.html
I've got around 8 of the BX mags and have fired thousands of rounds through several platforms and I can probably count on one hand the number of times I needed to clear a round.

Wish TI made a 25rd for the 22 mag.
Just carry two spare 10 rounders for a total of 30.
You can carry a couple standard 10 rounders in a nylon speedloader pouch on your belt, that's pretty handy. That's what I normally do.

That said, I've got a Steel Lips (Butler Creek) that works well enough with high velocity ammo. I haven't tried it with standard velocity ammo, no reason to do so. The main thing I like about it, is its clear plastic, and I kinda like knowing how much ammo is left in the magazine. I do NOT like the long magazines in general, but I found the 25 rounder cheaper than a stock 10, and if I wanted to, it would work in my RAR, too. (Not bloody likely, but it'll work)
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
You can carry a couple standard 10 rounders in a nylon speedloader pouch on your belt, that's pretty handy. That's what I normally do

Same here except mine are leather....... Hey it was what was on sale at the time.
These also work great.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/...2-Accessories/prod999901361761/cat100050
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE

It's a personal thing, I understand, but for me it's no different than a 25 round mag hanging down. For me it's all about the flush fitting non encroachment characteristics of the original 10 round mag.
© 24hourcampfire