Home
Posted By: Porker Brno no.2 in 22 Mag? - 09/03/17
Hi all,

Havn't posted for a while but still reading a lot on the fire ... was hoping someone could reply to the question ...

Was there ever a 22 mag produced by Brno in a no.2? My friend claims his is a no.2 and it is scary accurate.
I shot it at 100m on a windless day many years ago in Africa and it easily grouped an inch.

hope someone can shed some light. Nothing comes up on google...
Posted By: jk16 Re: Brno no.2 in 22 Mag? - 09/03/17
No..not to my knowledge . There were BRNO marked 452-E rifles made by CZ in the 1970s and 80s but I believe the number 2s wre all 22LR.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Brno no.2 in 22 Mag? - 09/03/17
Never heard of one, and during my diligent search for a perfect No.2 I think I would've caught wind of any .22 Mags. I should think that modifications required for it to function as such would've been possible, but doing so would've caused BRNO to give it a different model designation. I think the biggest stumbling block would've been the magazine, not to mention the larger bore dimensions for .22 Mag.

Back when BRNO was building the No.1 and No.2 they were keeping their product line simple- the KISS principle, as it were.

As for me, my No.2 is a cherished item- scary accurate and a delight to carry in the squirrel woods. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Posted By: jk16 Re: Brno no.2 in 22 Mag? - 09/03/17
And hete is another thing to consider..

The .22 Win Mag was not introduced until 1959.

The BRNO model 2s I believe had altrady been replaced by the Model 5 sporters I think.

A Czech firm like BRNO/CZ from behind the Iron Curtain would have been fairly slow to adopt an Americam round and I think that explians not seeing any BRNOs made in the 22WMR until the 1970s.
Posted By: zeissman Re: Brno no.2 in 22 Mag? - 09/03/17
Originally Posted by jk16
....The BRNO model 2s I believe had altrady been replaced by the Model 5 sporters I think......

The Brno Model 2 was introduced in 1956 and is of course the predecessor of the CZ 452. The Model 1 was replaced by the Model 5 in 1958. The quality deteriorated after CZ took over from Brno in late 1967. The mid to late1970's Model 2's made by CZ (still trading under the Brno name) were probably the worst of them. Modern CZ's are very well made although IMHO not to the same standards as the earlier Brno's.

There was never a Brno Model 2 .22 Mag. The action isn't designed for the longer WMR cartridge.
Posted By: Porker Re: Brno no.2 in 22 Mag? - 09/06/17
Thanks guys, maybe the serial no. on that Brno will shed some light, I'll be back...
Posted By: Porker Re: Brno no.2 in 22 Mag? - 11/08/17
Sstill waiting for that data, think my friend is still fishing in Zimbabwe...
© 24hourcampfire